[Team] have played more than the max number of games in stage 0 of [Division]

MRC

So, I have created 3 youth tiers within my database, and upon verification was confronted with this issue:

toomanygames.jpg.8c9a788dfdfdda09cbc892559a8d7ef5.jpg

Does anyone have an idea or could look into my file to fix this?

The league in question contains 80 teams but is set to be split in 4 groups with 2 rounds each, meaning each team plays 38 games - which is also the number of games I've set in the setting.

I have trouble locating where the issue lies and what makes them play more games. It's always a different U19 team showing up when I test the file, so I guess this is a matter that either affects all teams or one that occurs when they get drawn into some competition (even though that shouldn't be stage 0 anymore).

Any help is much appreciated!

AR 23.4. MRCX European Super League European Club Comps deleted.fmf

I think it probably has something to do with the groups. Because the EYL Division A, which is above this league and only a regular league with 20 teams, verified without any issues.

Edited by MRC

It seems the error has got something to do with "League Settings" -> "Matches From Other Stage" -> "Extra League Games".

Now the problem here comes in the form of promotions and relegations. Because if I untick "Extra League Games", I verify the issue with "too many games" just fine by the look of it, but the relegation between the two divisions with groups throws up an error.

I've been able to conclude previously, that that error can be fixed by ticking "Extra League Games", adding a line and doing nothing with it (it essentially just says "Stage 0" then).

So that's a bit of a pickle - anyone experienced that issue or has any idea how to fix it apart from me completely revamping and changing the league structure? (The issue is that going from groups to outright subdivisions might throw up a similar issue, but that's what I'll have to try if no one has any idea.