FM23 - When do B teams get formed in Portugal ?

Hello, 

I am currently playing through a save in Portugal. With a custom DB from sortitoutsi for lower Portuguese leagues.

I picked a team from 4th tier and so far managed to get promoted up to 1st tier. Just finished my 3rd season in 1st tier however my B team did not form. Also I don't have the option to request the board for it. I am a bit worried that it will not. 

I expect this to be a long term one club save so it would be very beneficial to have B team. 

Under what circumstances will this option appear? What do I need to ? 

Thanks for any advice. 

You usually get asked at the start of the season. If it helps...a Bteam really isn't all that in Portugal. They go to a very low division and there's no way of seeing their fixtures or progress. I managed Academica Coibria for 10 seasons and never saw my B team play a game (unless it was an organised friendly).

9 hours ago, jdmk88 said:

You usually get asked at the start of the season. If it helps...a Bteam really isn't all that in Portugal. They go to a very low division and there's no way of seeing their fixtures or progress. I managed Academica Coibria for 10 seasons and never saw my B team play a game (unless it was an organised friendly).

Thanks for your answer !

I hope that it will still happen to me ! just qualified for CL qualification playoffs so maybe that will trigger the board to make one. One thing I wasn't doing so far is keeping the youth players as they were too bad. I will try to keep them going forwards. 
About the B team, I've seen someone on these forums who got a B team created and after few seasons they did finally join playable leagues, so I think it is just time that it needs to advance up. That was FM22. 

14 hours ago, RoguPL said:

Thanks for your answer !

I hope that it will still happen to me ! just qualified for CL qualification playoffs so maybe that will trigger the board to make one. One thing I wasn't doing so far is keeping the youth players as they were too bad. I will try to keep them going forwards. 
About the B team, I've seen someone on these forums who got a B team created and after few seasons they did finally join playable leagues, so I think it is just time that it needs to advance up. That was FM22. 

I'm sure B teams can come up through the divisions. I feel like it's pretty random and not necessarily dependent on the quality of the team though. 

• 2 weeks later...