Vini Jr. Role and how to make the winger the main threat?

I`m a big fan of him and want to hear for your what you think is the best role to replicate his play?

Also how to make a tactic with the inverted winger receiving the ball alot and running in defence creating chances for him and his partners?

Love to hear from you guys. Sorry for english mistakes

On 07/05/2023 at 15:36, Akranion said:

I`m a big fan of him and want to hear for your what you think is the best role to replicate his play?

Also how to make a tactic with the inverted winger receiving the ball alot and running in defence creating chances for him and his partners?

I would say he stays high and wide before cutting inside or driving to the byline-- while Benzema does the roaming as a CF.

IW-A w/stay wide I think, it's always difficult to recreate what makes great players special in the ME. He's got potential to go in game, so train his mentals (Anticipation/Flair seem really low in game) to get the best reflection of how he plays IRL. 

Not sure what traits are on him in game, but "trys tricks," "runs with the ball," "beats man repeatedly," should all be on him. "Uses outside of foot" is how he passes irl, stabbing the ball through, but might cut down on his other foot too much, would have to play around with it. 

Edited by Cloud9

5 minutes ago, Akranion said:

Thanks guys, he just scored another great goal. Do you know some youngster in FM I can mold into a new Vini Jr.? I want to make me team around him

Difficult because his ability/decisions (and potential in game) are underlined by his pace. Only player I can think of would be a high potential Jeremy Doku in your save. 

Angelo and Vitor Roque are Brazilian attacking frontmen in a similar mood, but ultimately they could never get that quick.

Edited by Cloud9

12 hours ago, Akranion said:

Thanks guys, he just scored another great goal. Do you know some youngster in FM I can mold into a new Vini Jr.? I want to make me team around him

Having a youngster get that good is a tall ask. Players that could become similar would need high pace and PA, so someone like Garnacho, Doku, Duranville, Gittens, Gnonto, None of them are cheap.

On a lower lvl players like Ernest Nuamah have most of the key attributes to play like Vini, just far from the potential to be as good.

Edited by lied90

Le 08/05/2023 à 00:36, Akranion a dit :

Rather than recreating Vini. Jr, focus on what you like about him ?

As someone said, I would go with a W-a if he has the « cut inside » PPM.

I’m not a huge follower of Real Madrid, but I wouldn’t say he’s a IW or a IF.

IW moves with a U-shape. What they pretty much do is running wide, stop, and the cut inside to deliver a cross or a long shot.

IF may loose him the dribble man effect IMO. He will more likely to wait to have ball in space and try to kill it with a goal.

W-a with the adequate PPM does the best of both World : they can move like IW, IF and W.

For example, I play Gabriel Martinelli in a W-a role (not at the AM level but LM-level). He scored a bunch of goals (more than 15) and deliver plenty of assists, while not being a regular starter.

But, still, it is just my opinion.

It also relies on your tactic !

il y a 40 minutes, mikcheck a dit :

Even playing in a winger role on the opposite side of his strong foot, will he still do it without the cut inside trait? 

Tbh, never tried it : most of the « natural IW/IF » have the PPM.

I would say that even on their wrong foot they won’t cut inside as they don’t have neither the PPM nor the PI. They even have the opposite PI hard coded, explaining why the PPM is important 

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/05/2023 at 21:09, Akranion said:

Andreas Schjelderup from Benfica. Not as quick as Vini but I got him playing as a inverted winger as a left midfielder and he pops in often in finishing positions to score. Also a good set piece taker and after one season with me he's already got some top class playmaking abilities.

Edited by Canalma