[FM23] Breaking the Duopoly

Dev'o

Breaking the duopoly

For years, the Glaswegian duopoly has ruled - it's been 67 years since four different teams have won the SPL in four years - with Celtic or Rangers being the side of choice in recent history. 

So I've decided I'm going to start this as a fun save, starting with Queens Park, seeing if I can't turn a duopoly into a three-way Glaswegian epic for the title each year.

More Glasgow derbies each year when we make the Scottish prem has gotta be a good thing right?

Hampden Park - Glasgow | Scottish FA

Hampden Park in its glory days...

Edited by Dev'o

July 2022

image.thumb.png.034d28559cc9ab230b3dfb87353e5a83.png

Well, it's been an interesting month. I've managed to get Malachi Boateng off the books, which has allowed me to increase my scouting range, but also, bring in Jordon Hall from Melbourne City, and Mitch Austin on a free, although I am on the look out for a new DM and GK. Some big wins but we were humbled by Kilmarnock in a result that didnt really reflect how we played. That said, we have finished top of the table in the Premier Sports Cup, and now face Motherwell. Can't complain about that.

August 2022

image.thumb.png.c3dab2d5f06dd514003e79cd8862851c.png

Bit of a hit and miss month here. I've brought in Chris Herd, yet another Australian to slot into the DM role. I've also brought in Lewis Budinauckus from Rangers as a backup keeper option as none of our keepers are that great. I tried to get Ben Garratt across the line at the end but no dice. Still, a solid start to the season and we're second, facing first place Dundee at the beginning of September.
image.png.c6614bf6e379ac07ddd5755935d39a72.png