[Discussion]Some ideas about new tactic roles

Dr. Alessio Q.H.

I have 2 ideas about creating new tactic roles in future FM. Welcome for your discussion!

1) A new D(L/R) role

Nowadays, there are lots of top teams building up their defending just like 'zona mista' - a wing back goes high and wide, the opposide one slots in as a third centre-back. For example, when Italy national team played in 2020 Euro, Spinazzola plays like a left wing back in FM, and di Lorenzo moves to the postion of as the right centre-back. So when they tried to attack, it makes the 4-3-3 formation look like 3-5-2 or 3-4-3. (By the way, this defending formation calls '3 and a half backs''三个半后卫' in Chinese literally, but I don't know what it calls in English.)

I tried to make similar tactics in FM, but a FB or IWB cannot achieve the above effect. It might be very similar to a asymmetrical 4-backs - WB-CD-CD-WCD. But it seems quite weird to use a WCD in a 4-backs formation. Meanwhile, I don't want use 3 backs with 2 wingbacks or 5 backs to achieve it.

SO it might be a good idea to set this special back role at D(L/R) position.

2) A new AM role

In some teams, AMs don't provide dribbling, passing or something else like traditional ones. What they are good at is their physical condition. They use their strong bodies to fight with defenders and support their teammates. They act as a TM or WTM, but in the formation they are at the AM position. I think it might be a interesting option to select in the AM position.

My English is not very good, so there may be something I can't describe clearly or precisely. It's also the reason why I set this topic as Discussion.

Thanks for your reading!

Edited by Dr. Alessio Q.H.
make some complement

• 2 months later...