Wide Role Combinations

I was wondering if someone can provide an explanation of the role interaction between a normal winger and a fullback, wingback and inverted wingback?

what defense role is likely to get the best out of a normal winger? For instance would a wingback still overlap with a winger and would that take away some of the wingers space forcing him to move inside? 

Depends on what duty you have them on, for instance a Wingback(A) is more likely to overlap a Winger(S) than vice versa

I like the FB & Winger combination myself. With a WB and Winger, they're both dribble wide sort of roles where a FB will move inside the winger at times so I like to mix it up. If I can stretch to it (ie have a player available) a CWB and Winger is a good combination with the CWB's roaming instruction 

IWB will still perform the defensive duties of a fullback, just on the ball they will move infield while the Winger stays wider

17 minutes ago, Bird_SA said:

what defense role is likely to get the best out of a normal winger? 

I'm not fully sure what you mean here, I like a DM (or two) when I'm using Wingbacks 

20 minutes ago, Bird_SA said:

For instance would a wingback still overlap with a winger and would that take away some of the wingers space forcing him to move inside? 

A bit yes, you're asking two players to do very similar things on the flanks which is why I like to mix it up :thup:

Thank you for your reply. Some good insights. 

For example if I had a AML Winger (S),  a CML Advanced Playmaker (A) and a Halfback (D) I guess I should looking at either a CWB or a Fullback on Support? Or would a IWB make more sense? Or which fullback role would give me the best interactions combined with those others?

2 hours ago, Bird_SA said:

For example if I had a AML Winger (S),  a CML Advanced Playmaker (A) and a Halfback (D) I guess I should looking at either a CWB or a Fullback on Support? Or would a IWB make more sense? Or which fullback role would give me the best interactions combined with those others?

I think your idea of a FB on Support sounds like the one I'd start with, the HB and FB would help protect the left hand side if the AP goes forward, FB(A) wouldn't be a bad idea either  

Try out the different and see which one you prefer