New club on its knees

What's your first few weeks at a club looking like? Does this change depending on when in the season you take over?

I've been Botafogo manager for 4 seasons and just resigned after winning the double. Ended up being offered the job at Palermo who after 17 games sit bottom of Serie A on 11 points, 6 from safety. Luckily we're just about to enter the Jan transfer window but there's very little leeway on ins and outs unless I can get rid of a few. The squad is huge but low on quality.

Staff numbers aren't great but again the money isn't really there to bring quality in.

Basically I don't know where to start...the whole club is a mess from top to bottom.

How do you approach joining a new club that are struggling on and off the pitch? Do you have a set formula or just judge each club on its different

Ihave barel changed clubs in my FM career, and never midseason, but there are a few things I always do when I start a save:

1) check whois providing the reports and change it to best JA guy

2) take control of training and contractual matters

3) check the stats comparison for the league, and the season preview to gauge where we are predicted to finish

4) check squad dynamics to spot leaders/influential players and potential unhappines

5) Identity your strong players and build a tactic from there. check what they were doing before and where it went wrong