A large database for 100k players - how much does a game file weigh after 20 seasons?

I remember that in FM14 there was no problem with fluidity even after 15 years of gameplay, unfortunately, but my laptop is not able to pull FM23 further than 6-7 seasons on a small base (it stutters or the game crashes)

I've got every player in the world loaded + a Level 13 English database + my own custom leagues (about 520,000 players), and if the file makes it to 20 seasons it will be a miracle of modern computing. Mind you, it's so slow that I'll be lucky to live that long.

2 hours ago, Supermercado99 said:

I've got every player in the world loaded + a Level 13 English database + my own custom leagues (about 520,000 players), and if the file makes it to 20 seasons it will be a miracle of modern computing. Mind you, it's so slow that I'll be lucky to live that long.

:D

The things we do for depth and realism!

I imagine you let the transfer deadline process whilst you're sleeping  :lol:

Edited by Brother Ben

On 19/05/2023 at 19:39, Brother Ben said:

:D

The things we do for depth and realism!

I imagine you let the transfer deadline process whilst you're sleeping  :lol:

I just have it on during the day and walk in to click a button every few minutes. Prefer to watch the world unfold (slowly) than manage my own team anyway.

Update - posting this was like a drug addict realising they've hit rock bottom. I'll never give up my all players loaded lifestyle but dialling the leagues back to level 9 so I'm not stuck on the same season for a month.

Edited by Supermercado99

My current save is in its 10th season and takes 300mg memory to save.

I hear ya. It gets slower and slower, so I need to keep removing lower leagues and countries as I move up the ladder. Even so, it becomes unbearable to play a sluggish save after 30 seasons or so...