Football Manager causing Mac to run hot!

I’m still experiencing ME issues, and I’ve noticed it’s worse the later into the match it is. I’m guessing it’s starting to throttle as it gets too hot. Does anyone have any suggestions over a cooling device that would be good for a 16” MacBook Pro as I’m struggling to find one. 

It's going to vary a bit depending on which particular model/year it is. I'm not too well versed on Macbooks, but if its one of the latter intel based CPU's you have in it, there might not be too much that can be done with how hot they ran. 

Apple are notorious for using anemic cooling solutions. They are fine for everyday tasks, but give it a sustained load (like when FM is processing) and it overheats. Giving the vents a good vacuum might help. There are also laptop stands with additional fans which might be worth a look.

On 17/05/2023 at 21:25, FM-Lee said:

I’m still experiencing ME issues, and I’ve noticed it’s worse the later into the match it is. I’m guessing it’s starting to throttle as it gets too hot. Does anyone have any suggestions over a cooling device that would be good for a 16” MacBook Pro as I’m struggling to find one. 

https://macpaw.com/how-to/fix-macbook-overheating

• 1 month later...

To keep your Mac from overheating you need to follow these tips-

1. Quit resource-intensive apps.

2. Clean dust from fans and vents.

3. Use a cooling pad.

4. Update macOS.

5. Limit background apps and processes.

6. Optimize battery settings

7. Check for viruses and malware.

8. Declutter your desktop.