Role Partnerships

Is there a site/resource/guide that highlights the combination of roles you can play in the game that make sense? I know in real world terms what I would want my players to do but I don't think the game necessarily follows that same logic. Just looking for something relatively simple to read and get an idea of why or why not you'd play certain combinations of roles and duties. 

5 hours ago, wazzaflow10 said:

Is there a site/resource/guide that highlights the combination of roles you can play in the game that make sense? I know in real world terms what I would want my players to do but I don't think the game necessarily follows that same logic. Just looking for something relatively simple to read and get an idea of why or why not you'd play certain combinations of roles and duties. 

Generally roles that will move forward together work well in pairings.

• So SV/W, W/MEZ are great combinations.
  • Also roles that create a "complete player" work well together. For example TF, AF (height, passing, aggression + pace and finishing) or the DLP/BWM (Passing/physicality). 
  • F9 + SS is quite nice as well
Edited by Cloud9

15 hours ago, CARRERA said:

There is a sticky thread that might help you. 

Thanks. I actually read this years ago and forgot it exists. Worth re-reading.

12 hours ago, Cloud9 said:

• Also roles that create a "complete player" work well together. For example TF, AF (height, passing, aggression + pace and finishing) or the DLP/BWM (Passing/physicality). 

thanks.

On 20/05/2023 at 12:22, Cloud9 said:

My next tactic ;) I suspect replies like this would drive you and Cleon mad! 

image.png.95d06e3f0c06b7148e069f859a68fd19.png

cleon: because i suspect at times people get something you write and just copy and paste without understanding what they are doing. i was just getting the roles and duties from cloud9 and chucking them all together without much thought.  anyway, it was a throw away comments so ignore it.