Help with this Database that crashes on certain date EVERYTIME

TiltedAiri

Like title says, I want to use this database (USA Expanded - 10 Tiers), but the problem is that when using the lower divisions (Levels 10-3), the game crashes to desktop every August 23rd, or if you choose a date to get PAST August 23rd, it crashes the following late August every time. I really want to be able to use this Database cause it makes the US much more fun, and I was wondering if anybody here could try and help us find the problem with the database! I've looked around in the editor and there's nothing that seems to trigger on the 23rd so I'm at a lost of what it could be.

Thanks!

USA - 10 Tiers - CEUD - Advanced Mode.fmf

Best thing is to check with the creator as they might have spotted something during their test (or not) and be able to point you to something like a missing file, or something similar.

8 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Best thing is to check with the creator as they might have spotted something during their test (or not) and be able to point you to something like a missing file, or something similar.

Yeah, I've checked with them and unfortunately they don't see anything in their tests that point to anything

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Strange. Are you using any other files that could cause a conflict?

Nope, I've tried it while having an entirely fresh/vanilla game and it still crashes every time.

Even installed it on my laptop (which has never had FM) and it crashed every time.

I did, however, find out today that it only crashes when you're EMPLOYED by a team. if I'm unemployed it just passes the date with no problems whatsoever.

On 21/05/2023 at 16:42, Callum Graham said:

I'm also having this issue. Every time it turns to 01/01/2023 the game crashes on my nation rules save. Not sure what could be causing this

On 20/05/2023 at 05:19, TiltedAiri said:

Like title says, I want to use this database (USA Expanded - 10 Tiers), but the problem is that when using the lower divisions (Levels 10-3), the game crashes to desktop every August 23rd, or if you choose a date to get PAST August 23rd, it crashes the following late August every time. I really want to be able to use this Database cause it makes the US much more fun, and I was wondering if anybody here could try and help us find the problem with the database! I've looked around in the editor and there's nothing that seems to trigger on the 23rd so I'm at a lost of what it could be.

Thanks!

USA - 10 Tiers - CEUD - Advanced Mode.fmf 478.73 kB · 2 downloads

Make Brazil a selectable league then choose to start with Brazil in February. Then the game bypasses the date and lets you play it.

This has happened with other leagues I made too in past editions of the game.

Edited by FM21_Scout

5 hours ago, FM21_Scout said:

Make Brazil a selectable league then choose to start with Brazil in February. Then the game bypasses the date and lets you play it.

Have tried this and while it did work until a point it then crashed on 01/01/2024. So there's something about that Jan 1st date my game doesn't like

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have any other leagues selected to be simulated either as playable or as view-only? 
I'm having a similar issue with one of my databases - if I simulate ONLY the leagues of that nation, it runs fine and didn't crash in a 5 season simulation. As soon as I put the leagues of another nation in the equation by simulating them as well, I consistently get a crash in early September.

14 hours ago, MRC said:

Do you have any other leagues selected to be simulated either as playable or as view-only? 
I'm having a similar issue with one of my databases - if I simulate ONLY the leagues of that nation, it runs fine and didn't crash in a 5 season simulation. As soon as I put the leagues of another nation in the equation by simulating them as well, I consistently get a crash in early September.

No just the English league only as the playable with no viewable countries.

I did also try to add the Brazil league based on the reply above but Jan 1st every year it seems to crash.

Got a small database as well

On 23/05/2023 at 08:09, FM21_Scout said:

We actually narrowed it down, it crashes on the 4th Monday in August every year no matter what if you're on a team in one of the lower leagues in this database.

I'm having the same issue as the creator of this DB, except mine seems to be worse somehow. My US database always crashes at the end of August, no matter which team I select or whether I use the advanced or basic rules version of my Db. The Concacaf Champions League also disappears when I have my USA DB loaded, even though I did nothing to edit it. I created a new CCL in a separate db. When I load my US and CCl dbs together, the CCL still doesn't show up. I really don't know what to do