promotion / relegation teams dont add up

GrahamS

I've created a league playoff at level 6 of the English pyramid for both promotion and relegation

I've also created a 3rd division at level 6 (a central division) and a 5th division at level 7 ( national league for B teams)

tier 6 is 3 divisions of 16 teams and tier 7 is 4 of 22 teams and 1 of 40 teams split into 5 groups

for promotion to the vanarama national, level 5, top 4 not promoted go into a playoff with the groups split into 3 groups of 4 and the top team after 4 rounds (12 games each) gets promoted the other teams have no fate

this seems to work 

for relegation the bottom 3 teams from tier 6 not relegated joins the top position club from tier 7 not promoted (for the national league its the top 1 from each group) this makes 18 teams

all the teams go into a group of 2 teams to 9 groups and play each other twice - the bottom club gets relegated and the other team gets no fate

this is where I'm getting issues - its saying only 12 are relegated instead of 21(12 automatically and 9 from playoffs) so there's a issue with the playoffs when trying to verify, i also get error that the relegation playoff can only find 9 teams so its not getting the teams from tier 7

can anyone help?

• 3 weeks later...

This is from an old discussion, but something to verify on your side:

https://fm-base.co.uk/threads/conflicting-number-of-promoted-teams-problem.143492/

Problem is: if you set teams to promote through playoffs, you don't add them into the number of promotion places. That's just for automatic promotions. So for Serie B you'd have 2 promotion places, then the playoff, not 4 and the playoff like you have now, and so on. Also, either set automatic promotion places in the parent competition, or the child competition, not both...which you've done. Finally, you can't have relegation from Serie d if you don't list a league for those teams to relegate to.