New italian format FM 23

irongiovy

Hello everyone

I have a database where I customized Italian Serie A, B, C, Coppa Italia and Supercoppa Italiana, all with a completely new structure.
But I need to add Serie D (and set up the Eccellenza championship, which for me would be the first "unplayable" championship), youth tournaments and the Viareggio Tournament.

I have a database where these championships are present, but I don't know how to "merge" them correctly, to create the Italian pyramid I have in mind.

Does anyone have any advice or help for me?
Thank you!

Copy/paste the rules from one file into another.

I made a guide on how to do it for extracting international competitions here https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/540347-how-to-extract-continental-club-and-international-files-from-editor-tutorial/?do=findComment&comment=13403624

You can ignore most of it, since you're not doing that, but if you're not sure how to do the copy/paste have a look at that part of it.

Although be aware that you'll need to make some adjustments to account for the new rules, eg. adding them to the competitions and division levels lists. Possible altering them to make sure they line up with what you've got in your first file in terms of promotion/relegation and number of teams etc.

Thank you for your answer @rusty217!
I haven't tested it yet, but it seems to be of great help!!!

But the database from which I'm extracting the competitions that interest me, has over 30,000 database changes that I would need to paste into the "final database" that I will use for my game.
How can they be pasted?
I've tried selecting them all, clicking "copy" and then "pasting" everything, but it doesn't seem to work.

7 hours ago, irongiovy said:

Thank you for your answer @rusty217!
I haven't tested it yet, but it seems to be of great help!!!

But the database from which I'm extracting the competitions that interest me, has over 30,000 database changes that I would need to paste into the "final database" that I will use for my game.
How can they be pasted?
I've tried selecting them all, clicking "copy" and then "pasting" everything, but it doesn't seem to work.

Ah, you only need to copy/paste the actual rules. Database changes are easier. Load up your main database then go File > Merge Editor Data and select the second database. It will add all of the database changes into your main database.

If it's just changes to existing items then (unless there are clashes with changes you've already done in your main database) then that's all you'd need to do. If there are any newly created competitions etc. you may need to double check things still match up. The game uses unique ID numbers to link things to competitions rather than the competition names. For everything in the default database they're fixed, but newly created competitions have newly generated ID numbers that may be different when loaded in a different database, so some things may be linked incorrectly after the merge.

5 hours ago, irongiovy said:

Thank you very much for the advices @rusty217!
But now I'm stuck with the youth championships, and I can't fix this error, do you have any other valuable advices?

errore test editor.png

Either add more teams to those leagues so they meet the minimum required, or edit them to reduce the minimum.

Personally I hate editing youth leagues. They're a real pain in the butt and seem to have errors a lot more often than regular leagues.

1 ora fa, rusty217 ha scritto:

Either add more teams to those leagues so they meet the minimum required, or edit them to reduce the minimum.

Personally I hate editing youth leagues. They're a real pain in the butt and seem to have errors a lot more often than regular leagues.

I think I've already done what I should have done to meet the number of squad requirements, yet the error repeats :(

2 minutes ago, irongiovy said:

I think I've already done what I should have done to meet the number of squad requirements, yet the error repeats :(

It may be an issue with some teams not correctly being picked up by the editor. It happens sometimes with youth teams. Not sure what to suggest. I think last time something like that happened to me I just scrapped the custom youth tournaments and setup new ones that are exact copies of the main leagues (basically copied the way it's done in the simple rules editor).

53 minuti fa, rusty217 ha scritto:

It may be an issue with some teams not correctly being picked up by the editor. It happens sometimes with youth teams. Not sure what to suggest. I think last time something like that happened to me I just scrapped the custom youth tournaments and setup new ones that are exact copies of the main leagues (basically copied the way it's done in the simple rules editor).

I already tried to copy the Serie A format with the youth leagues, but I changed its usual format. Youth leagues fail to run properly. So I'm forced to use a db made by other people (certainly the best around for the Italian championships), but despite this, I keep making some mistakes that I still can't figure out!
Is there anyone willing to take a look at it?