Loan out to a bottom Championship side, or a top League One side?

The case: I manage Man Utd. For one of my youth prospects, these are my two best options for a loan during the January 2024 transfer window:

- Huddersfield, currently 2nd in League One. They have excellent training facilities.

- Peterborough, currently 22nd in the Championship. They have good training facilities.

Both offer playing time of at least regular starter (important player in the case of Huddersfield).

According to my habits, picking Huddersfield would be almost a no brainer. I understand that the most important consideration is to give the player game time on the highest level possible.

However, lately I have come to doubt my habits. It seems a recurrent issued that loaned out players may become unhappy if they play for a team near the bottom of their league. In such situations there is often a remark in the loan report saying that the player is unhappy because he feels better then the players around him. Often this opinion is absurd since the player's current level is 1-2 leagues below the one that he is playing in. But that is what it often says in any case.

So in other words I guess I am uncertain to what extend I should heed to or ignore that style of unhappiness according to loan reports. And similarly, sometimes avoid loaning players out to relegation threatened teams if I have another good option.

I have no clue really. Perhaps such stuff is important. And perhaps it doesn't matter and I can just ignore such loan reports that indicated this type of unhappiness with the loan.

I would opt for Huddersfield.

I would assume players will develop more if they are happy, playing well, training well and winning football matches.

I can’t imagine losing every week and being unhappy will do much for a players development.

One important thing to consider is the manager and his playing style/preferred formation. I assume Peterborough will be playing relatively risk-free defensive football since they are in a relegation dogfight, and vice versa for Huddersfield. What position does the youth prospect play in, and does he fit in the tactics of those teams?