New hidden personality attribute: Pragmatism

Gabriponte22

No,! No hidden attributes. Its already ridicilous that we have "consistency", "important matches", "injury proneness" as ones. Seriously, this is not the 90s where we didnt know how consistent or big game player players were. Players are being thoroughly scouted almost to grass root level. Its POINTLESS to have these hidden attributes unless you're plaing LLM. By LLM i mean like div 6 in sweden...

4 ore fa, 2feet ha scritto:

I think media handling styles cover this...?

eg 'controversy' attribute?

Nope, it's different, a controversial player can know little about how clubs are run and vice versa

I do like where you're going with the idea.

At this point, the game gets too easy once you're at full green bars in dynamics/morale is high etc. Would be great if there were mechanics, such as this, within the game to keep things challenging and keep you on your toes. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/06/2023 at 13:59, Birdman10piyu said:

I do like where you're going with the idea.

At this point, the game gets too easy once you're at full green bars in dynamics/morale is high etc. Would be great if there were mechanics, such as this, within the game to keep things challenging and keep you on your toes. 

The game gets too easy because scouting is perfect. I like OOTP's implementation of scouting. Current and Potential are based on your scouts opinions not the actual value. I know people would cheese this and only get the best scouts but could be countered with scouting roles where the best scouts (i.e. 18+ for JPA, JPP) want to be chief scout or continental/regional scout while your league based/nation based scouts would be more ordinary (with few exceptions for new scouts with little experience who eventually want a promotion or leave for a club offering them a better role).  Even the best scouts should have built in errors too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Gabriponte22 I think what you describe in this new trait is already (or could be already) be covered by a mix of traits like ambition, professionalism, pressure and more and could be (or are already ?) covered by them... Why introduce another hidden traits, which i think are kind of "cheap game balancing tricks" to make a player evolve (or not evolve) with more or less arguable reasons. 

So, a bit out of the scope of your suggestion, i m more in favor of a - no hidden attributes - approach at all, (most likely because i m not pragmatic enough myself (lol ?)), or just because this hidden attributes almost made me give up on FM (namely in FM21, 9 seasons club carreer) because of some radical "destroy a player with no reason" mechanism (and the end of a season of my club results too btw...)

To sump up : nothing (or so) hidden, everything that you could have an impact on by training or talking should be known, and should evolve (oh gosh...>> "important matchs" stuck forever 99% of the time ???) or... on the very opposite, why not a total "fog of war" mode/option game mode, and what you see is just the behavior of the player on the pitch, his results, his mood, how he perform and train , his physical condition and thats it. a more hardcore and/or life like mode so...

• 1 month later...