Fining U21

On 04/06/2023 at 19:13, eXistenZ said:

Yeah they removed it in the winter update.

Probably too easy to boost a youth player's workrate and determination

It wasn't intended in the first place, and so was removed.

Considering that the Court of Arbitration for Sport also ruled against clubs relatively recently for fining players for things such as "poor performance" due to the entirely subjective nature of that determination, and UEFA/FIFA have ruled against clubs allowing it, I imagine that it may be removed entirely for FM24 unless something changes in the next few months regarding the rules over player fines. 

1 hour ago, JordanMilly said:

It wasn't intended in the first place, and so was removed.

Considering that the Court of Arbitration for Sport also ruled against clubs relatively recently for fining players for things such as "poor performance" due to the entirely subjective nature of that determination, and UEFA/FIFA have ruled against clubs allowing it, I imagine that it may be removed entirely for FM24 unless something changes in the next few months regarding the rules over player fines. 

while this reasoning if perfectly valid and logical, in my experience, players react more consistently (and especially more coherently) to fines rather than criticism in the game, unfortunately

Fine a player for a 6.2, and they'll say either nothing or admit they deserve their fine (giving the fine was not out of proportions)

Criticise a last game when he has a 6.2 and he'll likely tell you "his performance was excellence" and you need to see an optician....