Golden Boot cannot be shared

I finished the season with my striker scoring 24 Premier League goals. The same tally as a striker from another team.

However, the news item announced that my striker had taken second place.

This feature has probably very little impact on the game itself but curious as to why a Golden Boot award cannot be shared.

• SI Staff
On 07/06/2023 at 10:52, Lillywhite Dean said:

This feature has probably very little impact on the game itself but curious as to why a Golden Boot award cannot be shared.

It would hurt the players feet if they both wore it? ..

(more seriously, off the cuff I don't know - its something that we can look into for sure, such awards do affect players in the game btw - if a player gets an award then his reputation will rise, this will affect how clubs view him (and their interest in him potentially), it can also affect his relationship with other players in the squad and most importantly the player himself who might decide its time for a player of his stature to get a higher wage or move to a larger club)

• SI Staff
12 hours ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

im pretty sure if there is a tie with same amount of goals scored it goes to players who played fewer minutes?

I'm not certain which is why I think it requires additional investigation when time allows (although what you suggest would make sense to me).

Son and Salah has the same goals the season before last and they shared the award, so i don't think playtime is a tie breaker IRL, even though it appears to be in the FM game.

Pretty sure Salah played considerably more minutes (on the basis he plays 90 most games, whereas Son often gets subbed off).

Edited by passenger58