Buying injured players.

Can we please have the board not interfere when trying to transfer a player with a short-term injury, one that has no impact on his future development? Maybe the game could take into account other factors when judging this stuff, not just that he is currently injured? Like the fact that the player is 17 years old with maximum potential, valued at 3.4 millions and we had the possibility of buying him for only 1.3 millions but mainly the fact that his injury is basically meaningless! I had similar transfers rejected in the past as well, for even shorter injuries (two weeks). And sometimes that transfer is actually critical for the team and not just a future prospect like the current example. 

Screenshot_20230608_105922_FM23 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20230608_105928_FM23 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20230608_105942_FM23 Mobile.jpg

Hello?:) No input? I think this board interference thing should be adjusted slightly, maybe loosen the reins a bit, so to speak.

Another time this happened was a lot worse than the above example: we had just lost our no. 1 left fullback, I managed to find a decent replacement in time but the board rejected the transfer because he was injured for two weeks. A couple of days later the transfer window closed and that was that, I was left without a proper LB on that side for half a season (it was during the winter transfer period). We should be allowed to sign these players, these are not long-term injuries, no six months, no nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
6 hours ago, ElliottMS said:

I'm sure I've sometimes seen the option to ask the board to reconsider these things; I don't know whether that only appears at a certain reputation or board confidence maybe, not sure.

There should be an option to petition the board to let it go through in most cases - however if its early in your career at the club or you're under pressure that might not be something they'll consider (from the looks of the screenshot this has been tried and denied).

• Marc Vaughan changed the title to https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/575959-buying-injured-players/Buying injured players.
  • Marc Vaughan changed the title to Buying injured players.