Does intimidation work in FM?

Hi model citizens,

in past years I've read many biographies of different players and almost everyone of them mentioned one or two players he was always intimidated of.  Not just during the match itself, but also the day before the match. Maybe in the tunnel. During the warm-up. 

I am just wondering if something like this also works in FM. I know there are relationships between the players, there is bravery, aggression etc. But is there a possibility that some player "doesn't want" or really isn't looking forward to face a tough defender from the opposition team? 

In other words I wouldn't be looking forward to play against Stuart Pearce or Roy Keane at their days. I probably wouldn't sleep the night before and it would definitely influence my confidence/performance. 

Any ideas if there is something like this going under the hood? 

Cheers!

I think some players can be considered physically imposing. And some players dont like to be pressed or get pressured easily. I have a feeling the game takes care of that already.

I wonder if it's something learned in game or if its preset

E.g if a player is known for causing injuries during tackles, picking up reds and is physically strong. Do other players learn that as the game plays on??

Edited by Birdman10piyu

On 08/06/2023 at 12:54, sdx15 said:

There could be something like this under the hood. Now we do see that some players are "hurt" or "troubled" because an opposition player is physically stronger than them.

On 09/06/2023 at 18:05, Birdman10piyu said:

I think some players can be considered physically imposing. And some players dont like to be pressed or get pressured easily. I have a feeling the game takes care of that already.

I wonder if it's something learned in game or if its preset

E.g if a player is known for causing injuries during tackles, picking up reds and is physically strong. Do other players learn that as the game plays on??

Yes, hard tackles and pressing surely affect the players confidence in the match as you both mentioned. I am asking more about the mental side of this matter, though. Does anyone have any findings regarding this outside of physical intimidation?