Find and sign young players for the future - delegated staff members do nothing

Hello everyone, maybe it's a stupid question but does this feature even work in the current FM? No matter who is responsible for this area in terms of signing players for my reserves/U19 teams do nothing. HoYD, DoF, assistant manager, chief scout. I'm in the 7th season of the save and there were no bids or transfers completed to these teams. What am I doing wrong?

I'm currently in summer 2028 and I have two players in the Reserves squad - they are playing Dutch Reserves Group 1 but there if players from the senior squad or U19s won't be available, there will be only random "greyed" players. 

Is there some logic behind this responsibility? When DoF, HoYD or any other staff member who is delegated to do this thing will do something? Or is broken? I remember I had the same issue also in FM22 but I didn't pay attention to it and didn't care about it. But now, I'm interested in what can be wrong...

image.thumb.png.73a609a9c9f7c02bc9130bb5b081d528.png

I've not tried it for the youth team but if you set the DOF or whoever to initiate signings for the first team they often bid for young players that would go into your U19 anyway and you can always cancel the bids if you don't like the players or haven't scouted yet