Help needed with my tactics for Arsenal second season

Hi guys, this is my first time posting on this forum so I'm not really sure how all this works, but here we go! I just finished my first season with Arsenal, winning a pretty impressive double of the premier league and Europa league, especially after chasing city all the way until the final day (unlike irl :( ) and Man Utd putting the dagger into Man city for us to win it. However this was mostly done with downloaded tactics so it doesn't feel as rewarding, making my own tactics isn't really my strong suit, but after a nice transfer window and my idea of trying to turn Caicedo into a IWB I'm going give my own tactics a chance. So this is how I'm looking to set up with a modern shape of 3-2-5 in possession as you can see with the roles selected. I'm looking to dominate my opposition and press high up the pitch with a emphasis of building out from the back with a big of urgency.  

The only PIs selected are ; 

RB : Hold Position, Sit Narrower.

BBM : Get further forward.

So now playing in the Champions League I wanted to see if my tactics had any flaws in the way its set up or if it needed improving anywhere, I'm open to feedback since I'm still learning thank you. 

Screenshot(42).thumb.png.7b3540ffd318e8676b75a496edcd7c41.pngScreenshot(43).thumb.png.602b8fe844e0f7f673e824ce0745c7d1.pngScreenshot(44).thumb.png.6e72ff9129f29a2273d6aeb6c75d42a0.pngScreenshot(45).thumb.png.5ba64fd330104177eb22b720e7724a2d.png

Just quickly looking at the roles, I think you need one of your front three attacking the box directly, a Winger on Attack may to do so but I feel an IF(A) would be more beneficial

The rest look pretty good but I'm not sure on the BBM needing to get further forward when the Mezz does that  

17 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Just quickly looking at the roles, I think you need one of your front three attacking the box directly, a Winger on Attack may to do so but I feel an IF(A) would be more beneficial

The rest look pretty good but I'm not sure on the BBM needing to get further forward when the Mezz does that  

Thank you for your input, I'll definitely try playing Jesus in IF(A) role. Also my idea with the PI on the BBM was to have him push higher up into the half space since the IWB would cover, would it be bold going Mezz(S)?

16 hours ago, silentventus said:

Thank you for your input, I'll definitely try playing Jesus in IF(A) role.

No worries, give it a try :thup:

Also my idea with the PI on the BBM was to have him push higher up into the half space since the IWB would cover

As possession turns over, the IWB will go back to the left back position to defend, so he won't really help cover the middle of the pitch

would it be bold going Mezz(S)?

I think so, they have Get Further Forward instructed too, by all means give a try, watch how the roles attack and defend and see if you're happy with it  

Your set up isn't far off what I used in a test save on the demo before I bought the game with arsenal.

As it happens in that one I had Xhaka as a Mez-s on the left centre with Zinchenko behind him as IWB-s (Odegaard on the right centre as an AP-a though).

I believe Martinelli played as an IF-a in that setup for me too, though he might have been IW-a.  I didn't have any problems defensively as the DM-d covered the centre and as Johnny noted the IWB will cover the left.  I did occasionally have to adjust if it wasn't working in a particular game but generally speaking it was perfectly viable.

However, I would say that your right flank is pretty conservative and a double Mez might leave you a bit sparse in the centre of the pitch so that is something to consider.

Edited by WhyMe

2 hours ago, WhyMe said:

Your set up isn't far off what I used in a test save on the demo before I bought the game with arsenal.

As it happens in that one I had Xhaka as a Mez-s on the left centre with Zinchenko behind him as IWB-s (Odegaard on the right centre as an AP-a though).

I believe Martinelli played as an IF-a in that setup for me too, though he might have been IW-a.  I didn't have any problems defensively as the DM-d covered the centre and as Johnny noted the IWB will cover the left.  I did occasionally have to adjust if it wasn't working in a particular game but generally speaking it was perfectly viable.

However, I would say that your right flank is pretty conservative and a double Mez might leave you a bit sparse in the centre of the pitch so that is something to consider.

Yeah I will 100% give it a try in a low profile match and see how the Mezz(S) moves to see if I'm satisfied with it! So far my current tactic hasn't been bad at the start of the season, having to face Liverpool three times in a row was rough tho lmaoooo. 

11 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

No worries, give it a try :thup:

As possession turns over, the IWB will go back to the left back position to defend, so he won't really help cover the middle of the pitch

I think so, they have Get Further Forward instructed too, by all means give a try, watch how the roles attack and defend and see if you're happy with it  

Again very insightful, will take everything on board and see what results I get. I have already tried Jesus in the IF(A) and I 100% like his movement a lot more, a lot more aggressive too.