Creating a tactic that replicates the Real Life United

Anyone managed to create a decent tactic yet for this version of FM. In last years game i got the best results and most life like play from Heathxxx's version of Ronaldo MD's tactic. It was more or less exactly the way United played last year, Ronaldo scoring the majority of the goals from a wide position with great inter-play from Tevez and Rooney! Has anyone managed to create a tactic that comes close to replicating the way United play. I've tried the Queiroz tactic that you can download on the Tactics forum. It is good on the defensive side of things but it doesn't maximise the abilities of the likes of Tevez, Rooney or Ronaldo. Plus on top of that now, you add in the fact that we now have Berbatov.

The removal of the in-ward farrow is making it difficult to maximise Ronaldo's scoring qualities and the ability to get him into the forward/striker positions.

Has anyone had any success in creating a tactic that maximises the undoubted ability that United have but at the same time replicating the tactics and teamplay/set up from real life?

It's very easy to win with Man Utd in the game, that's why not a lot of people bother developing perfect tactics for them, I guess I'll try and create one for a challenge, but Tevez hasn't been playing at all recently, so Rooney + Berbatov now have the link up player.

It's very easy to win with Man Utd in the game, that's why not a lot of people bother developing perfect tactics for them, I guess I'll try and create one for a challenge, but Tevez hasn't been playing at all recently, so Rooney + Berbatov now have the link up player.

haha ********.. Thats simple wrong .... Not easy at all .. yes maybe if you load and save .. haha

haha ********.. Thats simple wrong .... Not easy at all .. yes maybe if you load and save .. haha

Not easy at all? Are you sure? Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, Anderson, Berbatov, Ferdinand... I could go on, that's frighteningly good.

no it's not when guys with long shot 10 or lower score 40 yard screamers against you... not at all

ahh, and it's not easy at all when those you mentioned (Rooney Ronaldo Tevez Anderson Berbatov) can't even hit the target from inside the box...

so it's not

I agree, trying to develop a formation and a way of playing is extremely hard no matter what team you are using. It's difficult trying to develop the right system to suit the players at your disposal no matter what the standard of the players are! And it's even harder when you are trying to replicate a real life system

I never said I couldn't win, if you read the posts it's actually developing the style of play that I'm having a problem with, results aren't everything don't want my United team to be like Liverpool of real life!!!!!

And anyway is the point of these forums not so that people that play the game can come on here and share ideas and look for help with their quiries! I might be wrong but that's what I thought they were for and I'm sorry if I'm asking for too much help

I never said I couldn't win, if you read the posts it's actually developing the style of play that I'm having a problem with, results aren't everything don't want my United team to be like Liverpool of real life!!!!!

And anyway is the point of these forums not so that people that play the game can come on here and share ideas and look for help with their quiries! I might be wrong but that's what I thought they were for and I'm sorry if I'm asking for too much help

Judging Liverpool off what you read in the paper and Match of the day :rolleyes:

Some people really need to loosen up on these forums, seriously.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but simonbyreno was making a joke when he made the comment about Liverpool, and even if it wasn't, that isn't the point of this thread.

Anyway, on topic. I've never used United in any FM game, but I'll give it a try. I'll feel dirty though(not in a sexual way ¬_¬).

JDownie, fair play for having a try. My latest attempt is very hit and miss.Some games my play is inspirational but at other times it's disgraceful. Defensively it's very strong except for the odd individual og!!!! but i've played 20 games and only conceded 5 goals. 2 were Rio Ferdinand og's!!!

I really dont think its what Motd and papers say that make liverpool out to be a dull uninspiring (but efficient unit) they may be top of the league but the 3 teams directly below them are playing the Quality football! Add Villa and hull on form to that and thats 5! I also agree that its not easy to play as united in this game!

Has anyone had any luck creating a tactic for United yet? I've gone back to the Quieroz tactic from the sticky on top of the board except with set pieces changed on it. I've been grinding out results but the performances aren't spectacular at all. Ronaldo is my best player at the moment with 20 goals in 35 games Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov all have under 10 goals a piece

Archived