Liverpool 3-2-5

I am currently trying to recreate a 3-2-5 system that klopp has used for liverpool during the run in of the season. the problem i am facing is the trent role and robertaon role. i cant get trent to play in midfield duringpossesion and fullback out of possesion. with robertson i tried staring him as a def fulccback and then taking the occasional overlap,but he is just to attacking and to wide. if i start him as a wide cb he is to def and be back 3 is shifted towards the left not robbo left, van dijk central and konate right. if any  of you have any tips i would appreciate it. /i tried trent as dm and mark opp winger but still not working. and inv wb is still not in the middle enough)

Skjermbilde 2023-06-16 135512.png

Skjermbilde 2023-06-16 135746.png

Skjermbilde 2023-06-16 135738.png

Skjermbilde 2023-06-16 135905.png

Skjermbilde 2023-06-16 140012.png

Skjermbilde 2023-06-16 140006.png

I use similiar tactic to your first picture, and I found it helps a lot if TAA is in IWB-su role, his movement is more central I would say. And then it's more like 4-3-3 in defense if you tightly mark right wingers with your LCB.

I created a near perfect replication of Liverpools current system. I am in London atm when I get back I will post it. I used a 3 man midfield with Andy Robertson as a WCB on attack VVD as BPD and Konate as WCB on defend. One tier in front and on the right I had TAA as IWB on attack. 

Since Klopp gets the two centre mids to support the flanks in every transition both defensive and offensive, I played them as Mezzalas(I think). I had Mo playing as a Winger and because he has cuts inside this means that he can go wide or come inside this stretches the pitch and allows TAA more space to dictate the game. 

Cody can be played as a CF on support, it was that role or F9, TQ, but I thought CF was best.

I will try and post more details when I leave London later.

At a slight tangent, but I can see Klopp morphing this to something like this… (ignore the players - it’s a rough experiment I’ve been trying in FM21 Touch.)

IMG_0272.jpeg

Edited by alinp