Improvement to how the director of football works and how it can be integrated to the squad planner

DarJ

Transfers is one part of the game I don't enjoy as much and the reason I play FM is for the tactical aspect so I would rather leave transfers to the AI. However, if you have ever done this you know that they make some questionable transfers like maybe signing when you don't need one or selling players and not replacing them.

My big idea to improve this is when we go into the squad planner for the first time, there should be a pop up menu to ask the player how many players we want per position and we should be given the option of 2 players per position to 4 players or maybe 5:

2 players per position = 1 first team player and 1 squad player (the age of the players doesn't matter, just their quality)

3 players per position = 1 firs team player, 1 squad player and 1 young player (young players will have to be 19 and under)

4 players per position = 1 firs team player, 1 squad player and 2 young player

Once we have picked how many players per position we want, we will then have to fill the spots with the players they have at the club so for example if I have picked 4 players per position and there are spots missing my DOF can then go and look for players to fill in those spots or if he decides to sell a first team player, he has to sign another first team player to replace him.

The first team player, squad player and young player in the squad planner will have nothing to do with the squad status you give to a player in his contract, it's just a way of arranging your team for you

The system should generally work the way I described above but it doesn't necessarily have to be that straight forward so it's not too predictable for example if the DOF sold the first team GK he would try to sign a new one but there is no guarantee that he would be able to do that because we might not have enough money to attract another GK of similar quality or the GKs he go for will all go to other teams for whatever reason and I will have to go into the season without a first team GK and come January that could become a priority for him. Another scenario is if the scouts find a young player that is better than what we have at the club an email can come in from the DOF saying that he is going to try and sign that young player and loan out the player we have at the club.

I think this will be a better way to make use of the DOF and stop the cray things the AI do when you leave transfers to them and of course we could still use other tools that are already in the game like suggesting him players to sign or sell etc.

• 1 month later...