Promoted and relegated teams do not match up just after changing number of relegated/promoted teams

henri.melo00

Hi,

I'm currently creating an alternative football pyramid for my country, to see if my ideal view of how the football should be on the country working in the game.

However, I'm stuck on a stupid error that doesn't make sense. Initially, I thought that 2 relegations places for the first level was okay and made it work for promotion and relegation between first division and second, however, I decided to change those numbers and now I'm receiving this error.

Semttulo.png.972489ac7245e38565a8726438a8e8cd.png

I just changed, correctly, the number of teams going up in the fate actions of the round of the division and also updated the number of relegated teams. If I change the relegated teams to 4 instead of 8, the editor verifies my file, but with the right setup it doesn't. How can I surpass this error?

Brasil Alternativo - Henrique M..fmf

4 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Try filling in the promotion rules section, like this:

20230620140830_1.thumb.jpg.e887783924ec255ec0ca091e4bdc14f2.jpg

That's saying it has 0 promotion places for this stage, but 8 in total.

If I fill this page, the next stage, where the promotions and championship are decided in a knockout stage, the editor says to me that knockout stage can't gather enough teams to start. My promotions are setup on the fate actions of the stage 1 (cup).

If I left 4 relegated from the championship above it verifies, if I change to 8, it verifies. Only after I changed the promoted teams from quarter finals winners (4 promoted) to eighth final winners (8 promoted), it doesn't work.

Edited by henri.melo00

So, I kept fiddling and by @rusty217 advice on the promotion rules, I was able to find a solution. Thanks, man.

Semttulo1.thumb.png.306a44006d304dbe5d8a26a1554e00a9.png

EDIT: After continuing adding levels to the pyramid, I discovered that the "Minimum Overall Promotion Places for Parent Comp" doesn't need to be ticked for it to work. Just adding 0 promotion places to the group stage is enough.

Edited by henri.melo00