Issue with Player ID/Retro Facepack (Players with incorrrect faces)

Rui_FM

Hello all,

I have come here as a last resolution to ask for help as I am having an unusual issue when trying to play the 98-99 database made by the TheMadScientistFM. I have had talks with him regarding this issue I'm encountering and he is as bewildered as me. Same goes for JoMo, who was in charge of making the retro facepacks.

i am creating a new game as normal and selecting the fmf file (which you need for the DB to work) and load some active leagues. The error comes when I get into the actual game... the facepack is not aligning to the game as it should be. For example, Lilian Thuram has the wrong face (attached). This is just one example, as I would say more than 50% of players have the wrong faces applied. I cross-checked the config.xml file in the facepack and found that the player IDs are different for many many players and staff, hence they get different faces in game. Weird thing is that this is just happening to me, so presumably my IDs are changing for no reason when I start a new game but everyone else is fine?

I have already fresh reinstalled the game and retried to no different outcome. Yes, I have cleared my cache and reloaded skin. I've tried unloading my current skin to see if that was the problem already. My graphics folders are all in the right place and correct. I would appreciate any help possible as I've tried everything I and the people involved in creating this mode could think of.

I have made recordings of my screen when setting up a new game, selecting the fmf file needed for the retro database to work and loading the leagues in so I can provide these if needed to show that there is nothing wrong in what I am doing on my end.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 11.53.56.png

14 minutes ago, Rui_FM said:

Hello all,

I have come here as a last resolution to ask for help as I am having an unusual issue when trying to play the 98-99 database made by the TheMadScientistFM. I have had talks with him regarding this issue I'm encountering and he is as bewildered as me. Same goes for JoMo, who was in charge of making the retro facepacks.

i am creating a new game as normal and selecting the fmf file (which you need for the DB to work) and load some active leagues. The error comes when I get into the actual game... the facepack is not aligning to the game as it should be. For example, Lilian Thuram has the wrong face (attached). This is just one example, as I would say more than 50% of players have the wrong faces applied. I cross-checked the config.xml file in the facepack and found that the player IDs are different for many many players and staff, hence they get different faces in game. Weird thing is that this is just happening to me, so presumably my IDs are changing for no reason when I start a new game but everyone else is fine?

I have already fresh reinstalled the game and retried to no different outcome. Yes, I have cleared my cache and reloaded skin. I've tried unloading my current skin to see if that was the problem already. My graphics folders are all in the right place and correct. I would appreciate any help possible as I've tried everything I and the people involved in creating this mode could think of.

I have made recordings of my screen when setting up a new game, selecting the fmf file needed for the retro database to work and loading the leagues in so I can provide these if needed to show that there is nothing wrong in what I am doing on my end.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 11.53.56.png

It is not a skinning issue per say, as i'm sure the player id's are set in the database and the only thing you can do it adjust the config file.

why the id's change for you when making a new save is hard to say, but as it's probably a DB thing again i would ask if you have been in the Editors hideout and ask there ?

5 minutes ago, snowofman said:

It is not a skinning issue per say, as i'm sure the player id's are set in the database and the only thing you can do it adjust the config file.

why the id's change for you when making a new save is hard to say, but as it's probably a DB thing again i would ask if you have been in the Editors hideout and ask there ?

I will post there and see what they have to say. Cheers!

On 23/06/2023 at 09:26, Jamie Aubrey said:

Only thing I can think of is if your adding other database files those can conflict, you would need to only load the one file or you can try loading one of the save files and see if the issue still occurs 

So I have tried loading it in with and without the real name fix (only other database files I have that could be disrupting it) and there is no difference, the issue still occurs.