Percentage of profit from next sale annoyance

One of my biggest frustrations of recent versions of fm is the additional clause of percentage of profit from next sale when trying to suggest a fee for a player. I have no problem with it and I get why it's there, it's just the fact that when you suggest a fee to the club, in some instances you can't offer more up front fee and remove it as it 'greys' out the option which is highly frustrating, so you are stuck with it.

1 hour ago, Iggy Hassan said:

One of my biggest frustrations of recent versions of fm is the additional clause of percentage of profit from next sale when trying to suggest a fee for a player. I have no problem with it and I get why it's there, it's just the fact that when you suggest a fee to the club, in some instances you can't offer more up front fee and remove it as it 'greys' out the option which is highly frustrating, so you are stuck with it.

Before you make the offer, add it as a clause then click the little sign next to it and click 'Remove and exclude from Negotation'. They won't be able to counter offer with this now, but it may make them add more to the fee. When I am buying Youngsters I always remove the future fees like this

7 hours ago, Verby said:

Before you make the offer, add it as a clause then click the little sign next to it and click 'Remove and exclude from Negotation'. They won't be able to counter offer with this now, but it may make them add more to the fee. When I am buying Youngsters I always remove the future fees like this

This works but not exactly realistic is it, i think its the clubs right to counter with this non negotible clause especially for a young player, theres no restictions to the user countering with what ever offer is received for there players.

15 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

This works but not exactly realistic is it, i think its the clubs right to counter with this non negotible clause especially for a young player, theres no restictions to the user countering with what ever offer is received for there players.

Because every AI club locking in a 40% Profit from next sale clause for any promising youngster on your FIRST approach, with no room for negotiation is totally realistic :rolleyes:

Edited by Verby

On 24/06/2023 at 15:52, Verby said:

I didn't know that, thanks. But it's **** when you have to use things like that. Not realistic at all, just an AI loophole.