Adding teams qualified from a minor national cup to another major national cup

Dygon

Hi!

I have created a custom database with one of the extinct nations (Upper Volta). I have done almost everything, League A (32 teams divided into two groups), League B (16 teams), League C (16 teams), but I am having trouble with the national cups.

I have created two cups, one called Elite Cup, where the top 8 teams from League A qualify directly based on positions 0 to 3 (considering the division of the two groups). The teams placed from 4 to 15 (24 teams) in League A qualify for Stage 1 of the Junior Cup.

All the teams from League B (16) and C (16) qualify for Stage 0 of the Junior Cup.

Basically, I need to create a rule that allows transferring the 8 teams from the Junior Cup to play against the 8 teams already qualified in the Elite Cup, to form a knockout tournament with 16 teams.

I have tried everything, but unfortunately, I always get the error "New stage 0 for Elite Cup can't find enough teams to be created, 8 teams found, 16 needed"

Does anyone know how to correctly set up the rule to identify the 8 teams coming from the Junior Cup in the "Teams" section? :confused:

Edited by Dygon

You want the second stage (for example) of the Elite Cup to include the Junior Cup teams? Fate actions in the Junior cup should work to qualify them for a specific stage in the Elite Cup, and then under "teams" in the second stage of the Elite Cup you could add the teams who have "qualified for stage" and specify the tournament they're coming from (and which stage, and which stage they're qualifying for). You can post your file or tell us what settings you've got there and we can figure it out

Il 27/6/2023 in 19:23 , themodelcitizen ha scritto:

You want the second stage (for example) of the Elite Cup to include the Junior Cup teams? Fate actions in the Junior cup should work to qualify them for a specific stage in the Elite Cup, and then under "teams" in the second stage of the Elite Cup you could add the teams who have "qualified for stage" and specify the tournament they're coming from (and which stage, and which stage they're qualifying for). You can post your file or tell us what settings you've got there and we can figure it out

I made some changes, and now the Junior Cup has only "Stage 0" with 7 rounds.

First Round: 32 teams from League B and C -> 16 teams advance to the second round.

Second Round: The 16 teams become 8 -> they advance to the third round.

THIRD ROUND: Here, the teams from League A ranked 5th to 16th in the two groups (24 teams) should enter, along with the 8 teams from the second round -> 16 teams advance to the fourth round.

Now, I need the 16 winners of this third round to not only progress in the Junior Cup but also qualify for the first round (called Play-In) in the Elite Cup.

So, I have included this action:

FATE ACTIONS
Qualify Team For Stage
Round Name: Third Round
Team: Winning Team
Competition: Elite Cup
Next Stage - Stage Index: 0
Main Stage Name: Play-In

The Elite Cup does not recognize the advancement of these 16 teams from the Junior Cup :idiot:

I have tried adding this action:
+ STAGE 0
- Teams
Get Qualified Teams From Stage
Competition: Junior Cup
Stage: 0
Main Stage Name: Play-In

However, I'm getting this error: New Stage for the Elite Cup can't find enough teams to be created. 8 teams found, 24 needed.

I have also tried "Get Qualified Team for Comp" and "Get Cup Round Teams," but I keep getting an error: Cannot find stage at index 0 in the Elite Cup to insert the team into (from the Junior Cup).

Do you have any suggestions? :confused:

Edited by Dygon

Is the setup date of the new competition taking place after teams have qualified? Also, looks like they're qualifying from stage 0 as well, but with that "play-in" entry under "get qualified teams from stage" (in the elite cup) may be confusing things, I think that's supposed to be the stage you're getting teams from. You should be able to leave it blank with all that other info filled out

It's most likely a date issue. Competitions will always try to setup ASAP. Your elite cup is trying to setup before the third round of your junior cup has been played, so the teams haven't yet qualified and it therefore fails.

Under Stage 0 for the Elite Cup go to the Requirements page and add an entry there. Competition = Junior Cup, Stage = 0, Sub Stage Name = Third Round.

That should tell the elite cup to not setup until the junior cup's third round has finished. At that point the teams will have already been given the qualification and it should find them.

• 5 months later...

@themodelcitizen @Gum

Hello and Merry Christmas!

I have a request for you. Since you have worked extensively on the USA database, is it possible to use the MLS "draft" system in a different league? I would like to implement this feature in my custom database, with academies/universities generating regens. In this setup, professional teams would take turns using draft picks. Alternatively, I am considering including all players released by clubs in a draft round, allowing teams to select the top 10-15 free agents.