The game could not be saved - PC Game Pass Console

Hello there. I have been trying to play the game on the PC with the Xbox game pass console edition and I am getting an error where it says that " this game could not be saved" when I try to save it.  If I exit the game and try to start up the league I get the "unable to load game" error.

I tried to erase all of my other saves so that my cloud wasn't full. Still getting this "the game could not be saved " error. 

I tried reinstalling the Xbox app and the gamepass app and still nothing.

I see a couple weeks ago there was a patch made for the PS 5 version of the game and it looked like it was for something similar to the problem I am having here except mine is happening with the Xbox version on PC.  Is there anything we can do to fix this?

Thank you for your help

Edited by Staco
added something

• 4 weeks later...

I've the same issue with FM Xbox Edition 22 . Playing on PC with Xbox application.

I'll get an an error saying I cannot save the game whenever I try to save. I've tried to reinstall and start a new save but after a few ingame months I get the same error again. I'm also unable to find the saved games on the computer. I assume they're in the cloud? Any ideas on how to fix this gamebreaking issue?

Edited by Shaelor

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hello, this is a known issue we're currently investigating. 

For now, we'd recommend turning off autosave and switching to a ‘Single Save File’ option.

We apologise for this inconvenience.