League Games still played despite half team missing due to International call-ups -Finnish League

I'm playing in Finland as AC Oulu and this is the second time I am missing over half of my team due to International call ups. I have no choice whether to postpone games so I am playing basically my youth team. Why isn't there an option to postpone due to the amount of International call-ups? Is this normal or what? 

6 hours ago, YankeeRam said:

I'm playing in Finland as AC Oulu and this is the second time I am missing over half of my team due to International call ups. I have no choice whether to postpone games so I am playing basically my youth team. Why isn't there an option to postpone due to the amount of International call-ups? Is this normal or what? 

Presumably the Finnish league isn't setup to respect international team breaks or another competition which results in scheduling conflicts that moves domestic league games into int breaks. This is increasingly common the lower reputation league you're in because irl the player quality isn't at a point where Champions League and international tournaments would rob them of a bunch of players. Like how League 2 and below in England played during the World Cup IIRC. 

Unfortunately there's not a whole lot you can do about it having already started the save. You could try to go into network settings and setting scheduling to wednesday/saturday and find more luck with that, but it could just as well make it worse. 

• Administrators

Can we ask if you are using a custom database?

Also, can you please create a post using the link below and provide your save file so we can take a closer look, thank you.

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-bugs-tracker/league-specific-issues/finland-official-league-specific-issues/

1 hour ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hey I'm trying to better learn the editor so please correct me if I've misinterpreted, but is the implication here that a custom database would be the issue? Because the Finnish league by default is a low priority league set to only check for conflicts with domestic competition, though with match dates to avoid coinciding with WC and EC qualification, as well as Nations League. That means the Euros/World Cup and the league will still take place at the same time. With a very short season (April-October) and no summer break it's practically inevitable. The option for "Should Play On International Match Days" is even checked. 

Would a custom db not be the solution in this case, rather than the issue? 

Edited by trviggo

8 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Also, can you please create a post using the link below and provide your save file so we can take a closer look, thank you.

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2023-bugs-tracker/league-specific-issues/finland-official-league-specific-issues/

I did add my son into the game as he really wanted to be in at the start but I am now 5 seasons in. I have also uploaded the file to the correct forum. 

Edited by YankeeRam