4-2-3-1 Help...

Currently trying to get a 4-2-3-1 DM formation working, but can't seem to get anything to click.. We're either very passive or very clinical, and there is no consistency. Had a little tinker and I wanted to try this out, but is there any glaring holes in the tactic that anyone can point out? Or any role / TI changes that would be good to use with this formation?

Any feedback would be appreciated, as I'm sick of using my old faithful 4-3-3 and this formation suits my squad best 

Tactic.png

Looks good to me, similar to something I'd use

A couple of things you could tinker with:

• Vol(A) to Vol(S) , you've got 4 attacking players so throwing the VOL in there might be clogging up play with too many bodies forward 
  • Higher Tempo, something to play with, high tempo can bring lower quality chances as players will be making quick decisions on the ball. Positive comes with a higher team tempo so you could raise and lower it during the matches  

But yeah, nothing really screams out 

I haven't posted in here in a long time but thought this 4-2-3-1 looked very similar in the planning than the tactic I've been using on a very successful West Ham save so thought I could just pop that in here for reference. Only player instructions are that the Fbs and wingers have "cross aim centre" and the Volante has shoot less. It's worked very well for me for a number of seasons.

Wham.JPG

In my experience, slightly higher tempo with positive mentality leads to slightly more counter-attacks, because players are moving the ball quickly and they're trying to move it forward. Adding 'counter' to these instructions might push it too much and lead to rushed decisions. Try to tick and untick that to see the difference, at least in the games where teams are even or you're favourites in.