New concaf formats?

9 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Any rule changes for competitions that are fully confirmed will usually be added at the next major data update after confirmation.

Okay thank you. Is fM23 going to have any more updates or wait tilll next game?

2 hours ago, FrazT said:

Any rule changes for competitions that are fully confirmed will usually be added at the next major data update after confirmation.

Not true. I'd say this is full confirmation https://www.concacaf.com/en/champions-league/news/concacaf-announces-qualification-criteria-for-confederation-s-expanded-champions-league-starting-in-2024/

That was June 2022, FM23 released November 2022 and has had multiple updates since then, but still uses a format that was cancelled in 2021 and never actually used.

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/07/2023 at 02:24, FrazT said:

I wasn't talking about specifics only in general.  If this is the case, I assume that someone will have raised it in the relevant Bugs forum for SI to check it.

We did.

They basically said it was too big to fix this year, which, well you can draw your own conclusions about that.

They've also declined to promise that it will be fixed for FM 24, which did not inspire a ton of confidence in me.

I mean, on one hand I get it. I know CONCACAF isn't what sells copies of this game, but it is kind of a bummer when you pull back the cover on the World's Most Immersive Football Game and find stuff like that. I mean, the MLS schedule doesn't even generate correctly after 2022. You get one accurate season.

That said, I suspect Messi's arrival in that league will bring some attention to it from the devs. Or at least I hope so.