How to fix an XML error ?

MelvinMat

Got one after I tried to install a skin. 

Révélation

Kojuro Skin v5.5

Deleted cache, preferences, the document folder and reinstalled the game which did not help.

This problem also happens with the basic skin when I reload the theme to load logo and kits.

I can't play it anymore. So if you have any ideas or solutions to offer, I'd be grateful.

Screenshots of the error which occured "en masse" here : 

Capture d’écran (3).png

Capture d’écran.png

5 minutes ago, MelvinMat said:

Got one after I tried to install a skin. 

Reveal hidden contents

Kojuro Skin v5.5

Deleted cache, preferences, the document folder and reinstalled the game which did not help.

This problem also happens with the basic skin when I reload the theme to load logo and kits.

I can't play it anymore. So if you have any ideas or solutions to offer, I'd be grateful.

Screenshots of the error which occured "en masse" here : 

Capture d’écran (3).png

Capture d’écran.png

Doubt there is much we can do here in the Skinning hideout for you as it's not a skin issue.

But try this anyway, as it often solves alot of things.

remove all pack from the game(faces, logo etc), so you only have the base game. reinstall if needed as it might be a pack issue. but give this a try

https://www.passion4fm.com/football-manager-troubleshooting-delete-cache-preferences/

Hi, thank you for trying to help so quickly.

I had already followed this guide and I've just redone it with an empty "document" folder. The problem repeats itself even with the basic skin when I try to reload it.
There are lots of error pop-ups like those posted above.

Révélation

Always "XML parsing error! no element found at line 1 of [...]" type of error

The first time it happened was yesterday, I had changed the skin on one of my saves, and since then I really can't play anymore.

Edited by MelvinMat

Hi, thank you for trying to help so quickly.

I had already followed this guide and I've just redone it with an empty "document" folder. The problem repeats itself even with the basic skin when I try to reload it.
There are lots of error pop-ups like those posted above.

Reveal hidden contents

Always "XML parsing error! no element found at line 1 of [...]" type of error

The first time it happened was yesterday, I had changed the skin on one of my saves, and since then I really can't play anymore.

Sad that it didnt help, all i can say from here is remove skin,faces, logo's badges everything that didnt come by default with the game

then try and reinstall it and start the game in it's default form, then you can add one thing at a time until you find whats giving you the error. then just dont use that thing.

else try and look in this thread, maybe they had a solution, or use the search and see if there are other similar posts

last option is to ask in the bug forum sadly

Hi, I return to you after it seems i've resolve the problem. 

I reinstalled the game and added the graphics and mods one by one. There's no problem with skins, tactics/set pieces or even logos or kits, but with some editor files that I subscribed to on steam workshop. 

Now I have to figure out which one is causing the error, that's the "fun part" lol.

I wouldn't have thought of it myself, thanks for your help and the topic you mentioned in your message. ;)

Hi, I return to you after it seems i've resolve the problem. 

I reinstalled the game and added the graphics and mods one by one. There's no problem with skins, tactics/set pieces or even logos or kits, but with some editor files that I subscribed to on steam workshop. 

Now I have to figure out which one is causing the error, that's the "fun part" lol.

I wouldn't have thought of it myself, thanks for your help and the topic you mentioned in your message. ;)

you're welcome and glad you got the game to run and have almost found the broken piece

Had this recently too after no issues since game release. Had not  changed skins, ended up being an issue with one of the editor files I downloaded. Narrowed it down to ten files I downloaded in the week before starting a new save. Removed those and it is working well since. It was not skin or graphics related. 

NB - I think it was a Premier League Pre-Season tournament, I know there are several. One seemed to not generate fixtures correctly i.e. six clubs in a league, teams playing one club three or four times instead of each team once. That is the one I suspect had caused the issue, not necessarily because of the fixture scheduling itself but something was off with it. 

Edited by joe5p