You ever signed a player that was way too good for your club?

Has anyone managed to pull this off recently? I am asking because I have a young Chelsea Left back that is with me on Loan at Hemel Hempstead until the end of the season, he's unreal, 19 years old, and a leading Championship player while we are in League 2. I can only dream of getting these players on perm deals here

• 4 weeks later...

Never forgotten it even now, 20 years on - got a tycoon takeover as Woking on CM01/02, persuaded (via his bank account) Laurent Blanc to join me in League 2, 6 years on from winning the '98 World Cup :D

12 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Never forgotten it even now, 20 years on - got a tycoon takeover as Woking on CM01/02, persuaded (via his bank account) Laurent Blanc to join me in League 2, 6 years on from winning the '98 World Cup :D

Thats crazy good.

The best for me is Aubemayang 36 years young. Scoring only 11 goals but the last goal was a winning one in the cup final. 

Olimpia SatuMare in Romania.

One of my favourite, 'Too good for your club' players was about 15 years ago. I was managing Scottish club Inverness and I was about 2 seasons in, in the Scottish championships (second division). I was doing well and the opportunity came up to manage Ghana International team. I got the job and co-managed them.

Anyway my first game came up and I called up Kevin Prince-Boateng for his first cap who was near the end of his contract with Portsmouth in the Premier league. He scored a hat-trick in his first game and I was instantly in his favoured people list.

Off the back of it, I managed to persuade him to sign for Inverness when his contract ran out and scraped together all the funds I had to pay his wages which nearly skint me. He was an absolute revelation from AMC and scored a boat load. 

Edited by Iggy Hassan