[FM23+] - UK & Ireland Tour Job 2: AFC Rushden & Diamonds

acidmonkey

ok im revisiting something i did in FM13 😲 christ that was a long time ago! 
*EDIT* I've changed the idea from a One club Durham save to a British Journeyman save ill probably stick to England and Scotland though as my FM24 plan is a world journeyman so it was originally based on the below:

So i wont go into the overview again but the club has fallen on much harder times including falling into the Wearside league, (step 11) and in real leave they finished bottom with a negative 3 figure goal difference as they've bounced around multiple grounds and mainly fielded kids

so ive given them a new logo and kits and i should be able to turn this around again

spacer.png

Season   Team                    Division                                          Pos   FA Cup                    Other
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23  Durham City             Wearside League Division One                       1st   N/A                       
2023/24  Durham City             Northern League Division Two                       4th   N/A                       
2024/25  Durham City             Northern League Division Two                       2nd   N/A                       Ernest Armstrong Memorial Cup Winners
2025/26  Durham City             Northern League Division Two                       1st   N/A                       FA Vase Winners, Ernest Armstrong Memorial Cup Winners
2026/27  Durham City             Northern League Division One                       1st   N/A                       *Left with 2 games to go
2026/27  Rushden & Diamonds      Northern Premier League Division One Midlands      1st   N/A                       *Joined with 2 games to go
2027/28  Rushden & Diamonds      Northern Premier League Division One Midlands      2nd   3Rnd        
2028/29  Rushden & Diamonds      Northern Premier League Division One Midlands      2nd   1Rnd    
2029/30  Rushden & Diamonds      Northern Premier League Division One Midlands      N/A   N/A            

Edited by acidmonkey
Update

First half of 2022/23

vmEc8Nk.png

Summer

It was a very busy summer as we started with only two players and no staff, so first job was to address the issue of no staff and to build a squad capable of getting us out of the wearside league, so the first arrival was Ibby HAssan who joined as both a right back but also as my assistant manager, also joining him would be goalkeeper Dixon who will be first choice, midfielders Cranston & Sharpe + striker Finn

Y2kGfOY.jpgIfDIaa2.jpgIy1GFIH.jpg1KMHFhR.jpgaZNGclB.jpg

With the squad built we have to move into the season

September
Some how we managed a 100% record as Sharpe & Finn ran riot in august, as we picked up wins over Durham Utd (3-2) on the opening day  with further win over Farringdon detached before the big one the league favorites Shildon Reserves i was hoping for a draw but ended up smashing them 6-0 at home with Finn grabbing a hat-trick!.
we rounded the month out on the road by beating Silksworth Colliery Welfare(2-1) & Shotton Colliery(3-1)

October
Into October we were on a good run but complacency slipped in as we struggled at home to Norton & Stockton Ancients ending snatching a point from the spot through Finn. a crazy game against Gateshead Leam rangers were we came out 5-4 winners shows issues with our defending, another draw on the road, this time away to Richmond Town(1-1) still didnt knock us off top spot before we bounced back with a 5-3 win over Darlington R.A.

November
November saw us take on teams further down the table and winger Jay Wilson was the match winner twice as we beat Annfield Plain at home and FC Hartlepool away, the month rounded out with another two wins for 100% record as we beat South Moor away(1-0), and another crazy game with a 5-4 win at home to Darlington Town.

December
coming into the midpoint of the season we again put five past Wolviston but conceeded another 2 as we started to struggle defensively without dixon who picked up a knock, another narrow win with Corness grabbing a late winner in a 4-3 win. we got to the halfway stage as we eased to a 3-1 win over Durham Corinthians with winger Jay Wilson again on form. we Finished off december though by comfortably beating Durham Utd who are trying to stay out of the drop zone two first half goals were enough 

XnEEYg9.png

1 hour ago, acidmonkey said:

i should be able to turn this around again

Good stuff - I had an enjoyable save with Durham two or three years ago. But there was a database problem and our third promotion saw us move into a league where we were playing away games in Devon, Cornwall, and in Kent - the travelling expenses destroyed our finances. Hopefully, your database will work better.

I was born in Durham but, as you might guess from my avatar, spent most of my mis-spent youth around Darlington. I'll be following with interest and wish you the best of luck :thup:

17 hours ago, warlock said:

Good stuff - I had an enjoyable save with Durham two or three years ago. But there was a database problem and our third promotion saw us move into a league where we were playing away games in Devon, Cornwall, and in Kent - the travelling expenses destroyed our finances. Hopefully, your database will work better.

I was born in Durham but, as you might guess from my avatar, spent most of my mis-spent youth around Darlington. I'll be following with interest and wish you the best of luck :thup:

Cheers I'm hoping the DB is ok otherwise I've no idea what ill do save wise, I'm only on this save due to the fact i got bored of my Sunderland save this year.

Born in Sunderland but live in Durham now so figured id go local :) 

Second half review 2023/24 (Wearside League Division One

January
Into the new year we went on a high with a comfortable 13 point lead at the top of the table, and the goals continued to fly in at both ends as we won back to back home games against Farringdon Detached(4-1) and Silksworth Colliery Welfare (7-4) the game against Silksworth saw Brandon Finn notch 6 goals breaking a club record in the process, ending january with two tough away games and we fell at the first hurdle as Shildon Reserves comfortably beat us 3-1 with only a Wych goal before half time getting us on the board. but we bounce back with a win over Norton & Stockton Ancients (2-1)

February
February we picked up where we left off with 3 straight wins against Shotton Colliery(4-2) with Jay Wilson being the stand out performer a 6-1 win over Gateshead Leam Rangers which included a 3 minute hatrick for Matty Corness who scored in the 9th minute twice! before an 11th minute penalty, we then beat Darlington RA(4-1) a shock 2-0 defeat to Richmond allowed Darlington Town to make up ground as they continued their run of 15 straight wins!
boylywD.png

March
March we picked up the wins up in the highs of county Durham as two trips to the Stanley area resulted in a 4-1 win over South Moor with Finn notching a hat-trick and a 5-1 win over Annfield plain again with Finn bagging 2, he added a further 2 against FC Hartlepool as we led up to what could end up being the title decider against Darlington Town a win for Town would leave them 1 point behind with 3 games to go oh and this appeared in the new:
GApVbLG.png

April
April the final month of the season started with the big one against Darlo Town, where we found ourselves 3 down within 35 mins which was a shocking start from us we could have put enough daylight between us to ease to the title but no we had to do things the hard way as we nearly came back from 3 down as Sharpe & Bayram got 2 back only for Finn to drift offside when he put the ball in the net in the 89th minute for it to be ruled out. 
With that we knew we had to go for 3 wins from 3 in the run in away to Windscale we put 4 in as Finn grabbed another 2 to take him to 33 this season, Home ties against Wolviston (6-1) again with Finn notching his 34th meant we went into the final game of the season against Durham Corinthians a point ahead of Darlington Town with it in our hands...
Finn made sure it was Durham City who lifted the Wearside League First division title!
nsAx69l.png

So the final 2023/24 Table sees Durham City claim the Wearside league title!
ZhjSIiU.png

1b4NmsM.jpg

So over the summer we turned Semi-Pro but had little money and saw the departure of 9 players and a combined 140 league apps over them, coupled with two retirements to my first choice full backs season two is going to be a struggle the incomings we had were

Alfie Best
Following his release from Hartlepool Best signs on a free to be the clubs first choice right back  

YtkPpyK.jpg

Durell Manhertz
Manhertz joins from Port Vale to be the new left back its a considerable downgrade of the left back spot
nK1Bhuj.jpg

Archie Day
Archie Day is another arrival on a free from Rotherham following his release again hopefully will be able to step up
hBWi5RO.jpg

George Pedley
Goalkeeper signing from isle of man to replace the departing Dixon
MlnEtfd.jpg

So the squads weaker and im in a higher division

im fecked!

I don't think there's much if any quality difference from Tier 7 and down - life gets interesting when you hit the VNN/VNS. Then getting into, and out of, the Vanarama National is tough. After that, it's often straightforward until the Championship.

I've always thought the VNL and the Championship are the two hardest leagues to get out of... at the right end; it's easy to take the elevator down :D

aye i rememeber it always being get in some fast and strong players and you rise to the VNL also 9/10 the youth players should do that job tempted to even throw in loads of 16yr olds later in the season if it dies off as ive got them and they're free 🤣

• acidmonkey changed the title to [FM23+] - Dont bash the bishops.....again

Northern League Division Two (2023/24)
ZnLcwBF.png

August
So after going semi-pro losing half the squad and essentially downgrading players I wasn't confident going into the new season, and we opened the season at home to Esh winning we struggled to get into the game but held our own, in the end we came away with all three points after Drury headed home a free kick to get the new season off to a flyer, the rest of august continued the same way with Finn continuing to find the back of the net on a regular basis finishing the month with 6 goals as we won at home to Pickering Town (2-1) and won away trips to Boldon CA(4-1) & Newcastle uni(2-1) the month ended with a draw at home to Chester-le-street Town(3-3) despite going three up early on.

September
A busy September as we have four away trips but we started the month with a win at home to Washington (5-2) again with Finn being the hero notching four times. a trip to Sunderland West End resulted in a 5-3 win with Finn notching another 4 goals we've stepped up to the higher division with a great early bit of form, a break with the Brooks Mileson Memorial League Cup First round trip to Boro Rangers saw us progress thanks to an early goal from that man Finn again! although Finn limped off and will miss the next two and it showed as we failed to score in a draw with Brandon Utd (0-0) and defeat to Newcastle Blue Star (0-3) before we slipped to defeat at home to Billingham Town (1-3) but at least Finn was back to fitness notching on his return.

October
October was another busy month as we played a further 6 league games, we thankfully got back to winning ways over Birtley Town at home as we ran out 5-0 winners although Finn only notched once, he notched again away at Redcar Town as picked up a point before getting a further 2 in a win over Thirsk Falcons (4-1), and a hat-trick at home to Cleator Moor Celtic as we won easily(4-2). a trip to Crook Town nearly resulted in a draw as three times we went ahead but we were pulled back twice and bar a goal line clearance we hung on for 3 points. another low scoring affair against Boro Rangers as we drew 1-1.

November
As we motored on towards the end of the year, November saw two wins and two defeats as we lost in the league cup comfortable (1-4) just not at the races and deserved to lose. we bounced back with a win over Bedlington Terriers (3-1) but again fell to defeat this time away at Jarrow (0-1) we just cant seem to win back to back games at the minute as we again eased to victory this time at home to Easington Colliery (5-2) to round out the month as Finn still managed 5 goals in the 4 games

December
December continued the flip flopping as youngster Watts late goal was to little too late away at Willington (1-3). A trip to Esh Winning saw us race into a 3-0 lead before the hour and that's how it stayed as we claimed a solid 3 points we took another break this time for the Ernest Armstrong Memorial cup which is a trophy for only Northern League Division 2 clubs I believe. where we hosted Brandon Utd, Despite an early goal we still found ourselves trailing by the half hour mark and things just got worse from there as were eliminated from the cup 5-2, we bounced back with a win over Boldon CA which gets us to the top of the table we followed it up by beating Pickering Town (3-1) & Newcastle Uni (4-2)

HeJrnfE.png

This guy is single handed  getting us points he's going to end up difficult to keep hold of if we dont keep progressing.
5Hp0LfV.jpg

10 hours ago, warlock said:

Looking good so far. Keep it up :thup:

cheers nearing the end of the season which ill sort tonight after work 

9 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Strong start there mate. :thup:

ta, its not going aswell now because everyone keeps stealing my best players me when ever scouts show up:
image.gif.47c798e6b7009c80276af42b6e69acfb.gif

34 minutes ago, acidmonkey said:

everyone keeps stealing my best players

Yes, that is part of the challenge down in the non-league leagues. Console yourself with the thought that there are hundreds of better players out there who will cost you nothing. Finding them is the other part of the challenge :)

47 minutes ago, warlock said:

Yes, that is part of the challenge down in the non-league leagues. Console yourself with the thought that there are hundreds of better players out there who will cost you nothing. Finding them is the other part of the challenge :)

oh i know all part of the fun but doesnt make it any less frustrating 🤣

Northern League Division Two 2023/24 

ZnLcwBF.png

January
So after a really good first half of the season that saw us go top of the table heading into the new year i had high hopes to continue that form and kick on. but it all came crashing down around us as we suddenly seemed incapable of defending! we opened the new year with a narrow defeat away at Chester-le-street as we found ourselves 2 down within 40mins we did rally enough to pull one back but we couldn't find a second. we followed that up with Draws at home to Brandon Utd (1-1) which we relied on a 86th minute penalty for a point as we didn't look like scoring any other way, and a draw with Boro Rangers (2-2) where all four goals were scored within 5 minutes! we finished the month losing to Washington despite going 2 goals up!

February
I thought following Jan things couldn't get any worse and i thought the tide had turned as we beat Sunderland West End (4-2) going 3 goals to the good and Finn bagging one as he started to get his form going again, but for every step forward it was 2 steps back as we went on to lose the next two a trip to Billingham Town (0-3) and the visit of Newcastle Blue Star (1-2) we at least picked up another point as we fell outside the play-off spots for the first time in a while after a draw at Birtley where both goals came within the opening 15mins.

March
The poor run continued as we lost to Redcar Town (0-1) George Pedley let in a soft goal and I started to scout for replacements as at the very least he cant be our number one going into next season, we at least picked up as we eased to victory over Cleator Moor Celtic (3-1) thanks to a Finn Hat-trick, before we went 2-0 to the good against Crook only for Pedley to give up 2 easy goals and we had to settle for a point, by that point his future had been sealed id agreed to bring in Ciaran Ura on a free from Redcar and the following day I allowed Pedley to depart, In the build up to the next game at home to Thirsk I realised id made a major boo-boo! Ure had already played for Redcar & Esh winning this season meaning he was ineligible for any more first team games this left me with zero goalkeepers 
then the miracle happened as we got our youth intake and by got it was a good one as Beveridge was drafted straight into the first team hes only 15 but hes a player and we needed a keeper! hopewell & Marquez were also drafted into the first team.
and with the new lads we picked up 3 points at home to basement club Thirsk (5-3) finn grabbed 3 with Sharpe getting the other 2 late goals skewed the score but it was a good debut for the new lads

zf3okWp.png
Vn3GBBJ.png
vky2YYm.png

April
Final month of the season and a big push needed as we sat 6th trying to get back into the play-offs a draw with Bedlington (2-2) only a 92nd minute goal deprived us of 3 points, we followed it up with a 3-1 win over Jarrow Finn scoring his 4th goal in 2 games a second straight win this time against Easington (4-3) got us back into the play-offs knowing only a win will do to seal a spot, as we welcomed Willington and that man Finn was at it again scoring a brace and sending us to the play-offs he scored 51 league goals for us this season in 40 games, I need to make sure he sticks around!

the final 2023/24 Northern League table and we finished 4th which was ALOT better than i ever expected!

vkFgrxK.png

Play-off Semi Final

The Image explains everything i think we struggled first half both sides finished with nothing to show for it, before we took the lead int he second half through youngster Marquez but tired legs and subs too late saw us concede two late goals 
389JKJm.jpg

Northern League Division Two 2024/25 

ZnLcwBF.png

Summer
So the summer departures of Niall Dwason to Dunkirk and the loss of Sharpe to Bridlington i had to do a bit of a rebuild Sharpe was a particulaly bad one he was a lot of assists to replace, and the need for some better players we brought in quite a few Dan Stephenson arrived from FC Isle of Man his pace is shocking but hes the best left back available, Alex Mcnally from Kempston hes a solid cb with decent anticipation which i like in defenders. Experienced midfielder Harry Winter arrives on a free to be our new ball winning midfielder. another centre back in Adam Bowe from Maltby arrivd on a free hoping this is to shore up the back line we conceeded too many goals last season and im hoping defensive reinforcements can improve the against column. up the other end we brought in Leo Graham, Billy Harland and some how got a Work Permit for Emmanuele Garofalo all free arrivals all to try and replace the assists lost from by Sharpe

4askIKq.jpg

ifpOMiB.jpg

August
So into the new season we went, starting with a trip to relegated Toww LAw and the new lads were brilliant Graham and Harland getting on the scoresheet as we easily won 4-1, we followed it up with Finn opening his season account with a brace in a 3-0 win over Staveley MW, we then went on a great run with plenty of goals spread around, Graham bagged a hat-trick as we beat Cleator Moor Celtic (3-1), Finn's turn for the match ball as his hatrick helped us beat Washington (5-2), Finn then the hat-trick hero with 4 away at Crook Town in a huge win (7-2), he added another 5 against Cawood (5-1) before a slightly changed side beat Hailsham away in the first FA Vase Qualifying round.

September
Into the second month of the season we continued scoring goals and winning games as Boro Rangers were beaten 5-2 with Graham notching a brace, a trip to Brandon saw multiple scorers as we kept putting the ball in the back of the net. but we did eventually fall to defeat as despite a late goal from Finn we lost on penalties so were eliminated from the Brooks Mileson Memorial League Cup First Round, Back to league action and the goals aren't flowing as easily as they were as Prodhoe YC held us to a goalless draw, and only the single goal as we beat Billingham Town (1-0), and only a small win over Jarrow (2-0), but we continue picking up the points as we remained unbeaten we ended the month with another win this time at home to Elburton Villa in the FA Vase 2nd qualifying round on penalties after a Finn hat-trick.

October
Another unbeaten month we began with a draw at home Willington (2-2) as Finn grabbed a brace but we conceded two late goals but we didn't lose. wins at home to Pickering Town (3-0) away at Redcar Town (4-2) and at home to Whitby Fishermen's Society (5-1) as Winter even got on the score sheet in a rare occurrence, before October ended along with our FA Vase run as we lost to Level 11 Glossop.

November
Despite the cup defeat we at least managed to continue the league run as draws against Birtley(1-1) and Darlington Town (1-1) we bounced back with victories against Easington Colliery (4-2), & Esh Winning (4-2) only three gols this month for Finn his standard is slipping but we managed to pick up the points which is the main thing if we can get promoted again this year will be early but ill be happy

December 
We continued in the same vien as victory over Tow Law (2-1) saw us do the double over them thanks to a brace from Finn, another win this time away at Redcar Town (3-2) with Finn bagging a 92nd minute winner, but we suffered a set-pack as we finally suffered defeat and got absolutely destroyed away at Staveley MW (1-4) so the less said about that the better! we at least righted the goal difference as we beat Cleator Moor Celtic (4-1) even with a red card and four second half goals we held out on our 6 point lead at the top of the table we then raced into a three goal lead away at Washington 

XrhasVZ.png

should have perhaps done this as a oner

Northern League Division Two 2024/25 (Pt 2)
ZnLcwBF.png

January
We went into the second half of the season full of confidence, but then we did the same last year and failed to win again till the end of feb so we have to keep the momentum going, and we started as just that with the visit of Crook Town (5-3) where Finn bagged four and we got the new year off to a belter, we followed it up with a win away at Cawood (3-1) before a good win at home to Brandon Utd(4-2) before things got a bit tougher, as a late winner for Boro Rangers(1-2) meant they claimed all 3 points.

February we managed to bounce back with a win over Prudhow YC(3-1) with Finn, Harland and Day all amongst the goalscorers we visited Billingham Town raced into a 3-1 lead and we were cruising, but we shot ourselves in the foot conceeding quick firse goals in the 75th & 76th minute to tie the game up before a 94th minute free kick snatched the points from us we bounced back against Jarrow but the Billingham Town result allowed Bedlington to move within 3 points of us.

March
New month lots to crack on with we need to aim for maximum points with Bedlington Breathing down our necks and we started it well with a win away at Pickering Town (3-0) we got a second consecutive clean sheet at home to Redcar(0-0) but an off day for Finn meant we couldn't take all the points wins over Whitby Fishemens Society (2-1) got us off and running again and a win in the Ernest Armstrong Memorial cup against Pickering Town put us in a cup final. further wins over Birtley Town (3-0) and Willington(4-1) set up an exiting month as we went into with a slim lead over Bedlington.
Js9LROT.png

April
Do or die month we started well taking maximum points from Darlington Town (3-2) as Finn bagged a late brace to seal the points, but the Terriers won again a trip to Easington Colliery looked easy on paper but we couldn't break them down, and then fell to a late free-kick the terriers won AGAIN so it was all square at the top for points but they had a much better Goal different, we broke for the Ernest Armstrong Memorial Cup Final where we welcomed Tow Law an easy 2-0 win i hoped would put us in good stead for the last two games which it did as we eased past Esh winning (2-0) before the big one 1st v 2nd, well they parked the bus :(
xUpTAg8.jpg

Final Table:
Xz8ZfkP.png

So into the play-offs we went Easington after killing our title hopes earlier this month finished us off with a narrow win in the play-off semis.
fdroFyh.jpg

We've got to stay here for another year 😭ill end the post with at least one positive
oyQ2qTK.jpg

or will i? ive considered leaving if something better comes along or do i stay at Durham im not sure atm

Northern League Division Two 2025/26
ZnLcwBF.png

Summer
So following the hugely frustrating end to last season the aim this year with the title or bust, i wasnt intrested in a third conseutive play-off appearance so the recruitment followed that, instead of non-contracts i went for part time contracts to players released by clubs much higher up the table. the first arrival was Joe Monk the cb was a youth player for Stockport and would be good enough for Tier 10 without breaking a sweat!. Following him in was more attacking players with Sean Horne arriving i agreed a deal for him prior to his release from Blackburn. the defensive midfielder was originally going to be our new BWM, But a shock move for Yasser Al-Inezi turned out to be our new BWM the Saudi Arabian was released by newcastle and as soon as he became available i knew i had to bring him to Durham. Other new arrivals included Stephen Tanner joining from Burnley, and attacking reinforcements Mason Hardy from Carlisle & Robert Sainsbury from Salford all players were brought into a fairly small squad so should play a part.
And its exactly what we did racing out of the blocks picking up wins in our first 14 games before losing a top of the table clash,a few draws over the winter and some unexpected defeats before a 9 game winning streak saw us win the title the final 5 games i rotated to allow us to go all out in the cups

BS5rji1.png
UMBY7fk.png

Ernest Armstrong Memorial cup
After winning it last year we set out to retain it again this year and bar a few Shakey moments in the second round its exactly what we did with ease including a Finn hat-trick in the final

Bgn9CYC.png

Brooks Mileson Memorial League Cup
We looked to go far in this cup too but fell at the semi final stage we breezed through the earlier rounds, and would have taken the semi to penalties if it wasn't for a 92nd minute winner for Town

CnviSAO.png

FA Vase
The big one, The clubs chance at a Wembley final we narrowly edged through the first and second rounds before getting a bit more comfortable picking up wins, the final was a walk in the park as we were up 2-0 within 5minutes in front of 415 fans in London

jVPHrRZ.png

47bUMi5.jpg

5 minutes ago, acidmonkey said:

a 9 game winning streak saw us win the title

Awesome! I'll stick my neck out and say that a team capable of that season will be capable of repeating it next time.

Good luck :thup:

• acidmonkey changed the title to [FM23+] - UK & Ireland Tour Job 1: Durham City

Northern League Division One 2026/27 (Tier 9)
ZnLcwBF.png

Summer,
It was quite slim pickings this summer as we had a decent squad no depth but enough to get by which is why i only brought in two players Chesron Van Gonter following his release from Bradford City, to take over as first choice left back from Dutton, John Macleod on a free from Dundee he would be an unbelievable left winger at tier 9!

Into the new season and a crazy first match at tier 9 with a game where both sides decided defence wasn't for them! but we won thanks to 4 goals from Finn in a 6-4 win we kick it up a gear as we went with only one defeat in the first half of the season only losing to Carlisle City, the run saw us rise to the top of the table and stay there comfortably till Christmas even hitting 20 point lead! Christmas was a tough time for us as the legs gave way as we went 5 without victory we came close a few times but had to settle for draws as the chasing pack closed the gap to 6 points we did manage to turn it around in the new year as we went 6 wins on the bounce to put daylight between us and claim the title.

VYlc61p.png
FdIJsKf.png

cKtWcP7.png

Lots of cups this year and they did play a part in our December blip as we were knackered, the Brooks Mileson Memorial Cup stated out easy with wins over Willington and Easington but North Shields were a tougher test as we just eased through before a poor performance against Carlisle City, saw us struggle to draw before losing on penalties.

jr0d9Gt.png

FA Vase
Another good year in the FA Vase for us as we beat Newhaven in the first round some tight games against Aylesbury (2-0) a penalty win over Redbridge then a 3-1 win over Wokingham got us a tough 5th round tie v Bedlington we struggle but managed to win on pens to get to the Quarter finals, which we breezed through before again a tough tie v West Allotment Celtic went to penalties which we won to make the final....

PDtc42I.png

FA Cup
The big one this year for us, the one where we can make some money! but plenty of rounds to get through first, which we seemed to have no problem with as Redcar Athletic were beaten 2-1 in the Extra Prelim rnd, before we beat Prescot in the Prelim round and that's just to make the Qualifying rounds!!!!
Wins over Bury Town (3-0) and Romford saw us into the 3rd qualifying round where we took on local side West Auckland, they were despatched with ease as we won 4-0, Dunston would be a tougher test and proved it in the 4th qualifying round as we struggled to a 2-2 draw in Gateshead, the replay went to Extra time but once Dunston got a man sent off we started knocking the goals in for fun, we'd made the First round proper and a really tough tie v EFL opposition, we managed to force a replay as Finn bagged a 85th min equaliser, and in front of our home fans i thought we do it, till a 90th min equaliser then defeat on pens :(
but hey our bank balance is £150k so was worth it!

LAZk7Wa.png

K69gVgs.jpg

Now for the Eagle eyed among you, will notice that i didnt mention the FA Vase final or the the last few league games of the season well i decided that Durham was a bit easy so...

Ceb24oo.png

We moved up a division but barely:

mSiRpIo.png

• acidmonkey changed the title to [FM23+] - UK & Ireland Tour Job 2: AFC Rushden & Diamonds

Northern Premier League Division One Midlands 2027/28

x9HKIqO.png

Summer

So we had a busy summer ahead the best part about being so far down is that contracts are only 1yr long so player turnover is high for the good and the bad! so i set about getting rid of most of the relegation fodder players we had for instance of the 16 players in the Matchday squad on that play-off tie, 13 of them were shown the door and i began a rebuild that would cover all areas of the squad and if i were to list everyone the thread would be too long :D so the three mains ones were Elijah Cartwright from Beaconsfield, to play in that AMC slot, Ethan Smith from Shefford Town and a familiar face in John Macleod from Durham, i was still on the look out for the Ball winning midfielder that plays a huge role for my tactics.

QavGk1N.jpg

X2xmwqL.jpgcX8tJ7e.jpg

League
We had a bit of an average start with only 2 wins in the first five due to cup games we found ourselves sitting mid table after only picking up wins on the opening day and in a trip to Spalding Utd, but after that things just kind of took off we won 17 of the next 21 which catapulted us to the top of the table, Chasetown were keeping pace with us all the way and was also one of the teams to beat us in that run, but we got to the back end of January and the wheels kind of just fell off, only 4 wins in the final 3 months of the season saw Chasetown overtake us and take a ten point lead on their way to the championship, so as per Durham we had to settle for the play-offs, where we took on Boston Town put up no fight and lost 2-1 and dispite the dissapointment i was still happy with the overall performance in the league this year, i know where to strengthen for next season and hopefully we can put a more sustained challenge in

7QgpwFF.png7I3DweY.png

Integro Cup
The Integro cup which is for the teams at tier 7 & 8 we started it with ease beating Daventry in round one before a win back up north at Consett saw us east into round 3 but Guiseley were just too strong for us we couldnt really lay a glove on them which resulted in defeat in round 3

DkRlIqp.png

FA Vase
The FA Vase wasn't much better as despite a comfortable win over Helson, Histon and Stowmarket to make the competition proper it took penalties to even get to the first round then penalties for the first round win over Gosport, and non league giants Gosport rocked up to knock us out of the cup also on penalties
DkRlIqp.png

FA Cup

Well they do say "Magic of the cup"  but i think alot of it was luck in getting good draws as we eased past Wellingborough and Bedworth to make it through the prelim rounds, slightly stiffer oposition from the tier above saw us ease narrowly past Leek Town the resulted in a draw against Cray Wanderers which turned into a much easier win than expected,  the next qualifying rounds saw us take on tier 7 & 8 sides in Maidstone and Warrington both were close games but we managed win to make the first round proper, we expected to get a League one or two side and a tanking but it didnt happen as we kept drawing national league sides a defend for your life 1-0 win over Havant in round one was followed by a 2-1 narrow win over Halifax in round 2, and well we got smashed by Blackburn, but i dont care it inflated our bank account by a quarter of a mil!

Dyj8elh.png

Final League table
kSj4uIX.png

and our bank balance

6z1SAhX.png

Northern Premier League Division One Midlands 2027/28

x9HKIqO.png

Summer
After last years miraculous 2nd place finish the only thing i was aiming for this year was a playoff spot we went about it by buying a pretty much full new squad as i went in search of any freebies on non contracts i could find and the attempt to solve the two main issues which were goalscoring and defending, in came 2 new keepers plenty of new defenders and some attacking talent, but i just couldn't get someone to hit the target regularly enough, it wasn't until i brough in Brandon Finn from my old club Durham did we score regularly, but we also concede often too as one keeper got a season ending injury so i paid up his 50 quid to release him, the other has a tendency to rush out but no anticipation resulting in ALOT of goals conceded. maybe next summer....

League
Into the league season and despite doing decently enough only losing twice in the opening 12 games we were top 5 but and even miraculously keeping a few clean sheets, when the defence give up they didn't half throw in the towel, 4 at home to Ilkeston, 4 away at Jet Blades, 4 against Gedling 3 against carlton Town, Grantham Town, Ilkeston (AGAIN) Histon and Jet blades we did put some good runs together but injuries were frustrating losing a few of the first team in quick succession the run in was terrible form we should have had 2 more wins at least as the keeper when walkabout in the home draws with Jey Blades and Selston we ended up 2nd and we were in the play-offs which was the aim before the season

and worst were the 4 against Selston in the playoff the keeper made so many mistakes i released him the day after 🤣

dUyNwEe.png
vW2AV5x.png

dFRJv2m.png

FA Trophy
We were pretty dreadful in the cups this year the FA Trophy showing was poor as we breezed through the first Qualifying round to lost on pens in the 2nd qual round.

XCBLsKS.png

Integro League Cup
The Integro cup was marginally better as an easy first round win was followed by two tight wins against Warrington and Thackley before a heavy defeat in round 4 (keeper again went walk about and got a 5.2 rating)!

gkWlevy.png

FA Cup
FA Cup wasnt as good as last year but was still a good showing 8 rounds deep we managed to get and only coming up against a good South Shields squad the difference 

X98TFLI.png

Only other upside i suppose is Durham are equally stuck in this tier