Do offsides count as fouls in the Match Stats?

Apparently, yes.

I can only suggest it's because in game statistics an offside gives your opponent a free kick in their own half and the game tries to balance those numbers out in a way of something like "team 1 free kicks" = "team 2 fouls" even though some of the fouls are just offsides. Seems stupid, but it is what it is.

But it seems you cannot find out how many times an individual player is given offside in a match, short of watching all of it. That would be helpful to know. Maybe there should be separate stats for fouls and offsides?

13 minuti fa, stockwellpete ha scritto:

But it seems you cannot find out how many times an individual player is given offside in a match, short of watching all of it. That would be helpful to know. Maybe there should be separate stats for fouls and offsides?

you can, well in fm16 but it is probably still in the game. if you go to the competition screen, statistics, players stats, and detailed player stats. however, it is only the league's top 20 players.

3 hours ago, MBarbaric said:

you can, well in fm16 but it is probably still in the game. if you go to the competition screen, statistics, players stats, and detailed player stats. however, it is only the league's top 20 players.

Thanks. I have found that page in FM23 and can now proudly say that one of my forwards is the worst one in the whole division for getting caught offside (with an average of 3.54 times a match). Seeing that I sometimes play him on the left-wing he has really excelled himself. My other main forward is 9th worst in the whole division, so I think I can conclude that both of them need to develop the player trait that deals with beating the offside trap. As you say, the data is for only the division's top 20 players, but is better than nothing. 

Il 21/7/2023 in 14:25 , stockwellpete ha scritto:

Thanks. I have found that page in FM23 and can now proudly say that one of my forwards is the worst one in the whole division for getting caught offside (with an average of 3.54 times a match). Seeing that I sometimes play him on the left-wing he has really excelled himself. My other main forward is 9th worst in the whole division, so I think I can conclude that both of them need to develop the player trait that deals with beating the offside trap. As you say, the data is for only the division's top 20 players, but is better than nothing. 

i still play fm16 so don't know how it is nowadays but there are way too many offsides. players with a trait "runs behind backline" (or something to that effect) are extremely vulnerable. you can mitigate (to a point) placing them in a deeper role (although you already have a player on the wing so don't know how much deeper you can get). playing with lower  tempo also helps.

i don't know how it is in new games but it appears like players that make runs really lack awareness and get into offside too many times. I average 8 per match and rarely see anything below 6 with the record for 90 mins being 13. the saddest thing is that the referee won't stop the play for offside when the opposition intercepts the ball but it falls back to another of my players. if these situations would be called, there would easily be 20 offsides per match.