How does the Freeze Attributes mechanic work in the IGE?

I obviously understand the base functionality, but I was wondering how it works specifically when it comes to Consistency and going over 200CA. For example, setting a player's every attribute to 20 would result in him technically needing 300 or even 400 CA points. However, the game will allow you to use that edited player regardless of his actual CA.

So, my question here is how does Consistency tie to that? Does the game adjust a player's attributes as it normally would before every game? Say he has 150CA and the Consistency roll brings him down to 140 for a specific match; would his attributes for that match be downgraded to match 140CA?

I'm asking because I have been experimenting with a weird challenge and I have this one edited superhuman player. He routinely carries the team and averages like 9.0, but then he'll often have the occasional 6.4 stinker and I was trying to figure out what's what.

Anyway, a bit of an inconsequential question, but I thought I'd ask. Cheers!

There are some attributes for each position and each attribute which does not cost any CA point.

For example Determination, Flair, Aggression and hidden attributes (eg. Professionalism, Pressure etc) costs 0 in terms of CA points.

You can read more here.

====

As you can see, there is no CA 400 or PA 400. The range is 1-200 scale. Even two players in same position (eg. ST) having all 20 in attributes and be CA 200, but A player has low Pressure (1) and B player have high Pressure (20), the B player will perform better from A.

Edited by fc.cadoni

6 hours ago, fc.cadoni said:

Even two players in same position (eg. ST) having all 20 in attributes and be CA 200

The game will inevitably readjust their attributes after a certain time period (unless you click Freeze Attributes, of course). That 200CA is probably just the max shown value by the interface.

On 19/07/2023 at 16:03, geo_athan said:

I'm asking because I have been experimenting with a weird challenge and I have this one edited superhuman player. He routinely carries the team and averages like 9.0, but then he'll often have the occasional 6.4 stinker and I was trying to figure out what's what.

It's because the game is designed to reflect real life, so regardless of how "good" and/or consistent you make a player he'll still have the odd bad game.

So if he has the occasional stinker that's just life, but if he often has a stinker there's probably improvements you can make.

Edited by herne79

The 6.4 stinker doesn't necessarily mean he's playing below his talent level, it might just mean he's a striker who for once hasn't scored and has lost headers to a bigger guy, or team's been thrashed because the rest of the players aren't that good and dragged his ratings down with them

Edited by enigmatic