Automatically use physio recommendation - option for training intensity

danej

I think there should be such and option in game. Not only for the first team squad, but for all squads. I think such a setting is better as well as more realistic than the current alternatives for automatic setting which are rigid and doesn't evaluate the player on an individual basis. Furthermore it seems like the physio's opionion on the players are almost always pretty sound. Who can at this moment in time deal with double intensity, who should be on half intensity because he just got back from injury or is generally injury prone etc.

See the thread below in case you need to see more regarding what I mean, the same topic being discussed there.

Also see this pic which makes it easier to understand what I mean - as a supplement to the five settings toward the top of the screen (the two red hearts, one yellow, two green), there should simply be a box to tick on/off "use physio recommendation for training intensity". Alternatively, in each of the current five categories, you could have a further option besides "No pitch or gym work", "Half intensity", "Normal intensity" and "Double Intensity": "Automatically according to physio recommendation". I think I personally would leave the two red hearts as they are by default "No pitch or gym work" and "Half intensity" respectively, as shown in the pic. But that I would use automated physio recommendation for the three "top end hearts" if such an option was available.

image.thumb.png.ec780dca6d567847559bd690174eb113.png

Edited by danej

• danej changed the title to Automatically use physio recommendation - option for training intensity

A supplemental idea: There should be a setting like this: "Maximum one level higher than physio recommendation". In my experience, this would be a great automatic setup.

The physio is generally a bit overcautious in his recommendations. So it would be a good regime to stick to your default settings (I think most experienced managers use the in-game default setting except that the up the full green heart (far right) to "double intensity".

In practice this idea primarily means that no players would train at double intensity if the physio recommends half intensity. Which I think would be great, and nothing else needed to have a good automatic training intensity setting.

Edited by danej

I experimented a bit more. My updated opinion on good "automatic" settings (if SI would create the option):

Generally do what Rashidi/BustTheNet and most other experienced players seem to do - just use the automated rest settings, but put the full green heart/the far right heart on full intensity. For all squads, not just the first team squad. Just leave it at this, ignore the recommendation of the physio, don't ever tweak manually, apart from the occasional rest day to regular starters during fixture congestion.

The one exception being the initial part of pre-season. The part with a heavy physical training regime, boot camp style. Which seems to be the best way to start the season, Rashidi and others also seem to think so.

Anyway, my experience is that for those initial couple of weeks of boot camp (like the preset "heavy early" regime, or Rashidi's boot camp), you get too many injuries if you use those automated settings. Where in practice every first team member trains on double intensity every day, regardless how susceptible they are to injuries etc.

This is the one instance where I would apply my idea mentioned above. Essentially, for those initial couple of weeks of boot camp, I would daily check the physio recommendation of the first team squad (see the pic at the bottom to check out my view including physio recommendation). And put everyone down to normal intensity when the physio recommends half intensity. Usually, a single day at normal intensity is enough for the given player. The day after he is usually less injury prone so to speak, with the physio recommendation being back at normal or double. So the next day it is usually fine to stick the player back up at the automatic double intensity setting.

For the rest of the season, apart from those initial couple of weeks, my impression is that it is best to do as Daljit recommens and forget about all this. Just use automatic settings, but tweak the full heart to double intensity. It doesn't give too many injuries apart from the initial boot camp period.

Please let me know if anyone has other experiences. My experience with this is still rather limited and I can't say for sure that I am right. However, this detail in the game intrigues me at the moment and I will keep focusing on this for a while yet I think.

If you hardly have any injury prone players in your first team squad, you may not need to do this. But I generally like to make few transfers and stick to my original squad to a large extent. So I am usually stuck with quite a few injury prone players. Like Martial, Varane and Luke Shaw in the Utd squad.

image.thumb.png.ae8f15186fe0ad72f1c17dd55fb55964.png

• 1 month later...