[Suggestion] Data Hub > Make Player Performance interchangeable between Defender, Midfielder or Attacker groups for versatile players

The Enforcer

Hi,

I have a few versatile players in my squad in National League South, for example:

1. A D(RC), DM, M(C), described as a "veteran midfielder", natural in DC and DMC - grouped with defenders in data hub, even though I only play him at DM.

2. A D(C), DM, M(C), described as a "defensive midfielder", natural in DMC - grouped with defenders in data hub, even though I only play him at DM

3. A M(C), AM(RLC), described as an "attacking midfielder", natural in AMR and AMC - grouped with midfielders in data hub, even though I only play him at AMC or AML

4. A M/AM(RL), described as an "experienced winger", natural in MR, AMR and AML - grouped with attackers in data hub, which reflects where I play him at AML

I want to be comparing my defensive midfielders with other midfielders in that group and my attacking midfielder with the other attacking players, such as the winger I refer to, who are all in the forwards group. But there is presently no way to change how these players are grouped by the data hub.

This matters, because it is much harder to, for example, compare the relative tackling ability of my midfielders when two of them are on a different scatter graph. Moreover, some of the scatter graphs are different for different groups, so I can't check "passing progression" for the two midfielders and I can't compare the "movement" of the attacking midfielder with the other attacking players, because those aren't available for defenders and midfielders, respectively. I am not sure why movement wouldn't be a relevant statistic for a midfielder, in any event?

Arguably, there should be separate Player Performance groups for full-backs and centre-backs and wingers and midfielders, as the expectations under those roles can be quite different.

Cheers,

TE

• 1 month later...