MacBook Air M1 Base Model Heat

I find it can get hot especially if you are playing the matches in more than key highlights.  Its just the price you pay for having great performance and battery life but zero fans.

I've not noticed it being any different over time though

13 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

I find it can get hot especially if you are playing the matches in more than key highlights.  Its just the price you pay for having great performance and battery life but zero fans.

I've not noticed it being any different over time though

Thanks Ben!

Yes true, it’s so much more playable on battery power than a gaming laptop I had which got even hotter and you could play about 1 game on battery power. 

I’ve been playing on extended so will try on key highlights thanks. 

I mainly play FM23 in my Mac Studio, which is fine. But I tried FM23 Touch through Apple Arcade few months back. I'd say it will definitely get hot. MacBook Air doesn't have fans, it's cooled passively, just like a phone or iPad. Hence, if your FM session is longer, then it will get hot. I tried 2 nations, 5 league save game and play the key highlights mode, it got warm after 10–15 minutes and gets hot after 30 mins that you cannot keep it on laptop. However, if you keep it on desk, and then you can continue playing for a couple of hours, but you'll see some jankiness in match graphics.