FM12 Crashes when trying to start a new game

i've been playing fm12 for a long time now, the only game i have more hours in is the fm12 editor.

all of a sudden when i try to start a new game it crashes when loading the new save. It can load old saves fine. I have removed and readded and removed created databases. i've deleted the cache. i've deleted the game. i've verified the game files in the steam window thing. i've messed with different nations to see if its just england that crashes the game. the game simply refuses to work when i start a new game. crashes completely. no warning or error message. jsut straight to my home screen. 

if someone knows how to fix this... i would be in your debt. i just want to get back to testing out my new databases and such.

43 minutes ago, BlackFerdinand said:

i've been playing fm12 for a long time now, the only game i have more hours in is the fm12 editor.

all of a sudden when i try to start a new game it crashes when loading the new save. It can load old saves fine. I have removed and readded and removed created databases. i've deleted the cache. i've deleted the game. i've verified the game files in the steam window thing. i've messed with different nations to see if its just england that crashes the game. the game simply refuses to work when i start a new game. crashes completely. no warning or error message. jsut straight to my home screen. 

if someone knows how to fix this... i would be in your debt. i just want to get back to testing out my new databases and such.

try this, it might do the trick

then i would also remove everything that didnt come with the default game and once the game runs, you can add one thing at a time

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997644231185