Joint World Cup Hosts

Nepsty

Hi there, 

I'm making my own format for the World Cup, and I know how to set hosts for it, as it's rather easy to do so. However, is there a way I can set joint hosts for a World Cup? I want to have a World Cup hosted by the Netherlands and Belgium, but I'm not sure if it's possible to do so.

Thanks!

I believe you can do it with a specific edition. So you'd have 2022, "end year" 2022. Then 2026, with "start" and "end" year being both 2026. In this one, set a specific co-host pair (not under the normal list of rotating nations, but the box above that - you can set co-hosts in a specific year). Then in the 2030 version, with no "end" year, this would be the standard rotation.

Modify that depending which edition you want to be co-hosted. I *think* it should then be smart enough to remove Belgium and Holland from World Cup qualifying on its own

1 hour ago, Nepsty said:

Hi there, 

I'm making my own format for the World Cup, and I know how to set hosts for it, as it's rather easy to do so. However, is there a way I can set joint hosts for a World Cup? I want to have a World Cup hosted by the Netherlands and Belgium, but I'm not sure if it's possible to do so.

Thanks!

I actually did that some time ago for 2026

easy to do

30807e70c869a8be5c30aab7edad64f4.jpg

Just saw that the default Euros hosting rotation will go through co-hosts as well:

Spoiler

test2056.thumb.png.d42002f1c3cfdcbd3c5aac2113f8a0c5.png

Looks like they're each excluded from qualifying and seeded in a "home" group in the group stage too (i.e. no chance of Belgium playing group games in Holland)

Hi everyone, thank you for the responses. I'm getting somewhere with this, however I seem to be stuck again.

This might be my own stupidity, but I decided to try remake all of the major international tournaments (World Cup and each confederations main tournaments). I wanted to make things every two years as I wanted a mostly international playthrough. However I seem to have come across this error, I tried fixing it yesterday but couldn't and decided to take a look again with fresh eyes and still couldn't fix it. Any thoughts?

65fa9cf67055856b2e3f678062f56e1b.png

Would it be better if I just done everything separately?

Edited by Nepsty

12 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Looks like Nations League isn't finishing in time, did you touch that and/or Gold Cup? Both of those tournaments (and the Gold Cup playoff) should be in the same file, at least to make testing easier

I hadn't touched the Nation's League at all. I had only edited the Gold Cup.

Ok, so Gold Cup broke Nations League, I think one of them has the other as a "dependency". And the broken Nations League failed to produce any qualifiers for the Gold Cup playoff.

The Gold Cup playoff is broken by default anyway, the game just picks a few high-rep teams. You could edit it as well and just put an "end date" as 2021 or something in the past. That might fix the error message by scrapping it entirely

15 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Ok, so Gold Cup broke Nations League, I think one of them has the other as a "dependency". And the broken Nations League failed to produce any qualifiers for the Gold Cup playoff.

The Gold Cup playoff is broken by default anyway, the game just picks a few high-rep teams. You could edit it as well and just put an "end date" as 2021 or something in the past. That might fix the error message by scrapping it entirely

Hi! Thank you, I ended up having to remove the Nations League from the database entirely, but everything is working now!

1 hour ago, Nepsty said:

Hi! Thank you, I ended up having to remove the Nations League from the database entirely, but everything is working now!

I have removed that too I have totally changed international set up

NB take a look at African comps once you edit the World Cup though, this is where I saw a lot of issue I just started new rules for AFCON etc as there were some amazing bugs-

comps not getting scheduled until 2047 even though I hadnt edit them,

all non African based players were not getting picked by their nations, I wasnt aware of this initially

so be thorough with testing- custom start date/holiday in game for a good few seasons to see comps are running and not doing anything stupid like the above:) 

49 minutes ago, Roy Race 9 said:

I have removed that too I have totally changed international set up

NB take a look at African comps once you edit the World Cup though, this is where I saw a lot of issue I just started new rules for AFCON etc as there were some amazing bugs-

comps not getting scheduled until 2047 even though I hadnt edit them,

all non African based players were not getting picked by their nations, I wasnt aware of this initially

so be thorough with testing- custom start date/holiday in game for a good few seasons to see comps are running and not doing anything stupid like the above:) 

I made sure to check all confederations to make sure things looked good and then simulated 3 world cups and 3 continental cups. Everything worked out fine except occasionally I noticed that it didn't add the host nation(s) to the competition at all. Still currently trying to fix that! Other than that, everything else seems to be working fine.

1 hour ago, Nepsty said:

I made sure to check all confederations to make sure things looked good and then simulated 3 world cups and 3 continental cups. Everything worked out fine except occasionally I noticed that it didn't add the host nation(s) to the competition at all. Still currently trying to fix that! Other than that, everything else seems to be working fine.

thats an odd one, is that for the world cup?

glad you are not seeing issues it was Africa that got effected the most for me and I dont usually do a lot there but noticed Morocco were using fake players then saw this was a big problem, fixed though

other one I just picked up on is I have a biannual home nations starting from 2023,that starts off fine in game plays in 2023/2025 then next scheduled date is 2047, I have seen 2047 pop up in a couple of comps pretty random and trying to fix that now, also for one round of games canada played instead of Ireland so some of the bugs are just bizarre [the teams registered are the home nations only and Ireland were not playing any other game:confused:]

Edited by Roy Race 9

I wouldn't use "registered teams" if you can avoid it, "qualified teams" or just specific teams under "teams" seems to work best and act the exact same way in-game... As for African comps calling up domestic-based players, you have to go under 'players' and check the box for that (on the left) just to make sure the box that pops up (on the right) is unchecked... sometimes it will default to local-based players only if not (maybe if it's not on FIFA dates?)

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

I wouldn't use "registered teams" if you can avoid it, "qualified teams" or just specific teams under "teams" seems to work best and act the exact same way in-game... As for African comps calling up domestic-based players, you have to go under 'players' and check the box for that (on the left) just to make sure the box that pops up (on the right) is unchecked... sometimes it will default to local-based players only if not (maybe if it's not on FIFA dates?)

hi mate

yes I fixed the african issue I was pointing it out just FYI for neptsy 

regards home nations my mistake I had used  specific teams, shouldnt have said registered teams, and that canada issue has only appeared on one test, so its just random, doesnt give me any confidence it wont appear again though:)

Re: 2047, I wonder if you've got 2000 as a base year for dates, but then 2023 or 2024 used in dates throughout the competition. So it's just scheduling games 23/24 years in the future (i.e. 2047)

That Canada thing is hilarious, have you got a backup list of invited teams somewhere? Or maybe the dates got thrown off and it had to find a replacement team somehow, usually you see a high-rep team like Germany or Spain in that case though

9 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Re: 2047, I wonder if you've got 2000 as a base year for dates, but then 2023 or 2024 used in dates throughout the competition. So it's just scheduling games 23/24 years in the future (i.e. 2047)

That Canada thing is hilarious, have you got a backup list of invited teams somewhere? Or maybe the dates got thrown off and it had to find a replacement team somehow, usually you see a high-rep team like Germany or Spain in that case though

yes mate thats what happens if there is any issue with numbers the game goes for the the highest rated team/nation so should be germany:brock:

so canada is just so random and for 1 game only  there is no rhyme or reason to it

[fixed this now though as the home nations were wales/combined ireland/scotland/england B  noticed england b was not being set up after 2025 when I changed specific teams  to england  no issue at all comp plays every 2 years:thup:]

Sounds like you fixed the dates/2047 issue as well, good to hear. I wonder if Canada were being called as a random national team, still odd.

And I wonder if England 'B' or U23s have weird hard-coding so they can function as Great Britain in the rare case where England hosts the Olympics again, at least that's how older games handled it. Although it could just be an error with the teams list or something. You could probably get it so that teams send their 'A' team unless they're still alive in Nations League, in which case they'd send the B or U23 team

2 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Sounds like you fixed the dates/2047 issue as well, good to hear. I wonder if Canada were being called as a random national team, still odd.

And I wonder if England 'B' or U23s have weird hard-coding so they can function as Great Britain in the rare case where England hosts the Olympics again, at least that's how older games handled it. Although it could just be an error with the teams list or something. You could probably get it so that teams send their 'A' team unless they're still alive in Nations League, in which case they'd send the B or U23 team

didnt even consider that, great shout you are correct 

nations league was the biggest problem for me so I have totally removed it, and qualification to world cup etc is from group placings only

my structure has summer qualifiers for world cup/euros basically mini tournaments in themselves so no international breaks during european club season, and the games are played in one go over a 3 week period[only 48 countries in europe in this set up- combined ireland and yugoslavia is brought back, so only 4 teams per group