Fm22 error with MLS having 29 teams instead of 28.

Tigerman500

You could try "Stage > Teams > Click on the qualifying teams and check if "Remove Picked Qualified Teams" is activated. This should be deactivated since it will ignore the Max Number of Teams picked.

10 minutes ago, NatioJampa said:

You could try "Stage > Teams > Click on the qualifying teams and check if "Remove Picked Qualified Teams" is activated. This should be deactivated since it will ignore the Max Number of Teams picked.

its already deactivated

29 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

This is on the default db? There will be a team or two with MLS set as "next division" as they come in after a year or two, but it should still verify for the first season with 27 (I think) teams 

no its a custom database

I wouldn't recommend changing the teams in MLS, you'll lose a lot of functionality. Draft picks, international slots, etc, seem to be assigned to specific teams and hard-coded somewhere. But if you're absolutely going to, there are lots of places you'll need to change it. From a quick look I can see you deleted something from MLS' "registered teams" but didn't replace it, the game's not gonna like stuff like that...

This is a bigger issue, but if you want to change an MLS team the best bet is to take that same team ID and just change all their details, so like changing Columbus Crew to the Albuquerque Isotopes or whatever. Then they'll keep all the fixtures, news items, weird roster rules etc that the Crew had hard-coded

22 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I wouldn't recommend changing the teams in MLS, you'll lose a lot of functionality. Draft picks, international slots, etc, seem to be assigned to specific teams and hard-coded somewhere. But if you're absolutely going to, there are lots of places you'll need to change it. From a quick look I can see you deleted something from MLS' "registered teams" but didn't replace it, the game's not gonna like stuff like that...

This is a bigger issue, but if you want to change an MLS team the best bet is to take that same team ID and just change all their details, so like changing Columbus Crew to the Albuquerque Isotopes or whatever. Then they'll keep all the fixtures, news items, weird roster rules etc that the Crew had hard-coded

well now i have a team in group 1 playing 36 matches and every other team in that group plays 35 matches

AAA- Discord.fmf

What about all the other stuff you changed like registered teams? If you changed everything back and still hit a wall, any chance you can just go back to the vanilla database and start your changes again? I haven't really messed with MLS this year but it's not very malleable in the editor... Like, at all

Just now, themodelcitizen said:

What about all the other stuff you changed like registered teams? If you changed everything back and still hit a wall, any chance you can just go back to the vanilla database and start your changes again? I haven't really messed with MLS this year but it's not very malleable in the editor... Like, at all

yes that team was re-added to registered teams. also i changed the numbers of teams in one of the groups. i also changed the ranking level info. 

Registered teams in both the competition itself (from clicking on it and looking at the details, and on the left is "registered teams") and in the advanced rules as well? You can always compare to the default DB and see what the teams list, group settings etc look like and make sure it's all changed back. If everything looks the exact same and it's still not working then something got messed up. You could try copying and pasting the MLS competition rules from the default DB into your changed DB. But you might have to start fresh

1 minute ago, themodelcitizen said:

Registered teams in both the competition itself (from clicking on it and looking at the details, and on the left is "registered teams") and in the advanced rules as well? You can always compare to the default DB and see what the teams list, group settings etc look like and make sure it's all changed back. If everything looks the exact same and it's still not working then something got messed up. You could try copying and pasting the MLS competition rules from the default DB into your changed DB. But you might have to start fresh

What do you mean by what i have bolded?

No clue, I don't really know how they've set up MLS this year. Just tried to remove the nation rules and re-add them but it's giving some error message about all the NCAA teams having "next division" and "other division" set to the same thing. Was thinking just get rid of the USA advanced rules and re-add them to have everything back to default but you can keep your 40000+ db changes. But if you've edited the lower divisions too then just copy and paste the MLS rules from the default USA advanced rules back into your DB

2 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

No clue, I don't really know how they've set up MLS this year. Just tried to remove the nation rules and re-add them but it's giving some error message about all the NCAA teams having "next division" and "other division" set to the same thing. Was thinking just get rid of the USA advanced rules and re-add them to have everything back to default but you can keep your 40000+ db changes. But if you've edited the lower divisions too then just copy and paste the MLS rules from the default USA advanced rules back into your DB

yeah im trying to fix the ranking level info but there is already 28 teams in there.

Yeah, even removing all the changes you made to MLS (by going into "changes" on the bottom left and removing them or clearing the list), and copying and pasting a fresh set of MLS rules onto your file, still results in the "require minimum of 28 teams for MLS, found only 27" error. So you've done something somewhere to one of the clubs' divisions, next divisions, etc, or something, somewhere. No way I can find it in the 40000+ changes you've got there, good luck figuring it out. If not you can consider starting a new US rules file with everything you've learned