Youth academy has been terrible for 15 years

Context I'm Everton we have won 8 league titles in the last 10 years and won 2 champions league titles with 6 finals lost

My current facilities are 

training: State of art

Youth: State of the art

Youth recruitment: Excellent youth

Junior coaching: Exceptional

In the u21 staff we have 11 coaches and in the u18 we have 14 coaches.

My HOYD has 17 judge abbility and 18 judge potentioal, and 20 working with youngsters, hes personality professional, high rep likes 4-2-3-1 gegen attacking press more often age 68

The best youthb players ive had come through are around 2 to 2.5 stars in their early prime 20-23 and even then thats only 1-2 every couple of years

One thought ive just had is that i do sign ALOT of foreign youngsters and handful of them go in the u21 currently there are 6 potential first team candidates with 5 being foreign players i bought recently maybe my everton academy players struggling to play games in the youth team

here are all the u21 everton academy direct playersimage.thumb.png.07404f07dd3f4cdea86857c88b24af4e.png

image.thumb.png.5bfc567888949462f8b10fe319c5448f.pngimage.thumb.png.82e298d3b7d3e05ba3c4d4ba7acdb5e3.pngimage.thumb.png.207859d536c94cfc5ee7ddf78fd34a3c.png

29 minutes ago, PandaIsland said:

I dont know the CA of my players direct number but im guessing id want someonme  between 140-160

At the age of 16 - 19 y/o with CA 140-160 will rare or not at all.

Those youngsters don't look bad at all, especially the DM one.

Pretty sure that you have very high CA/PA players in your first team (and 2040 year), that's why you see low PA stars.

34 minutes ago, fc.cadoni said:

At the age of 16 - 19 y/o with CA 140-160 will rare or not at all.

Those youngsters don't look bad at all, especially the DM one.

Pretty sure that you have very high CA/PA players in your first team (and 2040 year), that's why you see low PA stars.

I meant 140 to 160 when there around 20-23

36 minutes ago, PandaIsland said:

I meant 140 to 160 when there around 20-23

Maybe that 3 star can be 140, you don't know 100%, unless you activate In-Game Editor (or 3rd party app).

It's not very far away from that number from the other hand.

In most cases (from my experience as well), players reach their PA around 26 y/o.

So, development is slow process.

I've only included players I sold while young and realising there was no long term position to put them in and not including previous generations who I kept around and sold as they were pushing into their 30's or had been sold in the years before. Also didn't include anyone I sold for less than £25m.

Ultimately you have to give players the time to grow. You have to give them exposure to appropriate challenge through loans/rotation. 

1 hour ago, santy001 said:

I've only included players I sold while young and realising there was no long term position to put them in and not including previous generations who I kept around and sold as they were pushing into their 30's or had been sold in the years before. Also didn't include anyone I sold for less than £25m.

Ultimately you have to give players the time to grow. You have to give them exposure to appropriate challenge through loans/rotation. 

so your saying i just need to geet rid of my foreign players and just play the players that are not good enough

Well I've managed to do it in a network save where I've got another player competing with me year in, year out. Wining 9 out of the last 10 EPL's and winning 7 of my last 8 Champions league finals. 

You should, based on what you're describing be having 60 game seasons. It's quite easy to find 5-10 appropriate games for an emerging player. I've shown you 14 players who have over the past 2 years been an active part of my squad. With those who were sold bringing in around £300m (out of £579m total raised in sales) in 4 transfer windows. I do consider that to be a successful youth development system.

Its an interesting one I manage crystal palace and I'm in year 2040 now and its only the last 3/4 seasons where I've had some decent regens come through prior to that I had one come through who had potential to be a top player and ended becoming a 4 1/2 star. I don't know weather someone can confirm this but my theory is once you've upgraded your facilities it takes a while for the players to come through the pipeline of your academy. 

Hopefully I can develop some of these decent youngsters into first team ready squad players however I'm seeing some of them when they go out on loan and get game time there PA star rating wise has dropped dramatically from 4-5 star to 2 1/2 3 yellow star so its definatly a tricky thing to grasp.

19 hours ago, Big Borkay said:

I don't know weather someone can confirm this but my theory is once you've upgraded your facilities it takes a while for the players to come through the pipeline of your academy. 

Yes, the changes take a long time to really make a tangible difference. Things like changing your Head of Youth Development alone can take years to have an impact. I'm not talking 2-3 years either. 

19 hours ago, Big Borkay said:

Its an interesting one I manage crystal palace and I'm in year 2040 now and its only the last 3/4 seasons where I've had some decent regens come through prior to that I had one come through who had potential to be a top player and ended becoming a 4 1/2 star. I don't know weather someone can confirm this but my theory is once you've upgraded your facilities it takes a while for the players to come through the pipeline of your academy. 

Hopefully I can develop some of these decent youngsters into first team ready squad players however I'm seeing some of them when they go out on loan and get game time there PA star rating wise has dropped dramatically from 4-5 star to 2 1/2 3 yellow star so its definatly a tricky thing to grasp.

13 minutes ago, santy001 said:

Yes, the changes take a long time to really make a tangible difference. Things like changing your Head of Youth Development alone can take years to have an impact. I'm not talking 2-3 years either. 

its weird you say that because there is one youngster who wasnt in the orginal screenshot not sure were he came from maybe he was stuck in the u18 but i got a 19 year old winger called rundstrom from sweeden gave him 2 games in the league and 1 in champions league before loaning him out to nottm forrest for half a season.

Also a change I made was ask for a affilate club to increase the scouting range for the youth intake a team in Uruguay 

image.png

I understand your frustration.

I think we just have to accept this year iteration of the game is absolute garbage. I suppose they're allowed a bad year.

So many things are broken, this being one of them.

I am just hoping that FM24 will be the "love letter" they claim it to be. 

I mean, if a player like Shaw isn't good enough for you to give him play time in some easier games or games or minutes when you already have the game in the bag then your standards are simply way too high. Youngsters need playing time to develop properly and you're not giving yours any as none of them seem to have any minutes in your first team. You're not going to have a bunch of 140-160 CA youngsters just roll out of your youth teams. That was a thing in older FMs when youngsters developed way too quickly even with just playing in the U19, but nowadays you need to actually give them minutes in your senior squad.

Seems to me you're playing the game exactly like PL clubs play in real life, just buy buy buy with no time for youngsters unless they're a generational talent and then you wonder why you don't have any players from your own academy playing for you.

On 28/07/2023 at 11:47, PandaIsland said:

Context I'm Everton we have won 8 league titles in the last 10 years and won 2 champions league titles with 6 finals lost

My current facilities are 

training: State of art

Youth: State of the art

Youth recruitment: Excellent youth

Junior coaching: Exceptional

In the u21 staff we have 11 coaches and in the u18 we have 14 coaches.

My HOYD has 17 judge abbility and 18 judge potentioal, and 20 working with youngsters, hes personality professional, high rep likes 4-2-3-1 gegen attacking press more often age 68

The best youthb players ive had come through are around 2 to 2.5 stars in their early prime 20-23 and even then thats only 1-2 every couple of years

You have one of the best teams in the world, with probably best players in the world. The best coaches, facilities, and everything else.

So your players, 15/16/17 year old are compared to the best players in the world. So your youth are compared to the likes of mbappe, haaland, lewandowski, de bruyne, van dijk, kroos, modric.

These youth players are 3 or 3.5 star potential players (from the screenshots uploaded)

For example in Liverpool, Milner, Origi, Minamino were 3 star players. So your players have the potential to be as good as these players.

So if you expect wonderkids each year, you probably don't know that there's not a team in the world who has superb intakes each year.

Remember that the pool is the whole world, you have bought most tickets and you have the best chance for best players but it's not guaranteed that you'll get world beaters. Brazil will produce certain number of good youngsters, Argentina, France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, Italy. It's not possible to have the best or even all the good players each year.

I also believe that certain level of coaching/facilities will give you AT LEAST decent rotation/fringe players (easiest would be to check this in in-game editor).

My method is to keep all players from intake, and wait till 20/21 for the 'ultimate' coaching report with no potential stars hidden.

23 hours ago, Bigpole said:

You have one of the best teams in the world, with probably best players in the world. The best coaches, facilities, and everything else.

So your players, 15/16/17 year old are compared to the best players in the world. So your youth are compared to the likes of mbappe, haaland, lewandowski, de bruyne, van dijk, kroos, modric.

These youth players are 3 or 3.5 star potential players (from the screenshots uploaded)

For example in Liverpool, Milner, Origi, Minamino were 3 star players. So your players have the potential to be as good as these players.

So if you expect wonderkids each year, you probably don't know that there's not a team in the world who has superb intakes each year.

Remember that the pool is the whole world, you have bought most tickets and you have the best chance for best players but it's not guaranteed that you'll get world beaters. Brazil will produce certain number of good youngsters, Argentina, France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, Italy. It's not possible to have the best or even all the good players each year.

I also believe that certain level of coaching/facilities will give you AT LEAST decent rotation/fringe players (easiest would be to check this in in-game editor).

My method is to keep all players from intake, and wait till 20/21 for the 'ultimate' coaching report with no potential stars hidden.

when you put it into pespective of IRL players it explains it better even more so with the liverpool with origi etc.