Got too much money now players want stupid wages

Hi I have been very good with my buys and sells in terms of making profit playing as arsenal.

now I got 600M transfer budget and 100k in spare wages.

the board keep increasing it every summer and it just money I don’t need.

can I reduce it?

I believe that now I have it players are asking for stupid wage increases 

my top earner is approx 250 a week

i went to renew odegard’s contract from 185 and he wants 400k-475k

🫠🫠🫠

I have a squad player on 88k he wants to be squad player on 250k 

it’s not making sense 

how can the agents know how much money I have?

I have always found this to be an annoying issue when buying players too. If I have money the players demand huge wages and we can't come to an agreement and then they sign for another team on far less wages. I've had a player turn down 150k and sign for another club on 25k, it makes no sense at all.

1 hour ago, coloneldecker said:

I have always found this to be an annoying issue when buying players too. If I have money the players demand huge wages and we can't come to an agreement and then they sign for another team on far less wages. I've had a player turn down 150k and sign for another club on 25k, it makes no sense at all.

Completely agree, drives me crazy. Yet I guarantee a mod will come along soon and give an explanation, however. Never ever will they admit to flaws such as this.

My biggest bugbear at the minute is the loan fees. Every single club asking for €190k playing fee and €300k+  non playing fee for average players and youth players who have zero first team experience. Then the AI offers me zero fees and “fringe player” playing time and will not budge on it, for my loan listed players.

But remember, it’s a level playing field for the human and AI across the board. 

I have noticed this in my Birmingham City save. I am in season 4 and just starting my 2nd in the Premier League after avoiding relegation last season. I have always been strict with wages and the maximum wage a player in my team has is £40k but the rest of my squad are around the £20k to £30k region. Now all of a sudden because I have £25mil left in my transfer budget and a decent amount left in my wage budget I am getting a load of players kicking off saying they deserve a better contract and demanding £70k per week. It is ridiculous. 

Players actually know your wage budget. Shifting your entire budget towards the transfer budget actually worked to reduce player demands as they were aware you had less budget available in past versions, although I can't confirm that for FM23. Maybe in FM23 it has changed to just be your overall budget? Since finances in FM are insanely easy to manage and making massive profits on the transfer market is no problem whatsoever the human player will generally sit on massive amounts of cash that the game simply doesn't handle very well, as the financial side isn't designed with the expectation that clubs sit on hundreds of millions in the bank.

At the same time, might as well just pay players what they want, as money is not an issue in FM anyway and when your club is raking in massive profits over the years it also isn't really a surprise that players know that the club is incredibly wealthy and will want a slice of that pie. The way it is coded into the game with players being aware of your budget is awkward, but if a club like Arsenal were to have a positive transfer balance of half a billion over the next couple years Odegaard would be asking for a massive raise to be sure.

Dont get to obsessed with the finances of your club, its not your money at the end of the day and if you wanna keep your best players your gonna have to pay them what they want, normally for a top club my wage limit for a top star is around 350k a week, but for a very special kind of player that i see as super important for the club i would pay what ever he wants.

On 29/07/2023 at 05:43, Mst82 said:

Completely agree, drives me crazy. Yet I guarantee a mod will come along soon and give an explanation, however. Never ever will they admit to flaws such as this.

My biggest bugbear at the minute is the loan fees. Every single club asking for €190k playing fee and €300k+  non playing fee for average players and youth players who have zero first team experience. Then the AI offers me zero fees and “fringe player” playing time and will not budge on it, for my loan listed players.

But remember, it’s a level playing field for the human and AI across the board. 

even if the player they are trying to loan is going to be the star for their team. it always zero fees and “fringe player” playing time