The tactics screen is a complete mess.

Hi kids,

Long time listener, first time caller...

As the title says, the tactics screen is a complete and utter mess, and, imnsho, it's been getting progressively worse with each release for a while. This isn't just an aesthetic complaint either, the functionality is completely borked as well. It shouldn't be impossible to switch between two relatively simple formations and have players in whatever damn position I want in the second formation. For example, I want my most attacking midfielder in my 4-3-3  to be my no10 when I need to go more attacking with my 4-2-3-1. No dice apparently. I have to go into the tactic screen and manually check everyone is where I want them. It makes the quick changes options on the match screen completely and utterly redundant.

There are so many glitches and oddities on this one screen (choosing the clear slot option for slot three messing with the line-ups in your other two slots is an hilariously annoying fav), which, you'd think for this game would be a centre piece which is intuitive, informative and relatively glitch free.

FM23 is 0 for 3 in that regard. 

When i switch i.e. from a 4-1-3-2 to a 4-3-1-2 the defensive and central offensive do not change their position logically but the central offensive players keeps his tactical position and the defensive midfielder suddenly becomes an attacking midfielder which makes no sense and yes, each time you swtich you tactic per drop down menu you need to look if the players took the right positions and adjust manually if not so in the end the changing of a tactic per drop down menu is not used by me ingame but only inweek.