[FM20] A journey through Sweden

DaneBramage

Rynninge IK - May 2031

No upgrades over the winter, but I did go on a coaching course to earn a National A licence

---------------------------------------------

A few back-up squad members were released, but no one of any importance.

We made approaches for three of my ex-players from Tyresö FF, and managed to bring in two of them. We're paying both over £100 a week, so could be an expensive gamble. Or could be what we need to improve our defence and add another regular goalscorer.

T26i Oscar Flensborg has previously played 50 times for me. T27h Hannes Johansson unexpectedly made a big impact almost immediately when first playing for me, with seven goals in 15 games. He's since added another 25 goals over the last two years, so hopefully he'll keep this up, and it will also have the bonus effect of weakening Tyresö FF.

6567bfecc2b6d2628217ac06615bce1a.png

The third player I tried for was 25a Isaac Brikell, but he wouldn't discuss terms. Understandably, as he instead went to Jonköpings Södra in the Superettan, where he's on £750 a week.

We're still conceding goals like it's going out of fashion, but at least we're scoring more (at home anyway).

T20b Magnus Ternstedt scored the goals to earn the points in the first two games, then Alexander Larsson took over for the next two.

The unbeaten start puts us 4th in the table.

2acd958e628b938431cb80099e5d6c92.png

I've replaced Martin Karlsson between the sticks with 18 year old 29j Mathias Tillman, but I can't say I'm confident about that choice. The former probably still looks better but I want to move on to a younger option, and 30g Brian Kelly isn't ready yet.

2f81e616465d8c92a43a08f31a562efe.png

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rynninge IK - May 2031

I have no idea why our defence suddenly turned into an impenetrable wall for four games, despite changing nothing in our system, but I'm glad it did. Some more good points on the board, and T27h Hannes Johansson scored his first goals for his club with a strike in each win.

There wasn't much in the Vänersborg IF loss, we'll win games this season with performances like that. Could have gone either way.

We stay in 4th place, one point behind each of the teams above us.

d008b38e7615634e203c2c6df714b8e0.png

Received the first invitation for an interview in a while. Still have no right being given this kind of offer.

Helsingborgs IF - Superettan (15th)

Rynninge IK - June 2031

The loss to Vårgårda IK made it three games without a win, which put me in a bad mood.

So I put the team selection in the hands of my AssMan for a few games to get us back on track. The majority of their choices were the same, with changes made in goal and on the wings only. As usual we scored plenty of goals, while also conceding too many.

T27h Hannes Johansson took the plaudits for consecutive braces. At present he and Alexander Larsson are leading the way with seven goals apiece. 

e03103b2de98808dd89114c84c169347.png

It's all very close at the halfway stage, but the form of Lidköpings FK is looking slightly ominous.

502d0eefb87391108dfc8688cc0f65f0.png

21 minutes ago, DaneBramage said:

Rynninge IK - June 2031

The loss to Vårgårda IK made it three games without a win, which put me in a bad mood.

So I put the team selection in the hands of my AssMan for a few games to get us back on track.

I often do this just to see who he picks and where. I usually revert to what I want afterwards, but I do like to see what his opinion is at least. 

Rynninge IK -  July 2031

Cracking stuff! The AssMan continued to prove his worth with four more league wins. Adam Jönsson had mainly been on the bench for me, but with the AssMan favouring him on the right-wing he took advantage of the opportunities to score four times.

Then, after 11 seasons, I finally had a first cup game! More of a hindrance than anything at this point though.

Midweek, in between two league games, and against a side in the tier above, I always planned to rotate and play the back-up players in this tie. But I accidentally set all of them to play in a reserve match the day before, so they weren't available. Thus I had to play a mixture of the remaining reserves and under 19s instead. They picked up a very creditable result mind.

2b50e31dcfeae9dacb79630aa03a97c9.png

This season is panning out pretty similar to last year, with us and another team breaking away at the top. We matched them stride-for-stride this month, the final two months will be tense.

77b6347d4181538c6811646d9fefebe1.png

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I often do this just to see who he picks and where. I usually revert to what I want afterwards, but I do like to see what his opinion is at least. 

I like it as a bit of a palette cleanser when we're in bad form. I've done my damage, now time for someone who's halfway competent to come in and show me what I should be doing.

Also handy to filter in the reserves and under 19s, see if he fancies any of them I might have missed.

And the annoying players who can fit in a variety of positions. I often end up just sticking them on the bench so I don't have to decide what to do with them, the AssMan making the choice can help with that.

Rynninge IK - August 2031

Home form good, away form not so good.

The ex-Tyresö FF players are carrying us a bit, which I guess is to be expected as they had the better facilities for youth intakes, and are further along in their development. There are generally three of them in the starting line-up, along with three players from our 2029 intake. 29d Axel Lundh (DC) and 29j Mathias Tillman (GK) deserve their spots, but 29f Fredrik Karlsson (AML) is really not delivering.

8f66a15e8eaaefeee91968d7bce0cb28.png

Lidköpings FK have dropped a few points this month, but we haven't really been able to capitalise and only pulled back one point on them.

Vänersborg IF are looking good with four wins in this time, including one over us, and the final month of the season could be a nervy one.

5b8c2611ab72c95a76dcbd339dc93776.png

Another interview offer.

GIF Sundsvall - Superettan (8th)

Rynninge IK - 2031 Youth Intake

A golden generation!

Three players with 5.0 PA is pretty good, along with another at 4.5.

The personalities aren't the worst, but the top rated chap having a low determination stat is a bummer.

A pretty boring intake when it comes to nationalities, with just one Croatian.

I like the look of 31b Anders Aronsson. Will definitely try and get him some gametime over the final few matches of the season.

Spoiler

67fc4e78d4b38dcf7c57a53efeaa1f7f.png

048fc756503c197c782b13a8e7f3ae11.png

Rynninge IK - September 2031

The Vårgårda IK game was ridiculous. We only allowed them three shots, none on target, while having 20 of our own (eight on target). T27h Hannes Johansson was the main offender and lost a week's pay for his profligacy. He bitched about it so found himself dropped for the rest of the month.

In a turnaround from last month it was our away form that rescued us. Adam Jönsson ran the show with two second-half goals to beat IFK Åmål, but it wasn't all smooth sailing. Losing to Stenungsunds IF at home was poor, and left them lurking just two points behind us in 3rd.

That meant we couldn't rest on the final day, we needed to win. We did, although we left it late.

42500a4c07f8fa59c5c359794ea4130b.png

We pulled equal on points with Lidköpings FK, but they took the title with their superior goal difference.

We're off to the play-offs again.

447f35404d31d5adb34413a30b0cdf69.png

Rynninge IK - October 2031

The first game of the promotion group stage didn't include us, and Skoftebyns IF and Kristiansad FC went to a 3-3 draw, which was very much in our favour.

Just three days later we played Skoftebyns IF, and our players were in a lot better condition. We ran rings around them and picked up a comfortable victory.

Of course, in a three-way league when you have the longer rest period before one game, you'll have a shorter rest period before the next. Thus we then only had a three day turnaround before the next game against Kristianstad FC. But any worry was gone pretty quickly, when we scored within 90 seconds of kick-off. They then went down to ten men just after the quarter hour mark, and the game was over by half-time.

Captain Alexander Larsson played like a leader with the opening goal in each game, Daniel Augustsson picked a fine time to score his first goals of the season, and 31b Anders Aronsson grabbed his first goal for the club.

952cc39b8431f9a7fa05a9e6c780a339.png

Dominating. Could not have gone much better.

7815cebcbdd04f047816517fc470a524.png

But it's not over yet.

Yep, there are multiple stages in this play-off system. After beating off two other teams that finished as runners-up in Division 2, our reward is a tie with IFK Lidingö FK, who finished 13th in Division 1 Södra.

Edited by DaneBramage

Rynninge IK - October 2031

The first-leg against IFK Lidingö was at home, and we got the perfect confidence boost with a goal through 31b Anders Aronsson just four minutes in. We could have doubled the lead shortly after, but an effort was scrambled off the line. We couldn't hold on for the win though, a draw was probably a fair result in a tight game, but it was disappointing in the way that 29j Mathias Tillman let a long range effort go through him.

The second leg started in a similar manner, as we again took the lead. A long ball into the area caused the opposition problems, and Alexander Larsson was dragged down. The referee pointed to the spot, and he got up to stick his penalty in the top corner. But again, we conceded before half-time and the scores were levelled.

After not scoring all regular season, Daniel Augustsson was clearly saving up for something special. He'd scored twice in the promotion group stage, and he grabbed another here, bouncing on a loose ball in the six yard area after a free-kick to give us the lead once more. 

T27h Hannes Johansson had been benched for a few games as punishment, but when he was brought on he showed us what we'd been missing. A surging run down the right, he swerved past the full-back, then hit a screamer into the top corner. The fight was gone from IFK Lidingö at this point, and we played out the final half hour without too much trouble.

98cbfeb039b06ea993abc64a7e07b8aa.png

After 12 long years, I can finally say this:

WE ARE PROMOTED!!!

Edited by DaneBramage

Rynninge IK - 2031 Season Review

Very happy with this year. We did our best at the top of the table, couldn't quite end the season as champions, but made it into the play-offs and completed the job in style.

We received £40k for the promotion, though that just reduced the money we owe to the bank. Our youth set-up cost £30k extra this year so that's a big part of why our balance has dropped, as well as an additional £8k in wages (largely due to the two signings).

Hopefully there'll be some more money on offer in Division 1.

1447608482a6f0ffca0b2665d4a0246c.png

A lot of heroes in this squad, finally achieving the promotion that has eluded me for so long.

29j Mathis Tillman joined up with the senior squad for the first time and immediately made himself first-choice in goal.

He was helped by the new partnership ahead of him, 29d Axel Lundh and key signing T26i Oscar Flensborg.

T20b Magnus Ternstedt was our player of the season, weighing in with seven goals and seven assists, the most productive season of his career.

And three players hit double figures - 10 goals from Adam Jönsson, 12 from T27h Hannes Johansson, and 13 from Alexander Larsson. Unfortunately it's unlikely that  T27h Hannes Johansson will be staying with us, he got upset about being fined a while back and won't talk about a new contract.

The rest of the contracts expiring this year also probably won't be renewed.

fa0293ae60beb15d79bd9741c16625ce.png

11 academy players made their debuts this year, though most were in the cup game when I hadn't rotated and rested the senior players properly, so it was out of necessity rather than choice. 

Of those who were used significantly in the first-team, 29j Mathias Tillman claimed the number one shirt as his own, conceding just a goal a game and keeping eight clean sheets. 31b Anders Aronsson was the standout of this year's intake, and he's already made an impression in the team.

Two more players from my time at Tyresö FF were brought in as well and made their second debuts for me. All three signings from them have been a success and improved us, but I don't think there will be any more.

2712b003302a3e3d63928dec90caa74f.png

The Reserves won their second tier group in a repeat of last year's success. They couldn't get promoted previously because of the level of the senior side, it's not clear yet whether out promotion will also allow them to do the same.

The Under 19s came 10th in the initial stage of the U19 Premier Division, then 4th in the relegation stage to ensure safety.

Previous Clubs + Players

Tyresö FF (Division 2 Södra Svealand) suffered a slow start to the season, only picking up two points from the first five games. They came on strong throughout the rest of the year, but the damage had already been done. They eventually finished in 5th place, three points off the top two.

25a Isaac Brikell played in every game for Jonköpings Södra, only contributing two assists, as they narrowly avoided relegation from the Superettan (12th place) on the final day.

Rynninge IK - April 2032

After promotion was confirmed I asked for a couple of upgrades. Junior coaching and youth recruitment were both improved to an adequate standard.

I would have liked to keep T27h Hannes Johansson, but I chose to not re-sign the others when contracts ran out. I'm a little bit worried about leaving the first-team squad a little thin now, but it'll give the younger players a chance to step up. 

There are more teams in Division 1, so we'll have 30 games instead of 26. It looks like the additional games are all in the first few weeks with four midweek games, so we'll see at that point who sinks and who swims.

9cf230c3bd8353cb74e05846be0430b2.png

13th place goes into a relegation play-off. 14th-16th go down automatically.

The media are predicting that we'll finish 13th. The board want us to avoid relegation.

Performances haven't been quite as bad as the results would suggest, but we are definitely being outclassed a bit. We can put up a good fight and make it a competitive game, but actually putting the ball in the net has been a problem. And no clean sheets either. So issues at both ends of the pitch really. 

The home games were played by the first-team, and the away teams by the rotation team. Our only win did come from a game the second-string started, but it was only when Alexander Larsson came on and changed things with a magic five minutes late on.

With 20% of the season gone already we sit in 13th place.

b3b0224596856153477a8b21ba5f9224.png

Edited by DaneBramage

Rynninge IK - May 2032

Two excellent games when everything went our way, but then we just stopped scoring goals again.

At least we earned a first clean sheet of the season to halt the losing streak.

bdbd50c4db353e50996ccd2c226aa8f9.png

Scoring a goal a game while conceding almost twice as many isn't ideal.

But it's enough to have three teams below us, which is what we need. In a perfect world it would be four, but 13th place would at least leave our fate in our own hands,

1c4593f556463ad72d2198c114a50b75.png

Rynninge IK - June 2032

Just the one game this month, as the league now has a four week break for some reason.

As we've gone four matches without a win I put the AssMan in charge of picking the team. He came up trumps, we completely dominated Arameisk-Syrianska IF and the scoreline should have been higher,

None of the teams around us won, so we've risen to 12 place.

7e79746d030b55c60502f730cbce717a.png

Rynninge IK - July 2032

What a month!

We put together a few friendlies to stay fresh during the break, and it worked out very nicely. None of the other teams did, so we had fitness and momentum on our side. I hadn't noticed until now that this was four straight away games, so that makes winning all of them even more impressive.

T20b Magnus Ternstedt was of course the star man with a hat-trick against IFK Stocksund, but 31b Anders Aronsson also shone with a goal in each of the next three games. He'd been struggling so far this year, but we adjusted our line-up slightly, just switching around which striker played in which role, and he really fit into the new position.

Spoiler

4c285e728981017b957aa810b2caf70f.png

f43b262089ed231ce10a8595723b7c58.png

We're just past the halfway point now, and we're the form team in the league.

We've got a nice 10 point buffer now over the bottom four, it's too early to say we're safe but we've certainly put ourselves in a good position.

6e3e5a917af8d256ac3a02e275b9f883.png

Two more interview offers this month. At least now with a promotion in the bag I've done something to earn this, but I still feel unqualified.

Brommapojkarna IF - Superettan (8th)

Östers IF - Superettan (7th)

Edited by DaneBramage

Rynninge IK - August 2032

We made it five consecutive wins with a big victory Lunds BK. Our six goals came from only six shots on target. Both of our central midfielders grabbed two assists, and both wingers scored twice. Not that that really means anything, but it was aesthetically pleasing.

The rest of the month was a bit rockier and results were inconsistent, but we were still able to add a few more points to our total.

d8155da3429e670ce87fe1f0b7dd6759.png

With eight games remaining, we're 12 points clear of the bottom four.

At this point it's probably okay to suggest we're safe and won't get relegated.

6698f97c179a407b6f31810cfac1b692.png

This is the second time this lot have invited me for an interview, though the last was six years ago. Still a mad option.

Östersunds FK - Allsvenskan (15th)

Rynninge IK - 2032 Youth Intake

A golden generation!

Not a huge amount to comment on here - I guess as we improve the intakes will look less good compared to the current squad, so it gets more difficult to spot potential stars. Even those with the 1.5 CA don't look anything special at the moment.

Not much of interest in terms of new nationalities either, and there are plenty of poor personalities towards the top end of this list.

c21b4db026363f11547094003e102445.png

Rynninge IK - September 2032

Two home wins, both with clean sheets.

Two away losses, including a bit of a tonking from leaders Husqvarna FF.

In July I mentioned a change regarding which striker position 31b Anders Aronsson was playing in, and he then scored three games in a row. Of course, he hasn't scored since and is now on an 11 hour dry spell.

4c6f4d59193a3c0f50f1ef0bca84a3d3.png

Survival has been confirmed, and we will be seeing a second year of football at this level.

Now it's just about finishing as strongly as we can, and making sure we get a good midtable position.

c21871ff5eb57b7ec904cd856c85e59b.png

Rynninge IK - October 2032

A good end to the season, even if the final day was a bit of a damp squib.

In my last update I mentioned 31b Anders Aronsson was going through a drought, the FM Gods were gracious enough to let him score a stoppage-time winning goal the next time out.

0aa9672c2b362d752f51860f125eeb72.png

A win on the final day would have seen us clinch 3rd place, which would have been unthinkable at the start of the year, but I'm super happy with 5th. 

We had the third best attack in the division, but also the joint second worst defence. 

12 losses is a lot, more than any team outside the bottom six, we just need to turn a few of those into draws.

bbb67c79ac4931dd594cfb5b87cbb620.png

Rynninge IK - 2032 Season Review

We had a great first season at this level. After a bit of a slow start we came on strong to finish in the top half. We weren't even in the conversation for relegation after the first couple of months, and even could have finished as high as 3rd.

Junior coaching and youth recruitment were both improved, though the former is just back to its original status now.

The season goes on a month longer than Division 2, so the bank balance was checked a month later. We definitely didn't make a profit, but fundraising and sponsorship monies had come in at this stage. 

Annoying that it was just a one-off appearance in Svenska Cupen last year and we weren't invited back this time.

098719acadb9cabf5412c5c142dd2d56.png

The average ratings might not reflect it, but I think there were a lot of good performances this year. Alexander Larsson top scored with 10 goals, while T20b Magnus Ternstedt was top creator with 10 assists. Adam Jönsson and Daniel Augustsson also contributed nicely.

There are two contracts here with expiry dates at the end of the month. Daniel Augustsson has agreed to an extension as our top paid player on £190 per week, but T26i Oscar Flensborg won't even talk, he wants to move on to a higher level. The only interested club currently is from the Icelandic top tier.

24318aacf49a0747f4ac23dcd038327f.png

Four academy players made their debuts this year.

There wasn't too much change to the first-team. After T27h Hannes Johansson left 31b Anders Aronsson took his place in the starting line-up, but found himself benched by the end of the year.

29f Fredrik Karlsson has been replaced by 30b Thomas Svensson.

2144056ed5a9e1dc61d57f66b49b3eb7.png

The Reserves won their second tier group for a third year in a row but can't get promoted.

The Under 19s came 12th in the initial stage of the U19 Premier Division, then 5th in the relegation stage to ensure safety.

Previous Clubs + Players

Tyresö FF (Division 2 Södra Svealand) spent pretty much all season in 2nd place, finishing just two points off top spot, and 20 points clear of 3rd place. In the play-off group round they won one and lost one, and didn't advance to the next stage.

25a Isaac Brikell moved for £28k to AFC Eskilstuna in the Allsvenskan, but only made six appearances as they were relegated.

On 29/08/2023 at 15:15, DaneBramage said:

Rynninge IK - 2032 Youth Intake

A golden generation!

Not a huge amount to comment on here - I guess as we improve the intakes will look less good compared to the current squad, so it gets more difficult to spot potential stars. Even those with the 1.5 CA don't look anything special at the moment.

Not much of interest in terms of new nationalities either, and there are plenty of poor personalities towards the top end of this list.

c21b4db026363f11547094003e102445.png

3x 5.0 PA players is a good intake, but when 1 of them is also casual it's a real kick in the privates. Quite a few single digit (Det) players mean that a rubbish personality is always likely. 

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

3x 5.0 PA players is a good intake, but when 1 of them is also casual it's a real kick in the privates. Quite a few single digit (Det) players mean that a rubbish personality is always likely. 

Four of the top six have determination attributes at 6 or below. Pretty quick way to kill the excitement for an intake.

3caf04988fe9fec79d7b44860002f517.png

I know when this first came up I thought 32a could be okay, with a bit of mentoring in order to bump up his determination stat 2 or 3 points.

It's not like his determination is much better than the other three, it's just the influence of 1.5 CA and fairly sporting, rather than 0.5 CA and casual, low determination, or unambitious.

Rynninge IK - 2033 Season Preview

The board wouldn't improve any of our facilities over the window due to the lack of money.

But at least they did try and rectify this, creating a link with Örebro SK (Allsvenskan). They're paying us £25k per annum, and we also got another £10k from hosting a friendly. 

They can send us players on loan, though I wouldn't be able to use them (other than one of my ex-Tyresö FF players, but he wasn't interested anyway).

As expected T26i Oscar Flensborg left the club at the end of his contract. He said he wanted to join a higher calibre club, and then took a paycut to sign for IK Oddevold instead, who have just been promoted into the same division as us. I'd put him on my enemies list, other than the fact I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

d63be796d444e2933576bf0a50ce9a68.png

For the first time one of youth players has been poached away before coming through. I'll keep an eye out for him in a future Östersunds FK (Superettan) intake, but the 3.0 PA silver stars possibly indicate he won't be up to much.

Spoiler

65f72a422694ffdeebd8fe710f116080.png

For the first time in this career we've had an offer with payment for one of our players, £1.1k (+20%) for Daniel Augustsson, from Ängelholms FF (Superettan). With the amount we're in the red this is just pennies, so was rejected as it would us no good, and he's one of our best players.

Immediate strop from him, boycotting the next friendly and earning a week's fine, and a mini-revolt from half the squad who believe he should be allowed to leave. Perfect.

Spoiler

4ff9fb4d1e9f68e07418545ce9a26f8c.png

The media think we'll finish 14th and be relegated.

The board want us to avoid relegation.

Rynninge IK - May 2033

We made a bit of a dodgy start to the season as we're not equipped yet to cope with midweek games. Our starting XI is pretty competitive, but the rotation side is nowhere near the same level and struggles to get points.

Once we settled into one game a week (and barring invitation to Svenska Cupen, there are no more midweek games scheduled) we started performing better and picking up consecutive good results.

With five goals 31b Ander Aronsson (ST) has already matched last year's tally, while the four goals from 29d Axel Lundh (DC) has equalled his career total to date.

f005bb8518a4a088c70f83ff2667ca6e.png

Solidly midtable.

Just noticed that FBK Karlstad are bottom of the table, which makes our most recent result look worse. Of course it's us they got a point against after losing six in a row.

ff2e1086425743d8e0c2d1d6e949f93d.png

Rynninge IK - June 2033

A mixed bag with a home win, home loss, away win, and an away loss.

In each win we pummeled the other team, while each loss was a closer affair. So the two defeats were disappointing, but on another day we would have gotten something from those games. The real kick in the teeth was conceding to Nyköpings BIS in the 92nd minute to lose that one.

The problem is probably that most players aren't contributing enough goals. The two mentioned in my last post are top scoring with six each, but no one else has more than two.

dd932d89ac7556c87bb8f55cdd23c38c.png

No change, solidly midtable at the halfway point.

59f9a0610cf4884ccdceef2559b98dcf.png

4 hours ago, DaneBramage said:

Four of the top six have determination attributes at 6 or below. Pretty quick way to kill the excitement for an intake.

3caf04988fe9fec79d7b44860002f517.png

I know when this first came up I thought 32a could be okay, with a bit of mentoring in order to bump up his determination stat 2 or 3 points.

It's not like his determination is much better than the other three, it's just the influence of 1.5 CA and fairly sporting, rather than 0.5 CA and casual, low determination, or unambitious.

What I would say is that everything is relative and it's all well and good me saying "don't ever sign casual or (L.Det) players or (Unamb) players, but if he is good enough to get in your team then just him getting in the team might be enough to drive the development itself. The problem I have is that all things being equal, an average player with good PA and a rubbish personality isn't going to develop in the Youth Team/U19's/Whatever, so they are never going to get to the point where you start playing them. If you like the look of (32a) or (32b) then can you get away with sticking them straight in the team right now for the 1st 60 mins of every game. What would happen? Would it cause you to go down? It's honestly what I would do in a Youth Only save if I thought it wouldn't cost me my job, (and probably even if I thought it would cost me my job). In this type of save nothing else matters, so if you don't play these 2 players in particular, (and I would probably add (32d) into the mix depending on what he looks like, then how are you aver going to be successful at the save, because the problem is that in saves like this, this is what success looks like at this stage I think. They have given you some PA and a little bit of CA and how you get from that modest CA closer to the PA is up to you. You can train them all you want and send them on loan and play them in the U19's, but we all know that the only way those players get anywhere near their PA is by playing in your 1st Team, (and possibly then even not). 

If it was me I would honestly just bin (32c), but before binning him I would be looking for reasons to keep him.
How much depth have you got at DC?
Can he get in the team on CA.
What are his attributes balance like?
If he can get into your team on CA then nothing else really matters. 
If he he isn't close yo getting in your team now then you might as well get rid because he's not going to improve without it. 

The other option of course is, improve the Junior Coaching & Youth Recruitment and fast-forward to the next intake and hope they're better. :lol:

4 hours ago, DaneBramage said:

For the first time one of youth players has been poached away before coming through. I'll keep an eye out for him in a future Östersunds FK (Superettan) intake, but the 3.0 PA silver stars possibly indicate he won't be up to much.

Hide contents

65f72a422694ffdeebd8fe710f116080.png

Love this feature. :applause:

Rynninge IK - July 2033

After a couple of dodgy results I made a few slight adjustments to the roles for my left-sided striker, and each of the midfielders. Clearly tactical genius at work, as we then went on a three game winning run, including beating the leaders Sandvikens IF.

T20b Magnus Ternstedt thrived in his new attacking playmaker role, with three goals and two assists.

Spoiler

9d9512e1a552168fcec741861787fc5d.png

74c19024db5075f542eca7b5d66b39e7.png

Solidly midtable.

0824a05bd76d46d02e8d2fef6d3828ec.png

Rynninge IK - August 2033

Being invited back into Svenska Cupen was a nice treat. Our opening game was against a fifth tier side, and a young rotated side made it through relatively easily, though it did take extra-time to really make our class show. In the next round we faced Allsvenskan side Mjällby AIF, and predictably lost. 

In the league we played well, bar one abomination. We were terrible against IFK Stocksund and were soundly beaten, but the rest of the month we looked good, earning three wins all with clean sheets. Adam Jönsson went through a purple patch scoring a total of five goals over these four games, and he is now our leading scorer this season with seven.

edbc129027b4ac9ce0391f07df9bacfe.png

We need just one point from the final six point to avoid relegation, I think we're safe. 

I'd be annoyed if we finished any lower than 7th.

0edc4fa13a5c0cd2655af36c67860ad4.png

Rynninge IK - 2033 Youth Intake

A golden generation!

@Jimbokav1971 Of course it's happened again. Guy at the top of the rankings has poor determination.

I think 33a Zoran Stojiljkovic looks quite good, so he's certainly worth giving a chance. Right-wing doesn't feel like a position where we're particularly well-stocked, the first choice is still an original player, so there's definitely an opportunity for him. I might do a depth chart at the end of the season, assess which positions we're strongest and where there are gaps.

Spoiler

026e958f2c0658a9d0d86e357682cdb3.png

Elsewhere, I like the look of 33e Mikael Ekwall. The other striker rated highly, 33d Daniel Mattson, also has 1.0 CA and 4.5 PA, but the former is very tall and a better finisher. Slow though.

Spoiler

1edc31e7c32e3715c8fb6b77dc98758b.png

f40d9ff8542ee4bb6b0c0c68574f2714.png

Rynninge IK - October 2033

A mixed end to the season. The two wins over IK Brage and FBK Karlstad extended our winning run to four games, but then the consecutive losses put a dampener on things.

We recovered to beat managerless Vasalunds IF well, and 30k Anders Persson-Engwall made a big impression to suggest he should be involved more (despite his technical attributes being horrible).

But then we got absolutely battered on the final day. To be fair, Nyköpings BIS had a lot more to play for - the win put them into the play-off spot.

The game against BK Forward saw us break our attendance record, with 604 people turning up. We don't get those kind of numbers often, the averages over the last few years were 139, 172, 161, and 219 this year. 

017d95029dd70c76472c52bf3a91e948.png

6th place, I'm happy with this.

An almost identical record to last season, as we turned one loss into a draw to earn one more point.

We also scored one more goal than last season, and conceded ten fewer.

aa88a61fd5c98534c03b38d258ad978b.png

Rynninge IK - 2033 Season Review

A comfortable season in Division 1. After taking so long to get there (albeit with two clubs), once at this level we've had no issues at all.

Financially however, it's a different matter. The jump from last year's balance to this year's looks huge because of the discrepancy in the date when the figures were taken, but even so we're obviously losing money each year. I don't care, it's not my problem, but it will make requesting upgrades a long shot.

Spoiler

3ed52d28c3b3871e3cd99fb1640c9996.png

25ed1048f1b28d03b1d69111585303d8.png

Adam Jönsson ended the season with 10 goals, a solid amount from the right wing. Seven of these came in a six game run though between August and September, so he didn't contribute much through the rest of the campaign.

Adam Borg was top creator from right-back, with eight assists.

T20b Magnus Ternstedt was our fans' player of the season, and had the highest average rating at 7.28.

My starting strikers managed a total of 12 goals between them, I really need to re-think this before next season starts.

bba46a56c0758ff152812b9ddb97ad69.png

T20b Magnus Ternstedt only has a 2.0 CA rating, but he's still playing strongly at 29 years old. 29d Axel Lundh is one of my best players, and has formed a partnership in central defence with 29c Ibrahim Koroma. 29j Mathias Tillman had his best season so far with 10 clean sheets.

10 academy players made their debuts in 2033.

0f5dc2726a78efc732d55fbf82558656.png

The Reserves won their second tier group for a fourth year in a row but can't get promoted.

The Under 19s came 9th in the initial stage of the U19 Premier Division, then 3rd in the relegation stage to ensure safety.

Previous Clubs

Tyresö FF (Division 2 Södra Svealand) won their first six games of the season to take an early lead. They went through a bit of a blip during June and early July, dropping off of top spot for one week, but when they got going again they regained 1st place and stayed there until the end of the season, clinching promotion with one game to go.

Rynninge IK - 2024 Squad Analysis

We have 88 players over our senior, reserve, and under 19 squads, and it's too many really. The senior squad only has 30 league games, with few midweek matches (the first month of the season only), so it's not like we need a strong back-up 11 most of the time. But having so many in the reserve and under 19 squads means that they don't all play enough, meaning when we need to dip in and grab someone for the first-team, often they're not fully fit. So could definitely do with trimming them a bit.

Could also do a better job of making sure the reserves and under 19s have friendlies set up in weeks when they don't have matches scheduled. Going to set a monthly note to check this actually.

Goalkeepers

29j Mathias Tillman has been our starting goalie for three years, and I don't see any reason to change that. He's been reliable, and there's not really anyone coming through to challenge him. This is definitely a position where we could use a potential star in the next intake.

7f2d5e441f3edbcd3c0ef6ec393658f4.png

Right backs

Adam Borg has been our starting right-back for the last few years, and has been a good player. A creative force in the most recent year too. But as one of the few original players remaining, it's time to start looking towards the future. I won't bin him off, as he's on non-contract terms there's no expense to keeping him around, but I'll be moving 31i Sebastian Svensson up into the first-team.

f1b7957f053056333e06d4cbcd45191f.png

Left backs

This is a position where I had two original players, with Dimitris Dimitriadis as first choice and Bigger Badiashile as the rotation option. That's a wasted opportunity really, preventing any youngsters from playing. The former is contracted and the latter is not, so it's pretty obvious who's being kept on and who's being released. 

They won't be staying as first choice though, it's time for 31c Carl Hallstensson to get a shot.

b0781cbfa94f36e38507b4ae9e65ab07.png

Centre backs

29d Axel Lundh and 29c Ibrahim Koroma have formed a good partnership together, and that will stay the same. A lot of decent options behind them, though the two who can also play up front are more likely to find themselves as bench players due to their versatility.

30068ae4e2cf4ebfb97a6b8e6b0e7210.png

Central midfielders

This is another position where I'll be sticking with the same partnership, but this decision is less straightforward. The CA of Daniel Augustsson speaks for itself, but the stars for T20b Magnus Ternstedt are well down. Yet the last three seasons have been the best of his career. At this point, other than the 2029 season, we've spent our entire careers at the same club, so there is some loyalty there too.

Spoiler

c14f16eb94ea4b7fbcd955c4a01e269c.png

There are plenty of suitable back-up options behind this two, so it will be a case of making sure that they get enough gametime throughout the season. Daniel Augustsson is expensive, roughly £10k per annum, so we need to build someone up to replace him, likely by the end of the upcoming season.

055d7fc358c86c166de2e6589c13e050.png

Right wingers

Adam Jönsson is clearly above everyone else, and has contributed over 40 goals or assists over the last three seasons. He's another one who is expensive though, so I want to give 33a Zoran Stojiljkovic plenty of appearances this season (hopefully to the point I don't have to check the spelling of his name each time).

e8123e0ad2209ff616d91186e6a36d7d.png

Left wingers

Not a position of huge strength. 30b Thomas Svensson and 29f Fredrik Karlsson have been playing in this role, without contributing huge amounts. Though to be fair, both were teenagers for the majority of this time.

e7549e21a7f42eaf75f65a064b15964d.png

Strikers

I'm making a big change here, as our starting striker for the last four years, Alexander Larsson, has been set for release. His performances have been on the wane, going from 22 goals, to 13 and 10, then just five last year.

The amount of goals we've scored has been on a bit of a downward trend over the last four years (66, 53, 47, 48), so something needs to change (admittedly, the last two seasons have been in a higher division). There's a lot of potential here, so I guess I need to sort out roles to fit everyone better. 

31b Anders Aronsson and 30k Anders Persson-Engwall will likely start as my first choice partnership up front, but there are a bunch of players ready to come in and challenge if they don't start well.

a65f6b9e6281e2afb1b0f6b59a7da674.png

Edited by DaneBramage

Rynninge IK - 2024 Pre-Season

Örebro SK are our parent club, and pay us £25k per annum, but even so, this is a bit naughty of them. I could forgive poaching one prospect before they come through our academy, but taking two is going rogue.

One of them even had gold star potential, so could have been a good player.

Spoiler

8f010efe10653da89dfb56e228e5004e.png

566dc3ecf520c001372d1313de9754f9.png

The players mentioned in the squad analysis were released, but one big name followed them out. Interest came in for 29d Axel Lundh, and he made it clear he wanted to leave. I admit this could be a mistake on my behalf - I thought he only had one year left on his contract so decided to take the money, but it turns out he actually had two left so it may have been more sensible to keep him.

The initial offer from AFC Eskilstuna (Superettan) was worth £7.5 k + £1.8k for 50 appearances + 30% of profit + friendly.

I negotiated this up and offered him out for a bit more, and another half dozen clubs got involved. After a few more days of accepting, re-negotiating, and cancelling, we eventually ended up with the following that went through just before the deadline.

He's off to Falkenbergs FF (Allsvenskan) for £25k + 50% of next sale + friendly.

That now leaves us with the following first choice and second string line-ups going into the new season.

Spoiler

824bc7e4e8fe2726816cb5cafec250db.png

Spoiler

7d611dd9559dd96d69467d15a7a9c515.png

The bookies and media both think we'll be relegated.

The board don't have much higher hopes, and want us to avoid going down automatically, and aim for the relegation play-off.

Edited by DaneBramage

Rynninge IK - May 2034

37 minutes ago, DaneBramage said:

The players mentioned in the squad analysis were released, but one big name followed them out. Interest came in for 29d Axel Lundh, and he made it clear he wanted to leave. I admit this could be a mistake on my behalf - I thought he only had one year left on his contract so decided to take the money, but it turns out he actually had two left so it may have been more sensible to keep him.

Two months on, and I can confirm that yes, this was a terrible decision.

We've been crap at the back over the start of the season, conceding an average of more than two goals per game.

We scored twice as many in May as we did April though, so hopefully we can keep that going.

7bcad904aa167a12c33c38d9281a3ceb.png

Our first win of the year pulled us out of the relegation area.

You might want to look at the team just below us in 12th. We play them for the first time in July.

62fc2284b36f2998dc012792cb1ec6c5.png

Rynninge IK - June 2034

After the poor opening to the season I made a bunch of changes to the formation, line-up, and instructions, desperate to provoke some sort of change.

This is what I've currently stumbled on, but will probably change again when I next get annoyed.

Spoiler

d963f87f1713747f8e03a268ff74db7a.png

After the win at the end of April we added two more this month to make it three in a row, and a draw then made it six games unbeaten.

But we completely collapsed against Lunds BK, giving them a four goal headstart within 25 minutes. We managed to pull it back to 4-3 and inundated their goal in the second half, but failed to score an equaliser and they instead added another to kill the game off.

I don't really have any other options in goal, but I feel like I have to put someone else in for a bit because 29j Mathias Tillman has just been hopeless this year.

d74ad08307da925a2cc306cc2ceb89f4.png

We've put a little gap between us and the bottom four.

Tyresö FF have overtaken us now though. We play them on matchday 15, and also on the final day.

d1ca0f559bb6eac4abb97ee15d517ce7.png

Edited by DaneBramage

Rynninge IK - July 2034

We're at the point in the save where I hate my team and everything about it.

They're just finding new ways to be incompetent, but mostly centred around conceding as many goals as possible.

The real nadir was of course the loss to Tyresö FF. We were 1-0 up at half-time, then they went down to ten men just before the hour, and we still somehow lost. There were two bad mistakes which gifted them the points - a suicidal backpass from 31c Carl Hallstensson (two week fine) for one, and then we wasted a corner and they broke away and scored (even worse, it was by our old boy T27h Hannes Johansson).

Even when we finally managed to win a game we still conceded three times.

83768ea8adbcb7c6a187d29218243cd4.png

In the relegation play-off place. Just a terrible year so far.

I'd take 12th at this point, but I'll be really annoyed if Tyresö FF finish above us. We have to get revenge on the final day.

0b17cef13699463c0ddce97ebb277ebd.png

Why are top tier clubs still contacting me for interviews? Which part of conceding 37 times in 17 games do they consider good?

IF Brommapojkarna - Allsvenskan (14th)

Örebro SK - Allsvenskan (15th)

Rynnnige IK - August 2034

We sold one player this month. On paper Daniel Augustsson should have been our best player, but on the pitch it just wasn't happening. There was an offer from Norway for £10k but he rejected this, so instead he stays within Sweden for £4.1k + 50% of next sale. This saves us £190 a week, and he would have been off at the end of the season anyway. I don't see this as any big loss.

dbfd4a8c75040223423080f4692fa65e.png

This is a nice feature. Svenska Cupen is very much not a priority at the moment, staying in Division 1 Norra is the aim, so giving up home advantage for £30k is a no-brainer. 

It doesn't necessarily do much for us right now, our bank balance is still about £100k in the red, but it could be the difference at the end of the season. If we potentially have a positive balance after membership fees and sponsorship payments come in, then that might allow us to get some upgrades approved again.

52a08750d0afbc111fc605baa07d3792.png

I spun the tactics roulette wheel again, and ended up giving 4-5-1 a crack. And touch wood, this might be the one that turns our season around.

Spoiler

1493fb713cffd13cfaedc84e8042365b.png

Including the game at the end of July, we won five games in a row with it, and scored a lot of goals. 

T20b Magnus Ternstedt had one heck of a month, in particular during the Täby FK match when he scored two free-kicks, scored two screamers from outside the area, and also claimed an assist from a free-kick.

Our winning streak ended to Jönköpings Södra, but that was expected with a rotated XI taking to the pitch.

We didn't quite get back to it in the following match with Nyköpings BIS, but a draw's not a bad result.

6717f503a692f5b631a118702d4a20e8.png

We've pulled out of the relegation area, thanks not only to our good form but also none of the five teams below us being able to win any matches this month.

We've scored more than anyone else in the division, but also conceded the most.

The best news though is that we're now ahead of Tyresö FF

a4e36339f78aa23d60db1b6ba8827d64.png

Edited by DaneBramage

Rynninge IK - 2034 Youth Intake

A golden generation!

Oh, come on!

Our HoYD has a determination attribute of 11. Why does he keep finding all these clowns who barely have a desire to tie up their laces? There's so much PA here too, but so much of it that will never be met.

I've left staff recruitment delegated throughout this career, and this HoYD has been with the club my entire time here. I think it's time to take control of this, get rid of him, and bring in someone new.

Spoiler

0aa6534607ebbeb05ab0216794293afd.png

Spoiler

dfc4d721cbc4d526a8e71dad9a2298bc.png

6ed29f191a656a121013ae44ec84ccbf.png

Rynninge IK - September 2034

This season is just a chore to get through. It's constantly one step forward, then one or two steps back.

We're just so streaky. At no point in this season have we won just one game, it's been three in a row, then five in a row, then two in a row. But this has been interspersed with winless runs of seven, six, and four games.

Even when it started looking like things were back in order this month, we got smashed by Sollentuna FK. We had double the shots and a lot more possession, but somehow they scored with all four of their shots on target. Any other save my goalkeeper would be released or transfer-listed, but nope, can't do that here. Didn't even have the option to fine him.

b0196b9c8112449fbe6a8da3b492294d.png

We should be safe from relegation, but the game against Tyresö FF on the final day could decide which of us has bragging rights for the season.

59ae9e461511b1fc658ac1d3d01acd77.png

1 hour ago, Deisler26 said:

Oof. But things have to go up from here, surely?

Let's hope so!

I think after finishing 5th and 6th I got caught up in the idea that we should be pushing on, but that was probably an overperformance. 

The players who came through the first intake are only 21, so this is a young squad, and the disruption of our best defender leaving had a big effect.

A few seasons at this level is probably a more realistic expectation. Just got to hope someone catches fire, and I can find a way to stop conceding so many.

Rynninge IK - 2024 Season Review

A big drop-off from last year. It's probably a little simplistic to put it all down to the departure of 29d Axel Lundh, but that was certainly a large part of it. Lesson learnt - don't sell players unless the money will definitely be able to make a difference. 

The final day of this season was three weeks later than the final day of last season (no idea why the schedule keeps changing each year), so the bank balance compared to last year isn't a fair comparison. While it was briefly positive I asked for upgrades, but was denied.

Spoiler

3b5cc6825e3b588931bf76d095f0269d.png

dee1f20e13e43e11b56e4e0a8d84bb5c.png

Adam Jönsson had a really good season with 16 goals from the right wing. I've managed to sign him up for another two years and slightly reduced his pay (to £150 per week).

The other remaining senior players will be leaving when their contracts expire.

T20b Magnus Ternstedt was our fan's player of the year for a fourth time in a row, and also had the highest average rating in the history of Division 1 Norra. 

Up front 30k Ander Persson-Engwall and 31b Anders Aronsson weren't exactly prolific, but both made decent contributions.

We scored five more goals than last year, but also conceded 22 more. The defence well and truly let down the rest of the squad.

Why did I stick with 32b Lucas Andersson for so long? Ouch.

be98c2353ca13fc29af9f6ade3c6681d.png

T20b Magnus Ternstedt is now listed as a club icon, and it's well deserved.

Seven academy players made their debuts this year. The newbie with the most appearances is just off the bottom of this list, as 31i Sebastian Svensson was a regular at right back, playing 25 times.

27e012d537d2865cdee565e4a149be63.png

Edit: 32b Lucas Anderson should be SWE, not ENG / JAM

The Reserves won their second tier group for a fifth year in a row but can't get promoted.

The Under 19s came 5th in the initial stage of the U19 Premier Division, then only picked up a single point to finish 14th in the Champions stage.

Edited by DaneBramage