[FM20] A journey through Sweden

DaneBramage

Rynninge IK - August 2040

Another injection of cash from the board, this time £75k. 

We also sold home advantage in the second round of the Svenska Cupen for £15k, and earned an additional £30k from ticket sales due to this.

---------------------------------------------

But the chairman also found another to make money, by selling my players. For the third time this year they accepted offers 'too good to turn down', though at least on this occasion there was a bit more time before the deadline, so I was able to offer these two players out and negotiate higher fees.

36h Mohammed Teklit was our top scorer last year, and was also leading the way so far this season. Not an impressive tally mind, just four in the league. Even so, losing him is a blow. The chairman accepted £19.25k from Varbergs BoIS, I managed to increase this to £33.5k + 50% of next sale from AFC Eskilstuna. He's now our record sale.

Also going was our second-choice left-back, so this was less of a blow. The chairman accepted £16k + 30% of next sale from Degerfors IK for 36j Thomas Nilsson, I managed to turn this into £19.5k + 50% of next sale from Östers IF.

We've made just over £100k from sales of academy graduates.

Spoiler

dd38b6609e0bf2f5026696f6b5150efc.png

984b91fddf571cafb0a025c8f84491eb.png

A very mixed couple of months.

If we scored, we were laughing. We scored in five games this period, and we won all of them. But there were another five games we didn't score, and we only gained one point.

I moaned a few years ago about how often we weren't getting on the scoresheet, I think it was nine games in total that season. We've already shot blanks 11 times this year.

36h Mohammed Teklit went out the right way, with a hat-trick in Svenska Cupen and then a goal in his final appearance at Gottne IF.

1c8ca320abb9480a3130ed0b9ad6edfc.png

I think we've done enough to get out of the relegation battle, now we need to build on this and get a top-half finish.

7f266d02a5658bb5f4a8af843c528084.png

Not content with taking our striker, they wanted me to join as well.

AFC Eskilstuna - Allsvenskan (11th)

Edited by DaneBramage

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rynninge IK - September 2040

This squad of players is just utterly broken. They're a complete disgrace.

55791f1a8b69a32bd08a3ac225f384c3.png

Another interview offer. Should probably start attending some of these, I am fed up of wasting my time with this squad which is clearly never going to improve.

Halmstads BK - Allsvenskan (15th)

Rynninge IK - October 2040

Another £100k thrown in by the board.

Same old rubbish. Any hint of quality is immediately replaced with incompetence. No commitment or integrity from these players.

041329503f8f6d882c555ad479e32505.png

There were 11 games where we didn't score this season, literally more than a third of our games.

Pathetic.

a62294c5c85988d2e9990f3c1d75e904.png

Edited by DaneBramage

I think you definitely need to find a way to upgrade youth recruiting, youth coaching and facilities, as that will allow both players with better current ability and higher potential to come through the academy. Easier said than done, since it requires finances... 

Rynninge IK - 2040 Season Review

A hugely frustrating season as we've regressed massively these last two years, and I don't know why. No matter what I try, nothing is working.

On a happier note, all the money injected throughout the year has meant we've ended up with a positive bank balance for the first time in a while.

We also managed to get a couple of upgrades through, though only one popped to the next level. At the start of the year the board agreed to improve the junior coaching and youth recruitment at the end of the season as long as we gave the youth players a lot of gametime. I've found these promises to be a bit hit-and-miss previously, with the commitment sometimes not being honoured, but both were implemented here. Using the editor I can see both are now at 17/20, so nearly improved as far as they can go.

baa6c4cc301d19765c25bba4633baa0c.png

Not a lot to impress here.

31b Anders Aronsson was voted the fans player of the year, and he did end up with the most goals and assists. Neither tally was in double figures though, so he was just the best of a bad bunch.

e4389f98f962b2bdf823b83a48e773e2.png

31b Anders Aronsson is now our record appearance maker, though his goalscoring has heavily slowed down in the last three years and I wish we had a striker to replace him. It could have been 36h Mohammed Teklit had the board not sold him.

30b Thomas Svensson, 32b Lucas Andersson, and T25a Isaac Brikell will all be leaving the club this winter. It seems pretty negligent to let three left-wingers go at the same time, but if they're all so intent on playing badly it's pointless keeping them.

T20b Magnus Ternstedt made one final appearance this year, and has retired for real now.

13 academy graduates made their debuts this year.

09111049066fc0984e0b18e6fef33178.png

The Reserves won their second tier group, but can't get promoted.

The Under 19s came 4th in the initial stage of the U19 Premier Division, but then last in the Championship stage.

Previous Clubs

Tyresö FF (Division 2 Södra Svealand) bounced back at the first time of asking, going to the top of the table early on and eventually running out champions by a convincing 17 point margin.

Edited by DaneBramage

4 hours ago, TelcontarTargaryen said:

I think you definitely need to find a way to upgrade youth recruiting, youth coaching and facilities, as that will allow both players with better current ability and higher potential to come through the academy. Easier said than done, since it requires finances... 

I've generally found the chairmen to be pretty good with upgrades, the youth recruitment and junior coaching have been improved every two or three years.

The issue is the training facilities, that's the one we need badly. It's all well and good presumably having the potential, but with such a limited way of reaching it (gametime only) it's never going to happen.

Rynninge IK - May 2041

Apparently nobody's been paying attention to our last two years of abject failure, as expectations have increased for the coming season.

The board want a top-half finish, and the media are predicting even higher, top five.

I cashed in a clause, taking £211k from IK Sirius to pass up on 40% on the next transfer fee of 35d Alain Ibara.

We lose so much money each month that this doesn't do much for us financially (currently £269k in the red, despite another £75k being injected by the board), but it seems unlikely that this figure will go up or that he'll be sold for more than half a million, so I thought it best to cash in on this now while it was so high.

This has tripled the total amount that we've received for our academy graduates.

c4f02a667cc3d0e5d47dcbaffcf51aaf.png

Spoiler

6e6bbf2fe7da98622737ebb96982139b.png

I was pretty worried after the first two games, especially after the loss to IF Karlstad where we were completely FMed. We didn't score at all from 17 shots, whereas they scored twice from just two shots on target.

Luckily we won the next two games to take the pressure off, but it's still a very whelming start with a mix of results with no rhythm nor rhyme to them. Whether it's home or away, the first team or the rotation team, it's basically just a die roll as to what the result will be.

d9918980abd3398bdc9450912d48f4b8.png

Very midtable.

41fee248dfe8d7a3e0d4c90da12af1e9.png

Rynninge IK - July 2041

Four crap performances in a row saw me dragged into the chairman's office and they demanded answers why we were doing so poorly.

There was no option to blame the players for being lazy and mentally weak cowards, so I went for the difficult run of games choice. The chairman didn't really buy it, but gave me a month to turn things around.

We battered BK Forward but couldn't score, and didn't deserve to lose. 34a Helmer Augustinsson was sent off.

We picked up a first win in a while against IF Karlstad, 19 year old centre-back 38e Fredrik Tillman stepping up to score a penalty on his debut.

Lunds BK were much better than us, but we grabbed a point with a screamer from outside the area.

We battered Huddinge IF but couldn't score, and didn't deserve to lose. 34a Helmer Augustinsson was sent off on his return after suspension.

9b8f0cd145fa0195d9b76ad6667713ea.png

We all know what's coming here, right? One win isn't going to be enough, I've been royally let down by the majority of these players.

02d1ee8efe4a2839d998f706d7358ddf.png

Hope they go on to get relegated.

9afb519aaf23b4f6111269f71e4691be.png

You can't be this desperate surely?

BK Häcken - Allsvenskan (13th)

22 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

What s next? 😁

Not really sure yet.

I have an idea for a save I want to do, but setting up a new career and getting started with it is always a bit of a pain.

So I might stick with this save and turn it into a Scandi journeyman.

Either way, I think I'm done with youth only. One promotion and two sackings in 22 years, I'm clearly not cut out for this approach.

March 2042

18 hours ago, DaneBramage said:

I cashed in a clause, taking £211k from IK Sirius to pass up on 40% on the next transfer fee of 35d Alain Ibara.

We lose so much money each month that this doesn't do much for us financially (currently £269k in the red, despite another £75k being injected by the board), but it seems unlikely that this figure will go up or that he'll be sold for more than half a million, so I thought it best to cash in on this now while it was so high.

For what it's worth, he was just sold to Kalmar FF for £800k (possibly rising to £975k).

40% of this would have been worth £320k (possibly rising to £390k), so it's good to know that I've caused Rynninge IK to miss out on a substantial chunk of cash.

2042 Season Preview

I decided to stick with this save, but the youth only limitation has been removed. I tried, I failed, I move on.

I went on holiday applying for all jobs, but I was getting offers that were clearly above my station. I was invited to speak with Varbergs BoIS and Östersunds FK (Allsvenskan), as well as Drottur Reykjavik (Icelandic Pepsi-deildin). Nothing I've done so far deserves a top tier job, so I stopped this and just manually advanced while looking for openings in the third tier (either in Sweden, Denmark, or Norway).

After a little while I was approached by Åtvidaberg FF, and one interview later I was installed as their new manager. They're based in Division 1 Södra, so the same level as my last job but a different regional group. They've been at this level for most of the last 13 years, barring one ill-fated season in the Superettan.

Historically they've had some major successes, with two Allsvenskan victories and two Svenska Cupen victories in the early 1970s.

1c701980723bcf681b6793750d6f7002.png

Facilities aren't great.

Below average training facilities - Below average youth facilities - Adequate junior coaching - Fairly basic youth recruitment

When I took over we had £100k in the bank, but on the eve of the season kicking off we're down to £11k. 

I assume the financial situation will again be a bit dodgy, but perhaps the increased attendances will put us in a better standing here.

At Rynninge IK the average attendances in my time ranged from 161 to 298. At Åtvidaberg FF the average attendance last year was over 2,500.

But with an increased fan base comes increased pressure.

The board want us to qualify for the promotion play-off in 2nd place, while the media also think we should finish in the top two.

The top five signings were by me for the senior team. The rest were by the DoF to bolster the ranks of the reserve squad.

dac6af3fc22a037d3d722be2d4c742b5.png

Here's the squad going into the new campaign. We had a good run through the pre-season friendlies (six wins and two draws), so hopefully we're set up to start the season strong.

a2ed7fa42db97cc46210f2bf664332fe.png

Edited by DaneBramage

• DaneBramage changed the title to [FM20] A journey through Sweden

Åtvidaberg FF - May 2042

I'm very happy with this start, a lot of green and no red is a joy to behold. All of my new signings have helped contribute to this, with at least one goal contribution each, and Reine Blomgren leading the way with one goal and three assists.

If I was being greedy I'd argue that we should be doing even better, and that two of the draws should have been wins. We battered Ljungskile SK, but were defensively frail and let them score three times from just five shots on target. And we were really poor going forward against FC Linköping City, only scoring once from 32 efforts and missing a penalty.

43879ebcc92be72d085724e1191d2981.png

We're in the mix after nine games but it's very close. 

Ljungskile SK are the in-form team, having won six in a row and only conceding once in that time.

6abe5b0c591cd9c95403b8798a44e423.png

9 hours ago, Sizeman21 said:

I'm happy you gave youth only a try. Sometimes it's hard to find that last bit to really get all the pieces to click. Enjoy spending some actual money on players!

I'm glad I gave it a go, but as you say, just couldn't get that final part to click. Definitely enjoying being able to bring in a striker who can score goals.

5 hours ago, Mr Jabay said:

😍 Ljungskile is the team I managed in my Sweden journey some time ago. Of course I root for you, but... Go Ljungskile, Go

Bad news is coming, they've dropped a long way off. Have limited us to a pair of draws though, we've been unable to beat them so far.

Åtvidaberg FF - July 2042

So this is a lot of fun! Wish I'd done it much sooner.

We were flying through this period, and set a new club record eight wins in a row. We also have a record 17 games (and counting) unbeaten run, which I've almost certainly just cursed by mentioning.

Sofian Ben Salem has really found his stride with seven goals over these eight games, what a signing he's been.

Spoiler

e9cc84aaa8cdd535d2c55188353816be.png

c01b4afe8666e7960c999979b129f1e8.png

Heck yeah!

I'm not going to get ahead of myself as I've certainly bottled better leads than this before, but it's looking very nice at the moment.

6b5c8b8e355414eb398225ac35d09265.png

I used the run of form we're on to try and get some upgrades approved. A couple were rejected, but the chairman did agree to improve the junior coaching up to a good standard.

Youth intakes are obviously less important now, but I don't want to forget about them entirely and will still try to use that as a pathway to the first-team.

Åtvidaberg FF - August 2042

I signed a new goalkeeper. I hadn't had any problems with the existing fella, but when this new chap Oscar Bernhardsson came up in a scout report he was clearly much better.

He was out of contract at the end of the season so I offered him a deal, and when this was agreed Varbergs BoIS said we could have him straight away for £210.

Spoiler

e397e2b398cfdb76b2a24abc5d253ed1.png

f76bf427db78ecf1d165faef1c250d32.png

Oscar Bernhardsson came in for the Skövde AIK game, and has made an immediate impression keeping four clean sheets in six games since then. 

Other than that though, our league form has stunk. We've won just one, with four draws, three of which were goalless. We're absolutely toothless going forward and neither starting striker can hit a barndoor at the moment.

Our league unbeaten run has extended to 22 games, but we've dropped way too many points here.

Our overall unbeaten run ended with the Svenska Cupen loss to IK Sirius. I wasn't bothered by this, as we got £24.5k by selling them home advantage, then another £45k from our share of the increased gate receipts. This was immediately invested in upgrading our youth recruitment to an average standard.

7381385dc8281ca9af37b340091a29d5.png

I know I said last month that I've managed to screw up bigger leads before, but I didn't anticipate that we'd try to do so quite so quickly.

A seven point advantage is now down to just one.

f51097fc38f6bb91edb3307edee24408.png

Åtvidaberg FF - 2042 Youth Intake

A golden generation!

11 players were signed from this batch, five were ignored due to their low determination.

Nowhere near as much potential as I'm used to, but that's obviously to be expected when the facilities are starting at square one again.

A player from Cape Verde is interesting, though also a bit annoying. I've learnt how to type the extra Swedish letters (ä/Ä/, å/Å, and ö/Ö), I don't want to learn more accented letters.

ac2da2aea3242ce9bb3976d802e607ce.png

Åtvidaberg FF - September 2042

I had some harsh words for the team at the end of August, and they set out to prove me wrong. We blew Utsiktens BK away and both previously misfiring strikers grabbed a brace, as well as putting on an assist for the other. This saw Sofian Ben Salem reach double figures for the season.

We then followed that up with another couple of wins, inspired by constant use of the Demand More button. We had 36 shots against Kristianstad FC (17 on target), only scoring twice was disappointing.

The huge game this month was away at Varbergs BoIS, in 2nd place. We'd drawn out our lead from one point at the end of August to six points now, but this was a big opportunity for them to claw back half of the deficit. We took an early lead and had the lion's share of the efforts, but were unable to take them and let Varbergs get back into the game. We kept giving them chances and they took advantage of this and went 2-1 up. It was looking bad and we went ultra attacking for the final 10 minutes, and it paid off when substitute Otto Niklasson grabbed an equaliser.

37c3f98f252d98be369c9241d050181f.png

Both of our nearest challengers had a ropey month and we now have a six point lead, with four games left to play.

Take a look at the bottom of the table, I hope Hässleholms IF find a way to stay up. 

964ff70f7a2db76e79c325616d651211.png

Åtvidaberg FF - October 2042

We go into the final month with a six point lead - can we finish the job, or will we bottle it?

Short answer - we finished the job and it was easy.

A comfortable victory over FC Trollhättan guaranteed at least a play-off spot, then we destroyed Skövde AIK to clinch promotion with two games to spare. Look at the times of those goals, we just blitzed them in stoppage-time.

The final two games were about getting through the season undefeated. We didn't play hugely well in these games, but we made it. A late equaliser from Emil Johansson scored us a point at Eskilsminne IF, then 42d Lukas Borg struck his first goal to pull off the late win at IS Halmia.

594ddc994893e378978577c29ad941d4.png

ed8a298642563f2d53cbe5db997ac102.png

195a8fa650b4979b00a891c767957ecc.png

Wahey!

Although I did get promoted during my time at Rynninge IK, it was through the play-offs. So it feels good to pick up the first silverware of my career (and justifies the decision to continue with this save on a non youth only basis).

We rose to 1st place in week 10, and never left this spot. There was a rocky spell during August when a bunch of draws saw us drop a lot of points, but during September and October we won 20 points from a possible 24 to finish the season strong.

I think switching from Instant Result to actually watching the games was key in this final period to make sure we kept going and ending up unbeaten is the cherry on top.

abcba32ece43fae4c03b81bb611269f1.png

Åtvidaberg FF - 2042 Season Review

Super chuffed with this, obviously.

I sometimes shake my head and lose interest when I see saves with instant success, including my own. But given the 20+ years of mediocrity prior to this I can forgive the first season promotion here. I think I can put it down to inheriting a good team, and also with the increased reputation and attendances, this is probably a club that should have higher expectations.

Next year will be the real challenge, seeing if we can cope in the Superettan at all. We'll definitely have to strengthen in a few places.

I've taken a look at the rules and they actually have prize money on offer, roughly £750k for relegation, so even if it's one and done the financial boost should be good.

e06ccd2ff2961f23e3959c12426dc42f.png

I used a 4-4-2 tactic throughout the season, basically the same formation that I always use with a few tweaks. I knew it could win things (my last long-term save before this was with Katowice, where I won the Polish Ekstraklasa 15 times in 16 years), but the limited player pool I had at Tyresö FF and Rynninge IK never suited it.

Spoiler

4dad1ccfd1d9c07519b6c5c300c2e146.png

Sofian Ben Salem was our top scorer with 15 goals, and was also the division's top scorer. He was also voted our fan's player of the season. Impressive work for a free signing.

His strike partner Emil Johansson also finished in double figures with 13 goals.

On the left-wing Martin Hjelmberg was the main provider with six assists and eight goals, though the contributions from the right side were disappointing in comparison to this. 

Midfielder Christer Nygren-Ström started more games than anyone else, but was the only outfield regular not to score even once.

New goalkeeper Oscar Bernhardsson conceded just eight times in 12 league games, and also managed an assist from a long clearance.

8b216038470cf60eadd5635a101a30a3.png

42d Lukas Borg was the only academy graduate to see any gametime, but made the most of it with a goal in his second sub appearance.

9176a54a2959af4bd30b63e30b4d8233.png

Previous Clubs

Tyresö FF (Division 1 Norra) had a comfortable year, never being near the top or the bottom, and finishing 7th.

Rynninge IK (Division2 Norrland) had a very similar season to us, going the whole year unbeaten and winning the league by five points.

November 2042

Every year I see a message about the Division 1 Rookie All Star North v South match, and have no idea about the criteria. None of my players were ever called up.

Until this year, when five of them have been selected, and they were all my new signings. So I guess it's players new to the league (explaining why no youth only players were selected).

1ade438b066196d428b4296638461d0d.png

And I've been chosen to manage the North side.

Bizarrely though, only three of my players are in this squad. The other two are in the South squad. So how are these squads allocated?

And I won Division 1 Södra, so why aren't I managing the South squad? The manager of Varbergs BoIS, who were runners-up to us, is managing them instead.

678c055f1a86d3e0b13344eadc6bf175.png

Just as many questions as answers.

Anyway, 'we' won 2-1. We took an early lead and doubled-up before the half hour mark, and completely bossed the first 60 minutes. A red card reduced us to ten men, we were under the cosh a bit and conceded in the 85th minute, but managed to hold on for the win.

adaf76e81ac622f24990a24e819ca828.png

It means very little, but as this is probably the one and only time (in any save) I'll ever take part in this game, it's nice to tick that box. 

And, rather generously, it counts as a cup in in my manager history.

6e5f92e985050e7ae0e151a3e250aa03.png

Åtvidaberg FF - April 2043

We sold one player, my second choice right-back who whinged about not playing enough.

4527e75a0e5dae98278e2bde0c85d728.png

Four players came in on free transfers. My scouts apparently don't seem to see much value in the local market as only one of these is Swedish. The others are Finnish, Norwegian, and Irish.

Irish left-winger Sean Hyland impressed while on trial. It's probably fair to say his career hasn't really started yet, after coming through at Bournemouth he didn't make a single appearance and then spent five years underwhelming at Shelbourne. My scout sees something in him though, so let's hope he's right.

Spoiler

56ee188aa9a7429546d1fa11de8a7754.png

ea630c3c3f7dada73b189ed5cedb9246.png

The media think we'll go down, the board want us to fight bravely against relegation.

The bottom two go down automatically, while the next two go into play-offs against the Division 1 runners-up. 

Four out of sixteen teams being involved in the relegation mix certainly means we'll probably be caught up in this, I'll be happy if we're not in one of the automatic spots.

I was pleased that we didn't lose on the opening day, and the draw with Varbergs BoIS extended our unbeaten league run to 32 games. I was hoping for more from that tie though, they were runner-up to us last year, so we need to be winning these kind of games, especially at home.

AFC Eskilstuna gave us our first loss of the season, but we bounced back very nicely with a big win over Helsingborgs IF. Our wingers looked great, Sean Hyland scored a hat-trick while Henrik Nilsson scored the other, and also provided two assists.

The loss to Göteborgs AIS wasn't as bad as it looked, we dominated the game and really should have won. But we gave up a 1-0 lead, and two poor defensive mistakes turned the game against us.

The loss to Mjällby AIF was as bad as it looked, I'm sure we'll be the victim of a few whoopings this year and that one was the first. 

4bc654254cc10fa896cee43902300c9e.png

We're giving it a fight, we're not going down easily, but it's pretty clear it will be a struggle. 

Just got to keep chipping away and picking up points where we can.

294a985b4ce143b60d97fd3fa7e3effb.png

Åtvidaberg FF - May 2043

A very nice month. 

Three wins is more than I could have expected and is giving me some hope that we've got what it takes to survive this year.

My centre-back Erik Outzen already has eight yellow cards in nine appearances, and was suspended for the other two.

05a0ddc1c128f22cffde67c8d3ec0989.png

The lowest points record previously was seven, so we've doubled that already. 

Over the last few years anywhere between 31 and 38 points has been needed to avoid finishing in the bottom four.

f5b9b4ce0d73aca3886166cdaa8e69ac.png

Åtvidaberg FF - July 2043

I have mixed feelings about this period.

On the one hand, points have continued to trickle in. A couple of wins and a couple of draws gives us a point a game. It's possibly not enough over a whole season, but it's certainly not disastrous either. 

Coupled with the strong May we're still outside of the relegation places, so we're doing well. 

But on the other hand, some performances have just been awful. Our defence has collapsed and there were five games in a row when we conceded at least three times. We're scoring a lot, but we're being let down by the players at the other end of the field. Scoring 11 times against Norrby IF, IK Brage, and Landskorna BoIS and only coming away with two points is disgraceful.

694034e9cd23bd80d3549fede93858c2.png

We're currently midtable, but only two points separate us in 9th from Jönköpings Södra in 13th place. 

A few bad results could easily put us in trouble, especially having the worst defence in the defence. 

d8a781abe9c6c1fc2490000e8e2c1196.png

At least receiving interview offers for higher ranked clubs makes a bit of sense now.

I'm not against moving clubs now I've pivoted to a journeyman save, but I don't think I can justify attending an interview for a top tier team yet.

BK Häcken - Allsvenskan (10th)

Åtvidaberg FF - August 2043

The good - A big win over GIF Sundsvall, by our largest margin at this level. Sofian Ben Salem has rediscovered his shooting boots with four goals this month, his first since October last year. We've averaged more than a point per game.

The bad - We dominated each of these three draws. We should have managed at least one win from them, the worst offence was conceding a 95th minute equaliser against Östers IF.

The ugly - Getting knocked out of the cup by Hässleholms IF, from the division below. The second-string were selected for this match and should have been strong enough to win, but again we dominated without taking enough chances, or even one in this case.

0151a42e0e7e8c7828e06cac5af50a85.png

The scenario is basically the same as last month - midtable, but only a couple of points clear of danger.

0f3aba1fd0d1d3ce78f3fb76b610ddc9.png

Åtvidaberg FF - 2043 Youth Intake

For the first time during this save, the new batch of players weren't described as a golden generation. 

Hopefully that's due to being in a higher division so being compared to a better quality of players, rather than the intake just not being very good.

11 of these lads have been signed. Three players have 5.0 potential, so hopefully there's some chance of them making it to the first-team in future.

423387046d494e4d7e4d1e14c449413e.png

Åtvidaberg FF - October 2043

A strong end to the season, with four wins from the final six, and four clean sheets too. Continuing on this theme, Reine Blomgren also scored four times too. I'd generally been using him as a midfielder, which I may have misjudged, as he's certainly got an eye for goal when the AssMan picks him up front.

Apart from the final day, which was utterly abysmal. We got battered by bottom of the table, already relegated IF Brage. Losing to them is bad enough, but it could have been even worse as we were 4-1 down at one point.

b1c19a82252d1218d264b846e4057f66.png

Midtable, and nine points clear of the relegation area. Lovely stuff.

We had the second best attack in the division, but also the second worst defence. Which is to be expected in our first of the year, but is something that will need to be improved on next time.

6adf360215c9c546d5310b1d72576928.png

Åtvidaberg FF - Season Review 2043

If I have one complaint (and of course I do), it's that we once more failed to progress past the Second Round in the Svenska Cupen. That's my aim for next year, especially if we're set up with an easy tie again. There's no excuse for being knocked out by a side in the division below.

But otherwise, I'm very happy with this season. We spent some of the opening period in the bottom four, but soon pulled away and never really looked back, finishing fairly comfortably in midtable.

£712k prize money for finishing 9th came in very handy, and has gone towards upgrading both our junior coaching and youth recruitment. Other improvements were were rejected, as was the request to go professional. 

4527477f9d56f0a71e2f461518f3c901.png

Otto Niklasson was our third-choice forward last season, but this year he came on strong and scored more than the other strikers combined. The other player to reach double figures was Reine Blomgren when the AssMan started using him in a more advanced position.

My signings this season were a bit of a mixed bag. Vegard Hagen played well in midfield with an average rating of 7.34, and was voted fan's player of the season. Nils Björk in defence also ended up with a green average rating.

But at the other end of the scale Sean Hyland contributed very little, an early season hat-trick being the only time he impressed. And Antti-Pekka Rahkola didn't manage a single goal.

9fcef32b41b0179b12eba53ffe4b1954.png

Previous Clubs

Both Rynninge IK and Tyresö FF had good seasons in Division 1 Norra. Neither bothered the leaders, but both were always comfortable for a top-half finish, eventually ending up 5th and 7th respectively.

Edit - 16th October

This is probably dead. My laptop keeps crashing upon loading, I've tried a few things to sort it but without any luck. I'll see if it can be repaired, but I don't have high expectations.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by DaneBramage