Football Manager 2023 Console Edition Can't Use Gamepad on PC

I have just got in to 'Football Manager 2023 Console' from the Xbox Game Pass on a ASUS Rog Ally which is basically a Windows machine with an onboard Xbox Gamepad, or you can call it a portable console or whatever you wish. But... Game is not recognising my controller I guess. Couldn't see anything related with controller inside the game including a setting or anything, the game just runs like exactly the same as the normal PC version. I saw no difference on this Console version. Why? How can I get my controller running on this version and play it with the controller rather than using touch screen?

• 2 weeks later...

As the ROG ally is still a fairly new piece of kit, I don't think there are any guarantees. I've had a quick scout online and have you tried the following:

Open the Command Center and set the Control Mode to Auto before continuing. Then open Armoury Crate, navigate to the Settings tab, and select the Configure option under Control Mode. From here, you can choose to configure either Gamepad Mode or Desktop Mode

Once that is done try launching the game and see if it allows gamepad mode?

On 07.08.2023 at 18:43, Dan Sheppard said:

As the ROG ally is still a fairly new piece of kit, I don't think there are any guarantees. I've had a quick scout online and have you tried the following:

Once that is done try launching the game and see if it allows gamepad mode?

I haven't tried it yet I will do it ASAP. But as for your first statement, this shouldn't even be connected to Rog Ally at all, it is just a Windows PC at the end of the day. And the controller is shown as an ordinary Xbox 360 controller which should theoretically be supported by the FM Console edition. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Berbat, it was just to set the expectation around newer hardware as there will always be nuances, even though built as a Windows PC, the internals of the device or even the drivers used could cause any sort of conflict.

Were you able to give the option provided a go to see if it had any success? If not, let me know and I'll see if there is anyone able to replicate it internally if they have an Ally :) - May even be an excuse for a new purchase for me :D 

4 hours ago, Dan Sheppard said:

Hey Berbat, it was just to set the expectation around newer hardware as there will always be nuances, even though built as a Windows PC, the internals of the device or even the drivers used could cause any sort of conflict.

Were you able to give the option provided a go to see if it had any success? If not, let me know and I'll see if there is anyone able to replicate it internally if they have an Ally :) - May even be an excuse for a new purchase for me :D 

Hey Dan! There's some miscommunication here, it was told on this forum that FM Console on PC don't support Gamepads. This should be replicated in any device with a gamepad connected. If you connect a gamepad onto Mac M1/2 you should be able to see the same UI as you see on the Apple TV/Xbox/PS5. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/07/2023 at 15:29, berbat88 said:

I have just got in to 'Football Manager 2023 Console' from the Xbox Game Pass on a ASUS Rog Ally which is basically a Windows machine with an onboard Xbox Gamepad, or you can call it a portable console or whatever you wish. But... Game is not recognising my controller I guess. Couldn't see anything related with controller inside the game including a setting or anything, the game just runs like exactly the same as the normal PC version. I saw no difference on this Console version. Why? How can I get my controller running on this version and play it with the controller rather than using touch screen?

In armoury crate you need to disable embedded controller then your controller will be recognised