Schedule time of matches

EllaHeysers

Hi, I have a question that nobody else could solve, so I hope you can help. My goal is to have every team of La Liga under control. So I choose the tactics, transfers and subs during matches (with in-game editor). I only want to have La Liga and the Spanish Cup.

The problem is that now every match of la liga is settled at 20:00. This means there are 10 matches at 20:00. It's too many to play during one session and I can't save it in between matches so I have to play all the 10 matches at once (and before also choosing tactics, ...). I want to make a schedule so every match (or max 2) starts at a different time. Is there any way to create the schedule in the pre-game editor? Can't find the solution... Thanks for your help! :)

I will move this to the main forum as that will make it more visible.

The answer to your question is, yes, you should be able to move matches for tv reasons. Which version are you editing in?

Ai, I need to think how to do that best. In earlier versions you could move around a bit in basic rules, but in FM22 it would be in advanced rules.

Can you post your file please? I think I know the reason for that.

Season games can be planned according to schedule (game dates or weeks to play them). Some of the competition have a season split/winterstop, so then it might be the case that you have only planned them for the games pre-winterstop.

What you are looking for is something like this, right? ;)

I think I have found the fix, but want to test a bit to make sure I don't make you happy with a dead sparrow (translate to your own language to understand :D )

image.thumb.png.f58bce9b05a1c7561cd18b7adb6f7da2.png

I forgot to upload the screenshot rightaway. But it should show you January 10th with games divided over the day from 9:30 until 23:00.

I am running a whole season to see what happens and I need to fix the first round a little bit, but if the rest of the season doesn't throw up any strange things, you should have a file later this evening.

I am running a second season to see that things keep going the way I want.

Things to fix right,

• some fixtures in the first week stay on Sunday 15:00,
  • sometimes games are moved to Wednesday, need to make sure they get varied times as well,
  • and the last weekend is played on the same time.

The first one should fixed quickly, the second one could be tough, the third one is a setting that I have already changed.
If the second season test is OK, the last game setting is going into test, together with a fix for the first issue.

I think I know how to fix the second issue as well.

Spain Updated.fmf

Here is the current file.

I think I managed to improve the first week. Games moved to Wednesday and Saturday are not yet OK, but I haven't been able to work out a solution for it. The last weekend issue has been fixed.

So, it's not entirely there yet, but the basic setup is good to continue building on. I will probably return to this tomorrow, but right I need to think if I can find anything that would fix those issues.

I tried your version but seems like the calender is not what I thought it would be.

Only 3 or 4 matchdays are OK like your screenshot. The others are still 1 time.

Some matchdays are on friday, some on monday, some on wednesday, ... 

Like this:

image.png.47e6c315fa58f398e04a5e3d82021c7a.png

Any idea why? Is it on your computer better? :)

Edited by EllaHeysers

3 minutes ago, EllaHeysers said:

I tried your version but seems like the calender is not what I thought it would be.

Only 3 or 4 matchdays are OK like your screenshot. The others are still 1 time.

Some matchdays are on friday, some on monday, some on wednesday, ... 

Like this:

image.png.47e6c315fa58f398e04a5e3d82021c7a.png

Any idea why? Is it on your computer better? :)

Weird, I played for 3 seasons to check out how the start of the season fix worked and outside some of the moved games and the occassional start of season everything worked as planned.

Maybe I need to check without holidaying, in case that's the issue. I'll put it on the list to check as well.

Yeah, I have no idea why. But I tried something else and it pretty much worked perfect. Worked for almost 3 hours again... :p 

I decided to try the "offset days". It works amazingly well. I only have 1 problem and know exactly what it is. If you can answer this one, I think I'm ready.

Everything works perfect except from 4 dates: 4th of April, 20th of June, 12th of September and 17th of October (all changed to Sunday 15:00). I didn't have time to find out what this dates are for the following years, but I don't know if that is necessary.

After some research, I saw that only this 4 dates have 14 days in between this particulary match and the previous one... Between all the other matches there were exactly 7 days and not a single match day (or time) has changed to other days or match day time. I tried to make the season 4 weeks shorter but that didn't work.

Again, thank you for all your help.
If you want to work on your folder, that's fine! But I guess I'm very close to the solution now. :) 

Here is my file:

Spain - The Career.fmf

Edited by EllaHeysers

12 hours ago, EllaHeysers said:

After some research, I saw that only this 4 dates have 14 days in between this particulary match and the previous one... Between all the other matches there were exactly 7 days and not a single match day (or time) has changed to other days or match day time. I tried to make the season 4 weeks shorter but that didn't work.

Interesting. Patterns are always nice to use and look them up. Looking at those dates it doesn't ring any bells.

Season update day is a bit late, with the season starting Jan 2 that could actually fall before December 30 some years (I believe that start date will fluctuate based on the days of the week, but the season update day is a fixed date). That will throw up issues for sure.

Otherwise just add a fixture date for each date you want (sounds like each Saturday during a specific period), and then under "dates" use those fixture dates. For each, go into "offset dates" and set 1 game per timeslot. Copy and paste those offset dates into each entry

If you're specifying each game that way, I think it will ignore your overall "offset dates", but it might be causing issues that you're offsetting each gameday 7 days. I'd put that at 0. Trying to schedule everything a week ahead is just gonna cause clashes with itself that cascade on each other and then it will default to the saturday 3 pm weeknight 8 pm scheduling or whatever you have as default

Edited by themodelcitizen